Suns @ Hawks 2-23-19

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is looking good tonight with the trade for Tyler.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns makes every team play well. I wish Ayton would play closer to the rim.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ayton has played very well.

This team is just stupid, our wing players are bad playmakers especially Oubre.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Suns 87 - Hawks 86

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's because regardless of him being the #1 pick with historically great statistics, many people secretly don't like him. They see a terrible team and it is super easy to blame the rookie big man for everything. Because at 20 years old he has COMPLETE control over what he does on the court. Makes sense, right?

He has his issues, sure. But compare him to the last 30 years of ROOKIE big men, and what do you see? Top 5. But the team isn't winning, and he is the most significant "upgrade" the team made last summer, but for some reason we are worse. It's easy to make him the scapegoat.

And again, I'll be accused of being an Ayton apologist as if that equates to being a common criminal, but so what? The kid has A LOT of learning to do, but guess what? It's stuff he can LEARN. And if he has terrible teachers, how can we expect him to learn anything? Point is, he's well ahead of the curve, but a lot of people here are looking for instant gratification and aren't finding it. Never mind that outside of one player on the team, Ayton is head and shoulders above the rest. Literally.
Or it’s that the player development coach literally listed a bunch of stuff they are supposedly teaching him and it’s not showing up in games. Could be that too. Just a hunch.

And no one “secretly dislikes him” (that’s just kinda ridiculous on a sports board). Those that don’t like him have come out and said it. A lot of us are critical of his effort and his “dog” and I believe we’ve been proven right by his (in)actions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Trae Young doesn't come in the game and take it away, the Suns have a solid chance for the win.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or it’s that the player development coach literally listed a bunch of stuff they are supposedly teaching him and it’s not showing up in games. Could be that too. Just a hunch.

And no one “secretly dislikes him” (that’s just kinda ridiculous on a sports board). Those that don’t like him have come out and said it. A lot of us are critical of his effort and his “dog” and I believe we’ve been proven right by his (in)actions.

You can’t be a “dog” and put up those numbers for a rookie. It doesn’t work that way. It makes no sense lol.

Is he a perfect player? No

Are some guys here unrealistic about expectations? Yeah

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker and Ayton need to be in the game in the 4th

No way they take this timeout and don’t put both back in

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can’t be a “dog” and put up those numbers for a rookie. It doesn’t work that way. It makes no sense lol.

Is he a perfect player? No

Are some guys here unrealistic about expectations? Yeah

He wasn't calling him a dog, he was talking about his heart, his fight, his beast.

As for me, I still think he's having a good rookie year but he is not the dominant rookie we were hoping he'd be. And it appears to be a lack of will on his part.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wasn't calling him a dog, he was talking about his heart, his fight, his beast.

As for me, I still think he's having a good rookie year but he is not the dominant rookie we were hoping he'd be. And it appears to be a lack of will on his part.

Have you watched this team?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton with a man's rebound there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far Trae Young has not gone off like in their last meeting... still not feeling comfortable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are not counting the times you record them and watch them again.

Yeah I figured that would just make me look stupid. Team loyalty is great and all but repeat viewings of this team borders on insanity.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker may have found a new running mate in Johnson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured that would just make me look stupid. Team loyalty is great and all but repeat viewings of this team borders on insanity.

It's hard to catch everything in live action.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Igor with his first technical?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members