Suns @ Mavericks 4-12-14, 5:30 PM

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't compare the NFL and NBA.. In the NBA it is star driven. Have a star, have a shot. 12 players on a team. What is it? Only 8 different teams have won the championship in the past 30 years. In the NFL they have parity. Any given season anyone could win. It is a team effort, not just one player carrying a team.

Suns need a star player. Or we are gonna be teetering on #8 seeds for a long time. It's a vicious circle. Just tank for the love of God.

A lot of teams are perennial losers and get nowhere by drafting early. I remember the Suns drafted a 2 time MVP at 15. The draft is not always a lock to find a star early. In the past two NBA draft in the top 5 picks there appears to be only one legitimate star, Anthony Davis. In this NBA draft there is also considerable differing views who will be the best players in the top 5 picks, although don't get me wrong, I would like to have that choice.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What better draft pick? We are drafting at #14 now instead of #15?

Unless we win the draft lottery, or get a top 5 pick, this season was a complete waste

I've had a lot of fun watching this team play this season, it's not a complete waste for all of us. We were never going to be bad enough to draft in the top couple of spots.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You can't compare the NFL and NBA.. In the NBA it is star driven. Have a star, have a shot. 12 players on a team. What is it? Only 8 different teams have won the championship in the past 30 years. In the NFL they have parity. Any given season anyone could win. It is a team effort, not just one player carrying a team.

Suns need a star player. Or we are gonna be teetering on #8 seeds for a long time. It's a vicious circle. Just tank for the love of God.

Football teams also have over 50 players per team. That is the main #1 reason that parity exists. Parity doesn't exist in the NBA because of the star-driven culture and small rosters. Comparing those leagues is way off base.

Tanking DOES NOT HELP. Professional basketball players do not tank, whether its because of competitive drive or the fact that too many players play for their contract. This is the same argument people have been making for years.

And there is a big difference between outright tanking and just being a horrible team. The Lakers are a horrible team decimated by injuries. That's not tanking.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A valiant effort. The Suns were in position to win, like they were most games, but came up short again.

As a consolation, they will move up in the draft by about 6 spots to 14.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A valiant effort. The Suns were in position to win, like they were most games, but came up short again.

I'm proud of the Suns effort against both the Spurs and Mavericks. Of course Dragic sit out the Spurs game and was reportedly only 35 to 40% on his left ankle in Mavericks game. They gave it their best for a young team on the rise.

If the Suns get the 14 lotto slot it definitely should improve their draft.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If the Suns get the 14 lotto slot it definitely should improve their draft.

Not nearly as much as a top-three pick would, with MIN then sliding to 14 and coughing up that one as well. Let's see if this snake-bitten franchise is finally due for some good luck.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Not nearly as much as a top-three pick would, with MIN then sliding to 14 and coughing up that one as well. Let's see if this snake-bitten franchise is finally due for some good luck.

It's nice that we keep alive the dream of having 4 picks in this draft. Not that I have a clue what we would do drafting at 2, 14, 17 and 26. We probably aren't going to use the three picks we already have (for ourselves anyway). I just hope we use a couple of those picks to move into a later draft.

It's hard to believe that we were right in that game with Dragic, Green and Markieff shooting 10 for 35.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would like it all too. :D

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's nice that we keep alive the dream of having 4 picks in this draft. Not that I have a clue what we would do drafting at 2, 14, 17 and 26. We probably aren't going to use the three picks we already have (for ourselves anyway). I just hope we use a couple of those picks to move into a later draft.

It's hard to believe that we were right in that game with Dragic, Green and Markieff shooting 10 for 35.

It would be interesting. With a 2 pick, I would be glad to take Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker. Randle would be good too, but we could probably trade down to get him. Trade 14, 17, 26 for 9 or 10 and get Gordon. Parker and Gordon. That would be a nice rebuild.

Ah, well. Its like spending that Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes money. Just a dream.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Ah, well. Its like spending that Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes money. Just a dream.
This is the first time in my life that I filled out their form. The one they keep sending over and over.

I even took one of their subscriptions -- to Automobile magazine. (I already receive Car & Driver and Road & Track.)

I still have myself believing that I will be trading in my Dodge NITRO SUV with 91,000 miles for a Mercedes SUV any day now.

After the shenanigans at General Motors and Toyota with safety recalls, and the NITRO no longer manufactured, I am ready to go to a quality foreign brand.

When I get that call from Publishers Clearinghouse, that is. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave