Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perimeter defense can’t keep anyone in front of them.

Aytons fault obviously

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously there are nights when it’s tough shooting or when the other team shoots the lights out. But tonight ain’t that. This is the entire machine crumbling all at once.
They looked ok in the first, then it all just went to hell.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If we lose a game 7 to this mediocre Dallas team, I have officially had it with Monty Mush. This team is playing as pudding soft as Monty coaches. He can take his COY trophy and go to the Lakers for all I care.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now it's should be all about putting players on the court who will play with energy.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have no chance when our backcourt has been completely stopped.

What kills me is little ass Brunson lays out his body to get charges throughout this series and Suns just move out of the way for Luka.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus stop trolling. Picking fights on a message board makes you a big man. Ayton shares just as much blame as everyone else.

Who’s talking to you

Can’t I just make post in the game thread. Not everything is about you.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Williams doesn't have the cahones to do that
He needs to do something to jolt these guys, not for tonight because that’s long gone, but for game seven. Something out of character they don’t expect. I would bench them right now, no need to waste anymore energy

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is pathetic. The Suns have never even made the trip to Dallas. 3 of the worst games I've seen them play all year have been in this series. No defense, no offensive cohesion, no rhythm at all.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're going to ignore minutes played and games played to hang onto your conclusion that we overworked him? I think you're wrong but heck, I have no perfect explanation for his struggles so who knows?
I don’t ignore it, but there is evidence that time off is not enough to overcome fatigue caused by high minutes and high stress minutes. For a more intuitive example, that’s like saying it’s ok to have a guy pitch 12 innings as long as you give him a week and a half off in return.

This article provides some examples, though in this case it talks more about injury. There’s a whole deal of sports science at work, this stuff gets tracked because there’s value in it.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul is toast. I thought it was just his hand in the playoffs last year. He's washed. His old school heady game hides it, but not in the playoffs.