Suns @ Hawks 2-23-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have two games left on their road trip including the Hawks on Saturday and the Heat on Monday.

Since the Hawks (19-39) play Friday against Detroit, the Suns should be the fresher team. In their previous outing the Hawks lost to the Knicks 106-91 on Thursday.

The Suns (11-49) dropped their 16th straight game on Thursday to the Cavaliers 111-98.

Game time is scheduled for 5 p.m. Arizona time. It will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren will miss the Hawks game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Know what’s ridiculous? Atlanta is a terrible team. I mean 19-39 is atrocious! But we are still SO MUCH worse than them. How is this even possible?!? Ugh.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are hoping to change losing culture.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton plans to takeover. This would be great to see.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I saw this. I bet he comes out with a 12 and 8 performance. He's a lot of talk. If he had that in him yet, he would've done it already.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this. I bet he comes out with a 12 and 8 performance. He's a lot of talk. If he had that in him yet, he would've done it already.

A player should lead by action, not by talking as you point out. Show us and forget the talk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ronin

Am I the only one who gets irritated by pinned tweets.

I so dislike having to scan down for current tweets.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a talker! I wish he would shut his mouth and just go out and drop 30 points, grab 20 rebounds, and block five shots. That would be way more impressive than talking about taking over.

I do too but OTOH, maybe this bravado will force him to play up to his abiities? Not likely but I don't mind clutching at straws. Especially since I live in a state where you either have to bring your own straw with you or remember to ask the wait staff for one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this dude's mouth keeps cutting checks his game can't cash.

Tired of talk. Let's see it in action.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'll believe it when I see it. He has the talent but I don't think he has the personality or drive to do that right now. If he did then it would have happened before, as some have mentioned.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve honestly never seen this before. Even when he says something right it’s criticized here.

What I like about that coment is he’s saying I have them time to run that crappy offense and it sucks time for a change lol.

That tells me the players aren’t on the same page as Igor they know it’s not working

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’ve honestly never seen this before. Even when he says something right it’s criticized here.

What I like about that coment is he’s saying I have them time to run that crappy offense and it sucks time for a change lol.

That tells me the players aren’t on the same page as Igor they know it’s not working
That's because regardless of him being the #1 pick with historically great statistics, many people secretly don't like him. They see a terrible team and it is super easy to blame the rookie big man for everything. Because at 20 years old he has COMPLETE control over what he does on the court. Makes sense, right?

He has his issues, sure. But compare him to the last 30 years of ROOKIE big men, and what do you see? Top 5. But the team isn't winning, and he is the most significant "upgrade" the team made last summer, but for some reason we are worse. It's easy to make him the scapegoat.

And again, I'll be accused of being an Ayton apologist as if that equates to being a common criminal, but so what? The kid has A LOT of learning to do, but guess what? It's stuff he can LEARN. And if he has terrible teachers, how can we expect him to learn anything? Point is, he's well ahead of the curve, but a lot of people here are looking for instant gratification and aren't finding it. Never mind that outside of one player on the team, Ayton is head and shoulders above the rest. Literally.