Suns @ Clippers Wednesday WCF game thread 6-30-2021 - Game 6

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's next game up.

Suns travel to Los Angeles to play the Clippers in Game 6 on Wednesday.

After losing on Monday the Suns still lead the series 3-2.

If there should be a Game 7 it's in Phoenix on Friday.

The game will again be televised on ESPN.

Start time is listed at 6 p.m. Arizona time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we get blown out and the board meltdowns in a fashion not seen since the DA days.

then we win in 7 and there will be much rejoicing.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we close it out, guys show up and play a good complete game and the Clips don’t shoot lights out again. Book loves to play in a hostile environment like the Lakers close out game, and Paul and some shooters will finally show up. Hopefully they are ready and realize you don’t want to go to 7 if you don’t have too…

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
My only prediction is that we will have a pretty good idea how things are going to go for not just Game 6, but the rest of the series, very early on....

If the Suns come out like they did at the start of Game 4 = good.

If they come out looking like they did at start of tonight's game = bad... very bad.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe being in front of a hostel environment will bring back some focus?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I hate saying it, but I think the Clippers have the Suns figured out...and they are gonna win 6 and 7. They are playing like a disciplined team...meaning they are [emoji817] playing within their offense and defense, with very little freelancing. The Suns have gotten away from everyone knowing and embracing their role on the team.

Oh, and Paul George is anything but cooked or tired. We can put those comments from just a few days ago to rest now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll say this, unless Monty adjusts HIMSELF, we’re probably screwed. He’s gotten away with his belabored timeouts a lot this season, but this Clipper team can’t be allowed to snowball their energy the way he lets them, sitting on his hands for entirely too long when everyone can FEEL their momentum coming.

Lue is EXCELLENT at this. Right out of the half, we scored two quick buckets... he immediately calls timeout. Gets them refocussed.

also, what in the fracking world was that lineup where it was Book at pure point without Payne OR Paul? I think that lineup was put together right after we cut the lead down to 6 again and we had three or four straight ugly possessions in a row.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
We as fans were overly confident in Game 5 and so were the Suns. Game 6 will be a different beast. We fans know we have a fight on our hands and now our players do too. I think we’ll like what we see on Wednesday.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll say this, unless Monty adjusts HIMSELF, we’re probably screwed. He’s gotten away with his belabored timeouts a lot this season, but this Clipper team can’t be allowed to snowball their energy the way he lets them, sitting on his hands for entirely too long when everyone can FEEL their momentum coming.

Lue is EXCELLENT at this. Right out of the half, we scored two quick buckets... he immediately calls timeout. Gets them refocussed.

also, what in the fracking world was that lineup where it was Book at pure point without Payne OR Paul? I think that lineup was put together right after we cut the lead down to 6 again and we had three or four straight ugly possessions in a row.

Lue is 10-2 in elimination games. UNREAL. That's too many games to call a fluke. Lue is a damn good coach. He is simply embarrassing Monty at this point. This game better be a 15 to 20 point win because if it comes down to the final possessions again? Our luck is going to turn out and here comes game 7.

PLAY WITH SOME DAMN PRIDE Suns.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think we get blown out and the board meltdowns in a fashion not seen since the DA days.

then we win in 7 and there will be much rejoicing.

I think the Suns play well in Game 6 and lose by 4. Then lose game 7 by 30.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An absolute must we hit our 3s there going to keep playing zone crashing the paint and daring us to hit them.

I’m so impressed with Lue I thought he was a Lebron stuge but man he can coach he’s embarrassing Monty

I don’t want to see Nadar ahead of Craig at all if that happens then Monty has learned nothing

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

Yes, I am on board with this. line up was weird. I felt like Monty should have done the opposite. Instead of taking out Paul and Payne, insuring Booker ball, Monty should have instructed everyone, including Booker to get the ball to Ayton.

I feel good about the series but if they don't adjust they are going to be eliminated.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am really worried the the Clippers broke the Suns last night. I hope I am wrong, but I am not feeling optimistic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the Suns came out not ready to play is beyond me.

The .5 offense was not there from the beginning of the game and the defense allowed 58 points in the paint.

Suns can't win games playing this way much less a closeout game.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If anyone wants to know my confidence, I just put down $100 for the Clippers to win the series.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
NBA Playoffs are very similar to bigtime boxing matches. We had the Clippers on the ropes and we let them off. If the games are like rounds, the Suns have won 3 very, very close 10-9 rounds. The Clippers have now won two very dominant 10-8 (maybe even 10-7) rounds. So as I see it, after 5 rounds, the Clippers have a 47 to 46 lead in points heading into the 6th round.
Games 6 & 7 are the championship rounds of a fight. And just like all great fighters, the Clippers have been masterful at dragging the Suns into the deep, uncharted waters where, typically, only grizzled, seasoned veterans know how to perform. Young upstarts like the Suns, IF they even reach these deep waters, typically drown a few times before learning how to compete and win in these moments.

So, my prediction is... If the Suns can't score a dramatic knockout tomorrow night, the final and decisive round (Game 7), will prove to be the final straw, where the Clippers will fully expose the inexperience of the young turk Suns and likely score a very ugly and decisive knockout, leaving the Suns laid-out on the canvas, bloodied and bruised and wondering how it all went wrong.

The danger here is that the young guys lose trust in CP3. It would be one thing if Paul were playing great and the young guys simply couldn't step up to the challenge (which would be the expected outcome). But to have their leader blow a gasket and leak oil all over the court...it's disturbing. If he can convince the team that his poor play is solely due to his bout with Covid, that could save his image and retain the trust he has so well-earned from the team all season long. It will be interesting to see how that plays out for sure.

In the end, none of us ever could've imagined a season like the one this team has gifted us this year. It's been a helluva, unforgettable ride. But, unless the Suns find a way to pin the bully up against the ropes and pummel him until he finally succumbs to exhaustion tomorrow night, I believe the ride is effectively over. And while I will be filled with immense disappointment, I'll also possess a huge amount of gratitude for a team that provided us all with a most unlikely and hugely pleasing season...at a time (Covid, Trump, etc...), we sorely needed the reprieve!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Clips broke the Suns but the Suns came out and looked completely unprepared. That's on the coach. They have looked confused offensively 3 games running. That's on the coach. I can't even tell what the strategy was the last 3 games. This offense looks completely different than the first two series.

I am going to continue to roast Monty until he makes some damn adjustments.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA Playoffs are very similar to bigtime boxing matches. We had the Clippers on the ropes and we let them off. If the games are like rounds, the Suns have won 3 very, very close 10-9 rounds. The Clippers have now won two very dominant 10-8 (maybe even 10-7) rounds. So as I see it, after 5 rounds, the Clippers have a 47 to 46 lead in points heading into the 6th round.
Games 6 & 7 are the championship rounds of a fight. And just like all great fighters, the Clippers have been masterful at dragging the Suns into the deep, uncharted waters where, typically, only grizzled, seasoned veterans know how to perform. Young upstarts like the Suns, IF they even reach these deep waters, typically drown a few times before learning how to compete and win in these moments.

So, my prediction is... If the Suns can't score a dramatic knockout tomorrow night, the final and decisive round (Game 7), will prove to be the final straw, where the Clippers will fully expose the inexperience of the young turk Suns and likely score a very ugly and decisive knockout, leaving the Suns laid-out on the canvas, bloodied and bruised and wondering how it all went wrong.

The danger here is that the young guys lose trust in CP3. It would be one thing if Paul were playing great and the young guys simply couldn't step up to the challenge (which would be the expected outcome). But to have their leader blow a gasket and leak oil all over the court...it's disturbing. If he can convince the team that his poor play is solely due to his bout with Covid, that could save his image and retain the trust he has so well-earned from the team all season long. It will be interesting to see how that plays out for sure.

In the end, none of us ever could've imagined a season like the one this team has gifted us this year. It's been a helluva, unforgettable ride. But, unless the Suns find a way to pin the bully up against the ropes and pummel him until he finally succumbs to exhaustion tomorrow night, I believe the ride is effectively over. And while I will be filled with immense disappointment, I'll also possess a huge amount of gratitude for a team that provided us all with a most unlikely and hugely pleasing season...at a time (Covid, Trump, etc...), we sorely needed the reprieve!

lol. You’ve been waiting for the Suns to collapse since Game 1 of the first round.

man... seeing so many people stop believing in this team at this point after seeing how resilient they’ve been all season is kinda funny to me. Lots of playoff PTSD here.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. You’ve been waiting for the Suns to collapse since Game 1 of the first round.

man... seeing so many people stop believing in this team at this point after seeing how resilient they’ve been all season is kinda funny to me. Lots of playoff PTSD here.

I still completely believe this team is going to win the series. I also expected that the deeper we got into the playoffs the more of a dogfight it would become. The Suns are still in control of the series IMO. If they lose Game 6 I think as you stated it's a "pick em" series outcome.

I personally have not jumped off the cliff but I am sure as hell frustrated verses having playoff PTSD. I can't speak for anybody else. This team has fought back and came through all season long so I am going to believe this series is no different. Is there cause for concern? Hell yes but I still believe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still completely believe this team is going to win the series. I also expected that the deeper we got into the playoffs the more of a dogfight it would become. The Suns are still in control of the series IMO. If they lose Game 6 I think as you stated it's a "pick em" series outcome.

I personally have not jumped off the cliff but I am sure as hell frustrated verses having playoff PTSD. I can't speak for anybody else. This team has fought back and came through all season long so I am going to believe this series is no different. Is there cause for concern? Hell yes but I still believe.

this is where I’m at. Definite cause for concern but haven’t given up on them like so many others have at this point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose