Suns get Reggie Bullock in three team trade

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So today we were part of a three team trade involving the Celtics and Clippers. We got Reggie Bullock. The Celtics got Shavlik Randolph, Chris Douglas-Roberts, and a Clippers second round pick. The Clippers got Austin Rivers (Doc's son).

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/2015/01/15/suns-trade-acquires-reggie-bullock/21820439/

Thoughts?

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize it was being discussed in a different thread.

That's fine, I think it deserves its own thread since the other one simply too large and more for rumors and such than stuff that actually happens.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to watch the Clippers regularly but I hate this current squad so I don't know anything about Bullock in the NBA. I remember him from UNC and I remember being a little surprised he lasted as long as he did in the draft but I have no idea why he was available so cheaply (other than Doc wanting to rescue his son's career). The college player I remember was almost NBA ready with a ceiling similar to that of Dudley's (Jared not Chris or Do-Right). So, for the more informed, was it just injuries that kept him from the rotation?

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I used to watch the Clippers regularly but I hate this current squad so I don't know anything about Bullock in the NBA. I remember him from UNC and I remember being a little surprised he lasted as long as he did in the draft but I have no idea why he was available so cheaply (other than Doc wanting to rescue his son's career). The college player I remember was almost NBA ready with a ceiling similar to that of Dudley's (Jared not Chris or Do-Right). So, for the more informed, was it just injuries that kept him from the rotation?

Steve

From what I've seen from Clippers fans on their message boards, most of them were upset that Bullock was traded because they didn't feel like he got enough opportunities. However, many of them did point out that even when Doc did give him minutes, Bullock was hesitant and played scared.

So I guess kinda like how Earl Clark was for us.

Who knows though, this guy hasn't gotten enough minutes for anyone to really know.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen from Clippers fans on their message boards, most of them were upset that Bullock was traded because they didn't feel like he got enough opportunities. However, many of them did point out that even when Doc did give him minutes, Bullock was hesitant and played scared.

So I guess kinda like how Earl Clark was for us.

Who knows though, this guy hasn't gotten enough minutes for anyone to really know.

I wouldn't have said any of that about Clark. Earl had a lot of physical gifts but his biggest on court failing was his inability to tell the difference between a good shot and a horrible one. Let's hope that a catch and shoot guy like Bullock has better judgement than Earl.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Either way, sounds like he's better than Shavlik Randolph, so that makes it a good trade in my book. Youth, better than the player we lost and virtually no difference in our cap number? That's a win across the board.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats what I see here. Its just a chance to upgrade the bottom end of the roster. Wright pushes Shavlik down the rotation, and Bullock is better than Shavlik. So he made the deal.

As I watch tape, sure looks to me like Archie is still a better player.

Fans in Boston love Shavlik. So its a good thing for him to go back there.

OP
OP
scXfreakX

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
My only issue with the trade is wondering why we are trading a big for another guard? Seems to me like we have all the guards we need (and more), and that we really don't have an expendable amount of front court players to begin with. I just hope that with Plumlee wanting out, we can somehow not lose any more bigs in the process.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only issue with the trade is wondering why we are trading a big for another guard? Seems to me like we have all the guards we need (and more), and that we really don't have an expendable amount of front court players to begin with. I just hope that with Plumlee wanting out, we can somehow not lose any more bigs in the process.

Agreed. Although I wonder if the reason they did this is because they are planning on moving one of it's guards further up in the rotation and they will need one to fill that spot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson