Suns Off-season Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it was a Stepien workaround, I just don't know how much specificity there is in the wording of the trade. If it allows for the team to decide which first round pick that year that they will choose to swap then I could see the possibility of the swap itself being used in further trades. Which might mean you wouldn't actually have to own a pick in that year to get value out of a pick swap.
I do know you can swap pick consecutive picks because you would still have a 1st rounder. You would think you could trade the swap pick to another team as long as it doesn't violate the rule and you don't have two years without a consecutive 1st round pick (i.e. you previously traded a 1st pick). Like I said great question.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And… the finger just magically healed for a month and half when he actually played well?

Bridges… untradeable? Man… the way some players are overvalued here just always amazes me.
This is so tiresome. Can't you guys just accept we don't all have the same opinion without cheapening it with this BS? It's like you and several others here are threatened by the possibility that a fan might actually like one of our players more than you do.

I'm sick and tired of being a finesse team, an offense only team, a team that never wins with their defense. For one of the few times ever, I see us competing on both ends and I believe Mikal has a lot to do with it. So yeah, I value him more than the simple numbers value him. If you don't, that's fine, but I'm not going to imply you have your head up your fanbutt just because you see him differently.

As for his injury being a problem all season? I don't know. But I do KNOW I saw him clutch at his hand occasionally throughout the season. I also know I saw him reach with his off hand at times when I believe he'd normally use the other hand. Do I know it was because of that finger, no I don't.

I've never played with a dislocated finger, I have no idea how long it takes to heal or whether it's easy to re-injure it if you continue to play through it. But I have played with a jammed finger. Some times it was no big deal, but if I took a hit to that area it would be a problem again for several days. And if I had been playing 3 or 4 games a week, I suspect it could easily have lingered all season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is so tiresome. Can't you guys just accept we don't all have the same opinion without cheapening it with this BS? It's like you and several others here are threatened by the possibility that a fan might actually like one of our players more than you do.

I'm sick and tired of being a finesse team, an offense only team, a team that never wins with their defense. For one of the few times ever, I see us competing on both ends and I believe Mikal has a lot to do with it. So yeah, I value him more than the simple numbers value him. If you don't, that's fine, but I'm not going to imply you have your head up your fanbutt just because you see him differently.

As for his injury being a problem all season? I don't know. But I do KNOW I saw him clutch at his hand occasionally throughout the season. I also know I saw him reach with his off hand at times when I believe he'd normally use the other hand. Do I know it was because of that finger, no I don't.

I've never played with a dislocated finger, I have no idea how long it takes to heal or whether it's easy to re-injure it if you continue to play through it. But I have played with a jammed finger. Some times it was no big deal, but if I took a hit to that area it would be a problem again for several days. And if I had been playing 3 or 4 games a week, I suspect it could easily have lingered all season.

Agreed, a first team all NBA defender and runner-up for defensive player of the year on a very team friendly contract. Unless you’re getting a superstar at a position of need I don’t trade that guy.

There was also no one on the team who we struggled more when they were resting.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it takes some huge lofty love of Bridges to be against trading him for SGA.

Alexander is a volume scorer who is coming off a horrendous shooting season, he also has been constantly injured and he's on a max contract. I am not all that surprised OKC is shopping him.

If last year is the player that he is that contract is a mess.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it takes some huge lofty love of Bridges to be against trading him for SGA.

Alexander is a volume scorer who is coming off a horrendous shooting season, he also has been constantly injured and he's on a max contract. I am not all that surprised OKC is shopping him.

I like Bridges but this is where it ends. This is one move I wish Ryan McDonough had been allowed to do if Shai were available.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I apologize Steve. I will refrain from registering my response like that in the future.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Bridges but this is where it ends. This is one move I wish Ryan McDonough had been allowed to do if Shai were available.

No way, I think Bridges is flat out the better player. The gap in total PPG does not cross the chasm between them in shooting efficiency and defense. And Alexander is due nearly double the money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must have missed something. There is much worse comments that happen in this forum and no one apologizes.

As a matter of fact. Some posters even like rude and inflammatory comments.

I didn't see where cheesebeef's comments needed an apology.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must have missed something. There is much worse comments that happen in this forum and no one apologizes.

As a matter of fact. Some posters even like rude and inflammatory comments.

I didn't see where cheesebeef's comments needed an apology.
Eh… I initially wrote a snarky response back and then realized… there’s enough snark and pissing matches in the world so just figured why not just apologize and move on. We don’t need to be at each other’s throats about this stuff about sports.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh… I initially wrote a snarky response back and then realized… there’s enough snark and pissing matches in the world so just figured why not just apologize and move on. We don’t need to be at each other’s throats about this stuff about sports.

I understand and commend you for it. Wish everyone felt that way.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This playing through an injury early in the regular season...there was no good reason not to sit out and let it heal properly. This wasn't the playoffs. It was an unwise thing to do and I blame Bridges; but more than that, I blame the coach for being dumb enough to relent when an injured player (probably) kept saying "I can play, coach, I can play." It would have been so easy to start Cameron Johnson for a few weeks.

I think he tore some tendons. The mystery might be solved later but I don't think it was going to be some quick fix.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If last year is the player that he is that contract is a mess.

His horrendous shooting is pretty much the same percentage as Bookers

Booker is a better 3 point shooter but SGA is a down hill player

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His horrendous shooting is pretty much the same percentage as Bookers

Booker is a better 3 point shooter but SGA is a down hill player

30% from 3 and isn't a distributor or defender and is constantly hurt.

Hard pass.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will miss the Valley jerseys but those are a good replacement.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SGA actually has a higher TS% than Booker after four years. He’s going to be great.

He's had one year of good shooting, and he only played 35 games that season, this season was a regression from that year and he also missed a ton of games... again.

This isn't even really worth debating because it would never happen, the only way the Suns would trade for a PG of that caliber is if Paul was gone... and I suspect the Suns and most around the league value Bridges more anyway, but SGA needs a bounce back season to prove his worth.

If he goes out there and shoots 30% from 3 again and misses 30-50 games, his contract is going to be viewed as dog poop.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A “better” time? The current suns were within two games of a championship (same as those suns) and followed that up with the best regular season record of any suns team in history.

He doesn't watch the games and only seems interested in reminiscing. You shouldn't be surprised by comments he makes that ignore recent events.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard