Suns @ Grizzlies Monday game thread 1-16-2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How many games have suns been trailing by 20+ at some point this season? It’s an extraordinary amount. More than I can recall even when we were dreadful for a decade.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea a change needs to be made this team is miserable right now and might not even make poffs now.. what a joke

Ugh always a fan but just sad now

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Se
Do something James Jones! If you want to trade Ayton do it his absolute lack of heart is apparent dude has checked out on the Suns! Just piss poor effort 95% of the time from him anymore. This team needs a talent injection and one that has no history of injuries!
Send cp3 with em suns need to get younger talent at pg

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2 page game thread aren’t we so excited to watch this team play now? Even the fans are tuning out they had better do something before it’s too late!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish the media would have balls enough to ask some questions to Ayton or Monte like “How is your 7’ center playing 30 minutes but only getting 5 rebounds, does that speak to putting in full effort?”

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish the media would have balls enough to ask some questions to Ayton or Monte like “How is your 7’ center playing 30 minutes but only getting 5 rebounds, does that speak to putting in full effort?”

I don’t have any references to articles but Monty said he doesn’t want to center the game around Ayton. I know this isn’t directly related to your comments but sounds like Monty isn’t too high on Ayton. They have asked him some direct comments about the team but he does his side step action.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any references to articles but Monty said he doesn’t want to center the game around Ayton. I know this isn’t directly related to your comments but sounds like Monty isn’t too high on Ayton. They have asked him some direct comments about the team but he does his side step action.

I don't blame him. You don't make Ayton the focal point of the offense when you don't know which version will show up each night. You definitely don't reward someone who plays like he did tonight by giving him a bigger role. What message does that send to his teammates? If Ayton wants to be the focal point of the offense then he needs to demand it. Show some fire and heart and play with passion. Then if he doesn't get rewarded for it then lets talk about changes in coaching and personnel.

But yeah, lets blame Monty for not making changes because Ayton definitely deserves to be featured more. I mean, look at his fire out there. Dude won't even demand the ball from a G-League like Washington. He's happy deferring to a two-way player even though he's a max contract player that was selected #1 overall.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Ayton with a stellar 5 boards geesh he should be benched for a game or two just for stupid crap like that…
The whole Suns front line of Ayton, Saric, and Craig totaled 13 boards. Shameful.

Are we headed for a chance at the 7'4" do everything W man in the upcoming draft? Probably not. I didn't have a source to spell his name at the moment but you who I'm talking about.
Changes Please.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The whole Suns front line of Ayton, Saric, and Craig totaled 13 boards. Shameful.

Are we headed for a chance at the 7'4" do everything W man in the upcoming draft? Probably not. I didn't have a source to spell his name at the moment but you who I'm talking about.
Changes Please.
Also, I hear there's a second player behind Webanyama (SP) that's a franchise player, too. So tanking with two good prospects sounds not as risky to me.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Changes Please.

Yes.

But with our luck, he'll get injured in pre-season for the year.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes.

But with our luck, he'll get injured in pre-season for the year.
The history of the Suns has to change. We know the Suns have had some bad luck but they brought a lot on themselves. Maybe with New owners and hopefully new direction we can have some changes.
Ayton could have helped in that change but he elected to go for his own selfish route and get the big money contract without making the sacrifices to win. He doesn’t have Luka's or Ja Morant's type of desire or consistency. I really don't care if he gets traded now if we get a decent return. Big If though.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The history of the Suns has to change. We know the Suns have had some bad luck but they brought a lot on themselves. Maybe with New owners and hopefully new direction we can have some changes.
Ayton could have helped in that change but he elected to go for his own selfish route and get the big money contract without making the sacrifices to win. He doesn’t have Luka's or Ja Morant's type of desire or consistency. I really don't care if he gets traded now if we get a decent return. Big If though.
You make it sound like he's making the effort to not be a good player. Except that he is a good player, it's the organization's fault for thinking he was more than just a good player and deserving of the #1 pick. Some players have the desire, some don't. And most of the time, it's not some diabolical ploy by the player to screw over his employers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose