Suns Off-season Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant will be 34 in 3 months and there are health risks that go along with that. Ayton, Cam and 2 picks is more than fair. I wouldn't give up more than that.
Have to give up other players to make salaries work.

Durant is at about 44 mil

Ayton will be around 30
Mikal is 20
Payne is 6
Craig is 5
So that is a total of 61

So if that is the deal the other player(s) we get back would be about 17/18 - and Harris makes 18 - so that is probably the guy - if it is one guy.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Durant holds the cards and if we really are his top choice, I'm doing everything I can to keep Bridges out of the trade. Toss in an extra couple years of pick swaps or something.
I heard on the radio today Durant is the first Superstar to be traded in a long time that didn't have a no trade clause, someone who had a long tenure or won titles before demanding a trade. They were saying aside from this being a player's league and Durant being Durant he doesn't exactly have the same leverage in the way other Superstars in the past have had.

Not sure if I buy it because it is a player's league, but I get what they are saying.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Durant holds the cards and if we really are his top choice, I'm doing everything I can to keep Bridges out of the trade. Toss in an extra couple years of pick swaps or something.
I agree, but I have a bad feeling they will demand him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to give up other players to make salaries work.

Durant is at about 44 mil

Ayton will be around 30
Mikal is 20
Payne is 6
Craig is 5
So that is a total of 61

So if that is the deal the other player(s) we get back would be about 17/18 - and Harris makes 18 - so that is probably the guy - if it is one guy.
What ever happened to Ayton can’t be signed and traded with other guys? I thought that was the word like three days ago.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I know. I was piggy backing off of what you said. I am curious to see who they can still get for the MLE. It might be critical to round out the roster.

Let's hope the other teams have overspent.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What ever happened to Ayton can’t be signed and traded with other guys? I thought that was the word like three days ago.

I don't believe that has ever been the case. I know someone was saying that but I couldn't recall that ever being a thing. Jimmy Butler's sign and trade to Miami involved 4 teams and like 20 players.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe that has ever been the case. I know someone was saying that but I couldn't recall that ever being a thing. Jimmy Butler's sign and trade to Miami involved 4 teams and like 20 players.

That’s what I thought

He can’t be combined with a player and we can only take back 19 million in a S&T with Ayton

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would dream the Suns have control of all their future draft picks... possibly 4 first round picks available for trade.

It was not an accident.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard so many conflicting things on this I can't keep track. We need a sign and trade expert. I thought we could only take 19 million back but I think that is if one team is involved. I don't know. LOL.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Interesting. Flex still feeling real good. He is saying KD is the one holding the power.

He is still saying deal is likely just one of Cam or Mikal, Deyandre, craig and Payne and 2 firsts. Says DA may go directly or to a 3rd team, and suns may also get one additional player back.
Brooklyn holds the power not KD. When Kawhi and AD demanded trades they could dictate their destinations because the team had to get something before they walked. A player forcing his way out with 4 years left is unprecedented. Also it’s not like KD won a championship or has good Will built up in Brooklyn. They will take their time and get the best deal possible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brooklyn holds the power not KD. When Kawhi and AD demanded trades they could dictate their destinations because the team had to get something before they walked. A player forcing his way out with 4 years left is unprecedented. Also it’s not like KD won a championship or has good Will built up in Brooklyn. They will take their time and get the best deal possible.

At a certain point teams are going to move on. The Nets do face the risk of last team standing for the best trade.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
At a certain point teams are going to move on. The Nets do face the risk of last team standing for the best trade.
This is going to be a process. The Nets have to move Kyrie to get under the hard cap before moving KD. Woj said even bad teams will overpay because it’s KD. Again if KD had a no-trade clause or was a Brooklyn legend maybe he’d be able to dictate his destination.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would dream the Suns have control of all their future draft picks... possibly 4 first round picks available for trade.

It was not an accident.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The Suns have signaled since James Jones got here they won't hesitate to trade draft picks if it gives them a player they want. Another example is this draft. They easily could have traded future picks and didn't blink. Likely because they thought they would need them because of where they are at in the salary cap (needing options).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a process. The Nets have to move Kyrie to get under the hard cap before moving KD. Woj said even bad teams will overpay because it’s KD. Again if KD had a no-trade clause or was a Brooklyn legend maybe he’d be able to dictate his destination.

Only saying this will be a battle of attrition as time goes on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really hasn’t done anything for that team to bend over any more than they already have.

Then again, he could just go Ben Simmons on them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose