Suns @ Lakers Sunday Playoff thread 5-30- 2021 - Game 4

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter is the perfect guy to put on Schroeder. I don't get why Monty is whiffing on that.

I've been thinking about this as well but it's hard when Paul starts. I think this is where the Suns defense breaks down when Schroder slashes to the basket.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless a player is listed as “out” the injury report means absolutely nothing.

So true.

However, I'm still puzzled where Jae Crowder was listed out for a game and still played.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So true.

However, I'm still puzzled where Jae Crowder was listed out for a game and still played.

I can't remember all the rules to them but if a team has multiple days off then there are multiple injury reports, the day before and day of. The day of is the one that mean something.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see Carter on Schroeder also but he's so shaky offensively I can't blame Monty for questioning the idea of putting him out there. If he's timid or off then he's less productive than injured CP3 offensively. Of course you don't know if you don't play him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember all the rules to them but if a team has multiple days off then there are multiple injury reports, the day before and day of. The day of is the one that mean something.

Unless it's back-to-back games NBA teams have to report a player out by 5 p.m. local time the day before a game. It's 1 p.m. on the day of the game for the second day of back-to-back games.

The game in question was on 5-7-2021 against the Knicks when Jae Crowder was reported out the day prior but played. It was not a back-to-back game. He announced he was playing on the day of the game in a tweet.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless it's back-to-back games NBA teams have to report a player out by 5 p.m. local time the day before a game. It's 1 p.m. on the day of the game for the second day of back-to-back games.

The game in question was on 5-7-2021 against the Knicks when Jae Crowder was reported out the day prior but played. It was not a back-to-back game. He announced he was playing on the day of the game in a tweet.

I was trying to find info on the rules but only came across a report about injuries this season, which I out in the Around the NBA thread. Got sidetracked by that and gave up. It might be more lenient this year because of Covid though. They've amended a lot of rules regarding active players for this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find info on the rules but only came across a report about injuries this season, which I out in the Around the NBA thread. Got sidetracked by that and gave up. It might be more lenient this year because of Covid though. They've amended a lot of rules regarding active players for this season.

It's certainly not a biggie but it's the only NBA injury report I found that seemed to be off regarding a player being out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why Chris Paul played game 3 if his shoulder is sore.

By Logan Newman | May 29, 2021 at 2:45 pm Arizona Sports:

“He didn’t do anything today,” Williams said. “We gave him some rest today with the hopes that he’ll feel better tomorrow, and we’ll just see how it goes when he wakes up.”

---------------------------------------------

“We’re just waiting for that [soreness] to go away,” Williams said. “There’s really nothing else we can do.”

“What they told me is he’s ready to play and that’s all I can go off of,” Williams said.

https://arizonasports.com/story/266...isses-practice-rests-injured-shoulder-game-4/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

“He didn’t do anything today,” Williams said. “We gave him some rest today with the hopes that he’ll feel better tomorrow, and we’ll just see how it goes when he wakes up.”

“We’re just waiting for that [soreness] to go away,” Williams said. “There’s really nothing else we can do.”

“What they told me is he’s ready to play and that’s all I can go off of,” Williams said.

https://arizonasports.com/story/266...isses-practice-rests-injured-shoulder-game-4/

Monty, you can go off your own eyes. Man, this situation sucks enough, but Monty closing his eyes to reality just doubles the suckage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty, you can go off your own eyes. Man, this situation sucks enough, but Monty closing his eyes to reality just doubles the suckage.

Sometimes I wonder if Saric has been healthy this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is QUESTIONABLE for game 4.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those interested, Flex will be on in a couple minutes with a podcast.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see Carter on Schroeder also but he's so shaky offensively I can't blame Monty for questioning the idea of putting him out there. If he's timid or off then he's less productive than injured CP3 offensively. Of course you don't know if you don't play him

hes not shaky compared to Paul in his current condition.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have been recovering Wednesday through Saturday

Should have been resting since the moment he realized he couldn't raise his arm - so, 2nd quarter on Tuesday. And most of us knew it, almost everyone not named Chris Paul and Monty Williams I guess.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

yeah that is total BS. You go off if he can make threes in practice and throw cross court passes.

he can’t and this is montys lame excuse that he is still going to play him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Carter is a lot like Crowder, IMO you have to use him similarly. When he's taking the shots he should and for as long as he's being covered on those shots (which means he's making some of them), you let him do his stuff. If they stop defending him or if he stops taking those shots, you go with Moore or Galloway to spell Payne and Booker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lf he can’t make 3’s he should not play. We can’t let him be an easy guy to leave open.

Agree. Paul has to be able to hit the 3 to keep the defense honest. Lakers can't be allowed to leave players open.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. Paul has to be able to hit the 3 to keep the defense honest. Lakers can't be allowed to leave players open.
Point being.. if we can't hit outside shots with any amount of consistency the remainder of the series its over against the Lakers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point being.. if we can't hit outside shots with any amount of consistency the remainder of the series its over against the Lakers.

Suns have to keep the defense honest by hitting 3s. The Suns won game 1 with Paul hobbled. They have to play their style of basketball whether that is with Paul or without.