OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ronin

I hope all those fans greeting the Suns were wearing facemasks... er... What?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul has faced adversity but scores 41 points in Suns win over Clippers to clinch Finals appearance.

By Dave McMenamin ESPN Staff Writer:

"There were questions about his production before tonight, and in my heart I felt like it was a matter of time," Suns coach Monty Williams said of Paul after the game. "I didn't know it was going to be like that, but that's who Chris is. He was tired and he was still making those kinds of plays -- getting to the basket, the 3s, orchestrating everything."

Paul, fighting back tears during the postgame trophy presentation ceremony at center court, revealed that he received an MRI prior to Game 6 that revealed partially torn ligaments in his right hand. This after playing through a nerve issue in his shoulder during the first round and later contracting COVID-19 in between the second round and conference finals.

"****, man, I experienced COVID. Just a week ago, I was here [in L.A. while quarantining] at home. Couldn't be there with my teammates," Paul said. "It's been a lot, and I want it not just for myself but for everybody in that locker room."

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very much enjoyed the CP show last night. I wasn't comfortable at all after 2 quarters, but man did they turn it up in the latter part of the 3rd. That was a sight to see! Welcome to the dance, Suns fans!!!!!!! :thewave:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team still has not learned that it need a to get Ayton more shots. 80% shooting last night. They almost ignored him in game 5. When you have a player scoring at that efficiency you feed him, it will also open everything up for everyone else.

we Re in the finals but we can play a lot better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team still has not learned that it need a to get Ayton more shots. 80% shooting last night. They almost ignored him in game 5. When you have a player scoring at that efficiency you feed him, it will also open everything up for everyone else.

we Re in the finals but we can play a lot better.

Yeah, but the Suns were not missing many shots last night hitting 56.4% from the field and 54.8% from 3-point range.

Chris Paul was clutch down the stretch.

Reaction score
Dunno. Kind of like that about Ayton. He only took one bad shot, doesn't force the game, lets it come to him.

Areas to improve:
*Bridges still can shoot better from the outside.
*Still give up too many offensive rebounds.
*I think at times they can run that damn pick and roll every single time until the other team stops them. Need to put in a call to John Stockton & Karl Malone on this.
Run it, run it, run it. They can't stop both Ayton and either Paul or Booker or Payne.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @pokerface. Last nights game is EXACTLY what I was talking about. This Suns team is 100% different when Crowder and Bridges are scoring. Statistically the Suns go how they go in this playoffs. Crowder needed to shoot himself out of his slump and it came at the right time. Bridges needed to get involved again and he did. Now lets hope Crowder doesn't go cold again in the finals and lets finish this thing!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, but the Suns were not missing many shots last night hitting 56.4% from the field and 54.8% from 3-point range.

Chris Paul was clutch down the stretch.
Game 5 Ayton got 9 shots in 36 minutes. Boogie got 12 shots in 11 minutes. Ayton should be getting at least 12-15 shots a game. When you have a player shooting 80% that trumps all other shots on the floor including 3 point shooters. And since Ayton's shot-making inside will create gravity toward the middle, outside shots will open up.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Game 5 Ayton got 9 shots in 36 minutes. Boogie got 12 shots in 11 minutes. Ayton should be getting at least 12-15 shots a game. When you have a player shooting 80% that trumps all other shots on the floor including 3 point shooters. And since Ayton's shot-making inside will create gravity toward the middle, outside shots will open up.
I don't think anyone is arguing that Ayton shouldn't get more shots, but that in this game when 55% of threes are falling it isn't needed so much.

Also 55% from 3 is oddly enough more efficient than 80% from 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson