Suns @ Grizzlies Monday game thread 1-16-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finish their four game road trip at the Grizzlies on Monday.

Afterwards they return home for five games.

Suns are now 21-23 after their loss to the Timberwolves. Grizzlies are 28-13. They play at Indiana on Saturday.

When: Monday, January 16th

Television: TNT, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: ESPN 620 / S: KSUN

Time: 4 pm Arizona Time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp how bad Is this suns massacre loss going to be..... not looking forward to this 1

Wishing for a competitive gm atleast

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm thinking CP3 plays and gets reinjured. Just praying for ownership change to be completed soon...

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do something James Jones! If you want to trade Ayton do it his absolute lack of heart is apparent dude has checked out on the Suns! Just piss poor effort 95% of the time from him anymore. This team needs a talent injection and one that has no history of injuries!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
[sigh] Any better-than-average center with unrealized potential can hold the Suns hostage; indeed Ayton already did. Told them with his actions last summer, 'I don't care if I've earned it, gimme mo' money or I walk." If only they hadn't been dumb enough to trade Jalen Smith.

The franchise waited fifty years for a homegrown center even as good as he is. If it dumps him, it might wait another fifty years for the next ones
Playing the way he is, a good starting PF to pair with Booker would be much more valuable than Ayton at this point. Dude plays like a wimp and is so up and down he’s entirely unreliable. We need another number 2 to pair with Booker since Paul has fallen off. Paul can move to 3 not sure Ayton would even be your 4th scorer at this point as Brodges is more consistent and plays harder than Ayton every night! You don’t keep a player just to do it, if trading Ayton can land you a legit number 2 scorer you do it period!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Playing the way he is, a good starting PF to pair with Booker would be much more valuable than Ayton at this point. Dude plays like a wimp and is so up and down he’s entirely unreliable. We need another number 2 to pair with Booker since Paul has fallen off. Paul can move to 3 not sure Ayton would even be your 4th scorer at this point as Brodges is more consistent and plays harder than Ayton every night! You don’t keep a player just to do it, if trading Ayton can land you a legit number 2 scorer you do it period!
This just isn’t correct.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This just isn’t correct.
Which part? I’m not saying FG Percentage or some crap like that. I mean Bridges plays all out consistently yeah he can have off shooting night but you’re never EVER questioning his heart! DA is gutless dude just walks the damn floor half the time if he would just run the damn floor and rebound and hustle all the time he would be twice the player he is now, but he doesn’t have the Heart, desire what’s er you want to call it. He should be easily leading this team right now every night in scoring but he’s just a lazy goofball I’m done with his half ass efforts ship him out and get someone who has some fight in em…

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which part? I’m not saying FG Percentage or some crap like that. I mean Bridges plays all out consistently yeah he can have off shooting night but you’re never EVER questioning his heart! DA is gutless dude just walks the damn floor half the time if he would just run the damn floor and rebound and hustle all the time he would be twice the player he is now, but he doesn’t have the Heart, desire what’s er you want to call it. He should be easily leading this team right now every night in scoring but he’s just a lazy goofball I’m done with his half ass efforts ship him out and get someone who has some fight in em…
The phrase I bolded was about scoring me consistency. And no, bridges wouldn’t knock Ayton down to 4th due to his scoring consistency. Bridges is one of our least consistent scorers amongst our top players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't mean I actively want to trade Ayton at this time. I mean that I acknowledge Ayton's unreliability, but also acknowledge that I don't know what to do with him.

I also acknowledge that the Suns were jaw-droppingly stupid to not draft Doncic instead. Drafting Ayton over Doncic had to have been a result of the Phoenix Suns franchise's inferiority complex over its historical inability to draft better-than-average centers. (Except Alvan Adams. All due respect, sir.)
It wasn’t so obvious at the time. I mean the kings drafted bagley over doncic and the hawks traded doncic away. So three teams didn’t project him correctly. The center inferiority complex was likely also at play, as was the fact that sarver could nab a seemingly great UofA (his alma mater) player. Even those of us who liked doncic (I was one hoping to find a way to grab both) leaned Ayton.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm calling it now, Ayton going to have a huge game against Adams, Jackson Jr and the other 7 bigs the Grizz have. Yes they have 9 bigs, no problem for are stud 1 pick
:sarcasm:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know the wisdom was we couldn't let Ayton walk for nothing. But what if we did? That's a lot of money available for signings.....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton’s shot is falling, but he’s doing nothing else.

Weird that Washington isn’t playing.

Charles saying they don’t like or trust each other anymore at halftime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose