Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garland has no business being this high.

Supposedly someone has promised Garland, perhaps the Lakers or the Suns. I think that's why he is projected to go this high. I've even read that Cleveland would even play him next to Sexton.

It's going to be a crazy draft with the possibility of lots of trades. I'm suspecting the Suns may want Hunter. They are not giving out clues so it's hard to know their thinking.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest on the Green Room invites.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I can see the intrigue with Doumbouya. Frankly, most of the guys being slotted in for the 6th pick are looking like role players, at best. I can understand swinging for the fences with someone who is more of a boom-or-bust unknown quantity.

Of course, taking Doumbouya and hoping he turns out to be Giannis is a bit like taking Dragan Bender and hoping he turns out to be Dirk Nowitzki... and we all know how that worked out.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Worst thing that ever happened to Bender is getting drafted where he did. Bender gets drafted late in the second round, and we are all talking about how this guy is growing as a big man. How young he is still. Maybe even how we need to resign him. Another problem for Bender, is he was scouted as a 7 footer who could hit the 3 with questionable defense. What we got was a 7 footer who could guard the 3-5 spots, and had difficulty being consistent on the three. In fact, a really bad scoring slump all but had fans booing him. I don't think he was ever able to recover from those initial expectations of being that 7 foot three point shooter, and his high draft spot.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Man, more misses and trades than hits! Not a good record! :( Andrew Harrison???

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Jon Leuer was a decent player. Harrison never made it in the NBA. So that was better than it looked.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 2 guys I like most are Bol & Jerome. I think both will rise up draft boards in the next couple of weeks. If ARZ had 2 picks in the teens then both could be had and would be great value. Bol’s health issues make him a huge gamble at #6 but he would provide the spacing that would compliment Ayton and the shot blocking we covet. Jerome I feel would be our starting PGOTF.

I think Bol is going to drop like a rock. I can see him going late first.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Supposedly someone has promised Garland, perhaps the Lakers or the Suns. I think that's why he is projected to go this high. I've even read that Cleveland would even play him next to Sexton.

It's going to be a crazy draft with the possibility of lots of trades. I'm suspecting the Suns may want Hunter. They are not giving out clues so it's hard to know their thinking.

Hunter is the one name that I haven't heard tied to the Suns. That could mean either extreme interest or no interest at all, depending on how they are playing this.

I am very nervous that we are this close to the draft, and the only draftable players the Suns have brought in for a workout (or for whom the Suns have attended a workout) are Culver, Clarke and Grant Williams, and that there do not appear to be any plans for any further workouts. I fear that the Suns are dead set on one of my two worst-case scenarios at 6 (Culver and Clarke).

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hunter is the one name that I haven't heard tied to the Suns. That could mean either extreme interest or no interest at all, depending on how they are playing this.

I am very nervous that we are this close to the draft, and the only draftable players the Suns have brought in for a workout (or for whom the Suns have attended a workout) are Culver, Clarke and Grant Williams, and that there do not appear to be any plans for any further workouts. I fear that the Suns are dead set on one of my two worst-case scenarios at 6 (Culver and Clarke).
Or, having watched the Chargers my whole life, there was a stretch of time that almost no one they brought in for a visit did they ever draft. It got to be a big joke with us fans that we knew who they were NOT picking. With JJ being on his own with a new coach, and vice president, who knows? This year it's wide open. We started the draft season with the rumor Suns would not keep the 6th pick, we would use the 6th pick on a vet PG, then we would NOT use the 6th pick on a vet PG, to who knows now? One day its Culver, the next day we are taking White, and I even have seen Hunter associated with us. This is the first draft of the Suns where even when the pundits were wrong, we usually entered the draft with a "solid" rumor of who the Suns were picking. This year it seems no one really knows. Part of this is starting at the 4 spot anything can happen in this draft.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

I am quite certain that we have worked out more players than that. The only reason we know about Clarke working out for us is because he posted an Instagram picture. If he hadn’t posted that picture we wouldn’t of known about him working out either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns have kept it quiet.

I'm thinking they have worked out or previously scouted a lot of prospects we do not know about for #6. If some of the players don't leak it, we do not know. Also the Suns might be looking at trade down options as well. There is good reason not to let other teams now your plans so they cannot snatch up a player ahead of them.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am quite certain that we have worked out more players than that. The only reason we know about Clarke working out for us is because he posted an Instagram picture. If he hadn’t posted that picture we wouldn’t of known about him working out either.

We have worked out a bunch of other players, but none of them are really considered even a top 100 prospect.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
We have worked out a bunch of other players, but none of them are really considered even a top 100 prospect.
I am saying that the Suns have most likely worked out prospects that they are considering at #6, they just didn’t publicize it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bol Bol received the final invitation to the Green Room. Here is the final list.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am saying that the Suns have most likely worked out prospects that they are considering at #6, they just didn’t publicize it.

They have supposedly worked out white as well.

They are intentionally keeping the workouts quiet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have supposedly worked out white as well.

They are intentionally keeping the workouts quiet.

Yeah like most teams do when they are picking fairly high in the draft. If there's a player you think you really want it makes no sense to broadcast that to all the other organizations.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless you have #1 or #2, then you don't talk about who you're taking. We weren't even that vocal about drafting Ayton last year. It looked like that was the direction we were going but there was just enough done to cast doubt.

If you make your selection to obvious then other teams are able to use that against you. In addition to that the Suns have shopped the pick also, I don't care what Gambo says about that. It can't even be ruled out unless they tried to gauge the market and realized it was weak.

This isn't last year though, we're not picking #1 and there is no obvious selection. It's in the teams best interest right now to keep their top choice under wraps.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, here are some of the players the Suns have interest.

Duane Rankin‏ @DuaneRankin

2. League sources told me #Suns are eyeing forwards De'Andre Hunter, Jarrett Culver, Cam Reddish.

Of 3, Hunter is considered the one to go 1st.

Zion, Ja, RJ 1-2-3. If Suns think Cavs may draft Hunter at 5, they may have #Lakers draft Hunter, they take Darius Garland and trade.

7:17 AM - 15 Jun 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the above scenario, Suns may need that goodwill James Jones hopefully created in waiving Tyson Chandler so he could join the Lakers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

2. League sources told me #Suns are eyeing forwards De'Andre Hunter, Jarrett Culver, Cam Reddish.

Zion, Ja, RJ 1-2-3. If Suns think Cavs may draft Hunter at 5, they may have #Lakers draft Hunter, they take Darius Garland and trade.

At this point I am praying this is true, anyone but coby white.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I would be thrilled if this were true...unless Hunter ends up with the Cavs, and the Suns end up with Culver. I would prefer Reddish over Culver.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I am praying this is true, anyone but coby white.

I'm not down on White. I just can't get excited about him either. Drafting Hunter would be solid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be thrilled if this were true...unless Hunter ends up with the Cavs, and the Suns end up with Culver. I would prefer Reddish over Culver.

Let's hope Hunter is available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard