Suns @ Clippers Wednesday WCF game thread 6-30-2021 - Game 6

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is the first time I feel we can win in the NBA Finals! We played Boston, who were nails in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Then we played Chicago with MJ. Now I feel we have a legit shot to win this thing!!!!!:thumbup:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey @pokerface. Last nights game is EXACTLY what I was talking about. This Suns team is 100% different when Crowder and Bridges are scoring. Statistically the Suns go how they go in this playoffs. Crowder needed to shoot himself out of his slump and it came at the right time. Bridges needed to get involved again and he did. Now lets hope Crowder doesn't go cold again in the finals and lets finish this thing!
Yeah it was exactly what I was talking about as well. Crowder is streaky and shot us in the game instead of out. But like I said too if other players are hitting their shots (CP3) then it's not really a factor. Crowder played great though!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whats the trend on Crowder? Maybe we needs to play some pick up games with him before the game to get out of slumps lol.

yea we need Bridges and Crowder to have good games. It does seem every game they put up around 15 points a piece the team wins.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was exactly what I was talking about as well. Crowder is streaky and shot us in the game instead of out. But like I said too if other players are hitting their shots (CP3) then it's not really a factor. Crowder played great though!
Right but you can't ask him to stop shooting as you suggested because he might shoot us out of a game. The Suns record simply shows that the team goes how Bridges and Crowder play regardless if we like it or not. It's how the team is built. You have to let them shoot out of slumps if you want to win. You put your eggs in that basket now we have to ride it out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 5 Ayton got 9 shots in 36 minutes. Boogie got 12 shots in 11 minutes. Ayton should be getting at least 12-15 shots a game. When you have a player shooting 80% that trumps all other shots on the floor including 3 point shooters. And since Ayton's shot-making inside will create gravity toward the middle, outside shots will open up.

I'm not disagreeing but sometimes the offense flows through different players. That's the beauty of this team. Deandre played a huge role last night with his rebounding and defense. He also scored when called upon. He is always a threat to score which commands the attention of the opponent's defense.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 5 Ayton got 9 shots in 36 minutes. Boogie got 12 shots in 11 minutes. Ayton should be getting at least 12-15 shots a game. When you have a player shooting 80% that trumps all other shots on the floor including 3 point shooters. And since Ayton's shot-making inside will create gravity toward the middle, outside shots will open up.

Keep in mind though he currently isn't a throw the ball down to him and run your offense through him type guy. He is a guy who feeds off our guards. His play is going to be tied to our guards dribble pentation until he develops a back to the basket game. The night where he didn't play well? There was very little dribble p.e.n.e.t.r.a.t.i.o.n. I think you still need to try and throw it to him for easy buckets but that part of his game he needs to work on.

P.S. This bad word filter on this site is out of control. LOL.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right but you can't ask him to stop shooting as you suggested because he might shoot us out of a game. The Suns record simply shows that the team goes how Bridges and Crowder play regardless if we like it or not. It's how the team is built. You have to let them shoot out of slumps if you want to win. You put your eggs in that basket now we have to ride it out.
No the coach can do what he wants. He plays the hot hand whatever player that is. If a player is cold then adjustments are made. If he can bench CP3 for a spell then no player is off limits. If the game is close and Crowder is cold then you don't keep going with that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No the coach can do what he wants. He plays the hot hand whatever player that is. If a player is cold then adjustments are made. If he can bench CP3 for a spell then no player is off limits. If the game is close and Crowder is cold then you don't keep going with that.

Huh? The coach can do what he wants but notice the coach did exactly what the stats support. Game to game you let Crowder and Bridges play through the struggles verses not letting them play their game and when they do you win. During the game Monty did just that. He rotated out players for Bridges and Crowder and in almost all the games they lost it didn't help. The team wins when those two guys play well. Period. Monty knows it. You don't go into the next game after struggling and tell Crowder to stop shooting 3's. Had he done that we don't win last night.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Huh? The coach can do what he wants but notice the coach did exactly what the stats support. You let Crowder and Bridges play through the struggles and when they do you win. During the game Monty did just that. He rotated out players for Bridges and Crowder and in almost all the games they lost it didn't help. The team wins when those two guys play well. Period. Monty knows it.
Well that's obvious isn't it? Of course the team does well when they do good. But when players are streaky best to recognize that. Coach can tell any player anything he wants to get the best out of the player and out of the game.

Wow I thought this was common knowledge...lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's obvious isn't it? Of course the team does well when they do good. But when players are streaky best to recognize that. Coach can tell any player anything he wants to get the best out of the player and out of the game.

Wow I thought this was common knowledge...lol
Still not making sense. You suggested that the coach tell Crowder not to shoot 3's going into the next game. That's really bad advice. That was obvious last night and throughout the playoffs. LOL. Dude...I am not saying that's how I want it to be..living or dying by those two. I am saying that's how it is so far these playoffs.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still not making sense. You suggested that the coach tell Crowder not to shoot 3's going into the next game. That's really bad advice. That was obvious last night and throughout the playoffs. LOL. Dude...I am not saying that's how I want it to be..living or dying by those two. I am saying that's how it is so far these playoffs.
I suggested when Crowder is on a 1-6 or 0-4 or 0-3 night and the game is tight he can say "Hey let's play inside now"...Monty can word it how he wants but it's still the same result. Ease of up on the three if it isn't working. He doesn't have to stick with Crowder or any player. Monty has to go with his instincts and what's working...or go against what isn't. I never said going into a fresh game that Crowder should be told not to shoot the three. Never said that. I just implied don't stick with that if it isn't working.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggested when Crowder is on a 1-6 or 0-4 or 0-3 night and the game is tight he can say "Hey let's play inside now"...Monty can word it how he wants but it's still the same result. Ease of up on the three if it isn't working. He doesn't have to stick with Crowder or any player. Monty has to go with his instincts and what's working...or go against what isn't. I never said going into a fresh game that Crowder should be told not to shoot the three. Never said that. I just implied don't stick with that if it isn't working.
Some of your comments were not about during the game......

"He doesn't have some green light from there."
"He can work his way out of his slump in the off-season."
"Crowder needs to stop shooting threes." with "He's only had one game shooting a good percentage from the the arc"

Suggesting during a game is a different beast for sure. Suggesting you don't take them is something entirely different. The Suns knew Crowder was streaky when they signed him to be the starting PF. Crowder sometimes does take stupid 3's. We can both agree on that. Heck the entire team including Booker does. It drives me nuts when they could work for a good shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

"Crowder needs to stop shooting threes." with "He's only had one game shooting a good percentage from the the arc"

Suggesting during a game is a different beast for sure. Suggesting you don't take them is something entirely different. The Suns knew Crowder was streaky when they signed him to be the starting PF. Crowder sometimes does take stupid 3's. We can both agree on that. Heck the entire team including Booker does. It drives me nuts when they could work for a good shot.
I have to admit, I read your comments the same way pokerface.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Just seems to me it's silly when you have a team full of shooters and Crowder is having a cold night that the ball is ending up in his hands so often in last second situations. Like if he's cold dont why it's not in Booker's, Paul's, Bridges control more. Maybe it was just seeming that way.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just seems to me it's silly when you have a team full of shooters and Crowder is having a cold night that the ball is ending up in his hands so often in last second situations. Like if he's cold dont why it's not in Booker's, Paul's, Bridges control more. Maybe it was just seeming that way.
I think Monty honestly tried and to some extent Johnson tried to fill that roll but he is liability in other ways on the floor. You need Crowder's size and toughness against the Clippers. Dario for the most part was a liability in this series. Bridges? I have no clue why until last night he seemingly forgot to cut to the basket.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think that was by design it just happened. And you can’t blame crowder from shooting in those situations, he has to.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Monty honestly tried and to some extent Johnson tried to fill that roll but he is liability in other ways on the floor. You need Crowder's size and toughness against the Clippers. Dario for the most part was a liability in this series. Bridges? I have no clue why until last night he seemingly forgot to cut to the basket.
Crowder does fill the toughness role and that was so needed against the Clippers. Plus he did shoot lights out so I guess Crowder stays on the floor...lol.

Yeah Dario....pfft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone still recovering from Game 6?

I didn't sleep much Wednesday night after the Game 6 win over the Clippers. Finally got some extra sleep last night but still feel a bit tired. I didn't realize how much energy I expended during the game and post game celebration.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I didn't sleep much Wednesday night after the Game 6 win over the Clippers. Finally got some extra sleep last night but still feel a bit tired. I didn't realize how much energy I expended during the game and post game celebration.
For me it was just a huge relief. I was noticeably nervous pretty much all day Wednesday and even more so during the game.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was such a huge relief for me getting this Clipper series closed that I slept like a baby. The prior night? Slept maybe 4 hours.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was such a huge relief for me getting this Clipper series closed that I slept like a baby. The prior night? Slept maybe 4 hours.

same. Yesterday, I did zero writing and just basked in the afterglow, reading every article I could and even drove around probably for a solid two hours just listening to sports radio here in Phoenix.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
same. Yesterday, I did zero writing and just basked in the afterglow, reading every article I could and even drove around probably for a solid two hours just listening to sports radio here in Phoenix.
Same. You and I have been fans long enough to know nothing is guaranteed. Not even getting this far. I soaked up every article, watched a ton of videos and just listened while "working". I spent the last day and half catching up on project reviews, tech audits and catching up on work email. Much easier to focus now we are moving on.

Reflecting....I was a few years removed from High School last time the Suns were here. A dumb kid not sure what to do with my life. Now I am an executive at a Fortune 40 company. It's felt like a lifetime since the last. I surely hope it's not another 30 and I am close to pushing daisies by the time we return. I am going to enjoy this moment and this run for every minute it lasts because who knows.

Need to appreciate this. This is our year!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose