Suns @ Jazz Friday game thread 11-18-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges drives gets fouled no call.

So much for the theory by some here that if the Suns would drive to the basket they would get fouls
Yes Jon. There’s definitely a conspiracy against the suns. Sheesh.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh was out shame no w in dbook big gm :(

Hope suns start a new winning streak

Suns missing cp3..... these kind of losses suck :( ugh

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have a horrible feeling this may be the season where Booker misses a lot of games. The suns are putting an incredible strain on him with no one to help alleviate his load. Though he’s playing well he’s having to play incredibly hard. There are no easy shots out there for book. I just have a bad feeling . . . sorry to put that out into the universe.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a horrible feeling this may be the season where Booker misses a lot of games. The suns are putting an incredible strain on him with no one to help alleviate his load. Though he’s playing well he’s having to play incredibly hard. There are no easy shots out there for book. I just have a bad feeling . . . sorry to put that out into the universe.

His usage rate is probably the highest it’s been the last three seasons. I didn’t bother to check but it looks that way without cp3 and ayton not providing anything.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn’t want to be one, he just wants to say he’s one.

He wants paid like one, that's it. He doesn't give a damn about earning that payday, he feels he has and a lot of people here backed that narrative also. Just because he was a #1 overall pick and one of the best Centers the Suns have ever had doesn't mean he's worth big money, it only highlights how bad the Suns have been at acquiring a Center over the last 50 years and also how they fumbled a #1 pick when true franchise players were on the board still in that draft.

Even putting aside the Luka stuff, Trae Young will play in more All-Star games than Ayton. I'll even bet Jaren Jackson Jr receives more career accolades than Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Monster?” God our standards for him have gotten so low.
Honest question, not trying to be an ass... did you watch the 2nd half of that game?

He had a very long stretch of very impressive play. Some rim running dunks, a few defensive stands where he alone shut down the Jazz and a couple outstanding kick outs to shooters after drawing defenders on the inside.

He's played like ass the last few weeks, especially in the 2nd half of games, but tonight he actually showed out. He played very well and more physical than normal... in the 2nd half.

Do I expect that to carry over? No... absolutely not. It's just more frustration, more "look how good you could be!". If he'd played like that all game we'd have won by 10.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team needs to figure out the Crowder situation and quickly. We miss his toughness and defensive tenacity. Over the last 5 games the Suns defense is giving up an average of 119.4. No matter how good our scoring ability is you can't sustain winning with giving up that many points. The run will be short if it continues.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You only said what we all worry about. Suns need to get healthy and strengthen needs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t ayton at his best when Paul was down last season? And how would that make Ayton rebound like a SF?

The Suns have to make it work if they hope to keep or trade him.

It's looking like giving Ayton even a 4-year max was the wrong move.

The fear he would coast after getting paid is looking real. This is a problem money doesn't fix. The same problem would exist if he were paid the super max.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honest question, not trying to be an ass... did you watch the 2nd half of that game?

He had a very long stretch of very impressive play. Some rim running dunks, a few defensive stands where he alone shut down the Jazz and a couple outstanding kick outs to shooters after drawing defenders on the inside.

He's played like ass the last few weeks, especially in the 2nd half of games, but tonight he actually showed out. He played very well and more physical than normal... in the 2nd half.

Do I expect that to carry over? No... absolutely not. It's just more frustration, more "look how good you could be!". If he'd played like that all game we'd have won by 10.
I did watch. His only dunks came when he was inexplicably alone at the rim. There weren’t many “rim running” which intimates he was going up with force amongst defenders. He had a couple fortuitous blocks of small guys standing flat-footed next to him. Otherwise he was a spinning clueless defender with layups dropping easily on him or players shooting over the top of him. And he’s damn lucky a couple of those threes by teammates dropped because he was freaking within one to two feet of the basket each time with no defender of consequence near him. Those were bad decisions bailed out by good skills by teammates.

But all that aside, his second half half was described as a “monster.” I’m sorry, his whole game stats of 17 and 10 would be a “monster half” for good players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns have to make it work if they hope to keep or trade him.

It's looking like giving Ayton even a 4-year max was the wrong move.

The fear he would coast after getting paid is looking real. This is a problem money doesn't fix. The same problem would exist if he were paid the super max.
While I don’t think they had much of a choice they should’ve started thinking of moving him when he uttered those fateful words “how do you keep motivated once you get that second contract?” When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don’t think they had much of a choice they should’ve started thinking of moving him when he uttered those fateful words “how do you keep motivated once you get that second contract?” When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

I think of lot of us, myself included, wanted to believe it was an immature statement on his part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr