Suns @ Clippers Wednesday game thread 4-10-2024

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I dont think the Suns have the heart to even be mad and take it out on thr starting scrubs.

Vogel, Young, and Jones gotta go.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barring a deep run, he is gone. Only way he could stay is if Booker and Durant fought for him to be retained, which seems extremely unlikely.

Booker will follow Durant's lead and Durant has a necklace made of coach ears.
Unless you are Matt Ishbia I don't know how you could know this. He could be thinking lots of different things right now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless you are Matt Ishbia I don't know how you could know this. He could be thinking lots of different things right now.

I mean... I am not the sun but I expect it to rise in the East tomorrow.

This is the NBA, even poor owners fire coaches after one crap season, Ishbia isn't poor, we are a colossal disappointment, there is almost nothing they can do to improve besides hope it was the coaches fault.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The team needs an emotional leader, and it doesn't have to be a star player or even a starter. A Russell Westbrook, Pat Beverly, Jose Alvarado, Dillon Brooks defensive instigator type who can get the team (and the crowd) fired up. Okogie is the closest Phoenix has and he can't do enough on the offensive end to stay on the floor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great mind games by Lue. Suns are mad and want payback but they'll be playing the Clippers' scrubs so it won't matter.
That actually assumes these have some pride left. From the looks of it on the court last night and in the locker room after, that’s suspect.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean... I am not the sun but I expect it to rise in the East tomorrow.

This is the NBA, even poor owners fire coaches after one crap season, Ishbia isn't poor, we are a colossal disappointment, there is almost nothing they can do to improve besides hope it was the coaches fault.
Here is the thing, I have heard nothing from any of the players or Ishbia of dissatisfaction with Vogel. You usually hear something, some kind of a hint before a coach is fired.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here is the thing, I have heard nothing from any of the players or Ishbia of dissatisfaction with Vogel. You usually hear something, some kind of a hint before a coach is fired.
Come on man

The writing is on the wall. A normally tight lipped organization hasn’t provided hints for what will happen in the summer? Color me shocked!

If they don’t do something significant this summer there will be riots.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on man

The writing is on the wall. A normally tight lipped organization hasn’t provided hints for what will happen in the summer? Color me shocked!

They will probably do something, but roster construction is just as big a problem if not a bigger problem than the coach IMO.

It's usually the players that provide the hints, like what happened in Milwaukee.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Come on man

Absolutely. If they come back with mostly the same roster (which seems a fait accompli at this point) PLUS the same coaching staff and front office, what will the reaction from fans be? Not good, I will tell you.

I can't see Ishbia, who's still in the honeymoon phase of his ownership and seems relatively eager to please the fans doing anything like that which would set him up for even greater criticism when it fails again next year.

I'm sure he's well aware that he can fail and still be viewed mostly positively by the fans as long as he seems to be trying to improve the team as a whole. Bringing back Jones and (especially) Vogel is not going to be viewed as such, even if he's stuck with mostly the same players.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Repeat after me:

"This team will not determine my mood.
This team will not determine my mood.
This team will not determine my mood."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We ALL want Vogel gone. Which is the only reason he will run the table like in the bubble and we will get our first Championship. Then we will be STUCK with him. LOL! Just keep wanting him gone really, really bad.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The team needs an emotional leader, and it doesn't have to be a star player or even a starter. A Russell Westbrook, Pat Beverly, Jose Alvarado, Dillon Brooks defensive instigator type who can get the team (and the crowd) fired up. Okogie is the closest Phoenix has and he can't do enough on the offensive end to stay on the floor.
Or a really good coach can provide that leadership.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Repeat after me:

"This team will not determine my mood.
This team will not determine my mood."

It was getting to me earlier in the year, the Christmas game was flat out revolting.

At this point they've driven all the hate and love out of me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was getting to me earlier in the year, the Christmas game was flat out revolting.

At this point they've driven all the hate and love out of me.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is where I am. But I’ve been here since the end of that Dallas series. That game just broke my bleeding Suns purple and Orange for good I think.

If a 64 win Suns team was not only NOT going to win the title, but also blow a 2-0 lead to an inferior opponent while getting absolutely humiliated in a Game 7 at home being down 50 points at a certain point, then no Suns team would ever win a title. That game was just felt like God’s final kick to the nuts and I’ve been watching this team, wearing an emotional cup that keeps me from any further injury at this point.

I’ll still watch games, but at no point does my blood boil, for good or bad. I guess I’m just kinda like a Zombie Suns fan at this point. I gravitate towards the Suns, but the slightest distraction has me turn away.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is where I am. But I’ve been here since the end of that Dallas series. That game just broke my bleeding Suns purple and Orange for good I think.

If a 64 win Suns team was not only NOT going to win the title, but also blow a 2-0 lead to an inferior opponent while getting absolutely humiliated in a Game 7 at home being down 50 points at a certain point, then no Suns team would ever win a title. That game was just felt like God’s final kick to the nuts and I’ve been watching this team, wearing an emotional cup that keeps me from any further injury at this point.

I’ll still watch games, but at no point does my blood boil, for good or bad. I guess I’m just kinda like a Zombie Suns fan at this point.

I don't think I am permanently crushed.

But this team plays a joyless, ugly and mediocre brand of basketball. Eventually that will change, but I don't expect it to get better in the near future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I am permanently crushed.

But this team plays a joyless, ugly and mediocre brand of basketball. Eventually that will change, but I don't expect it to get better in the near future.

Yeah… it’s more for me. That ridiculous Suns collapse came RIGHT AFTER that incredible Cardinals collapse where they too looked like absolute world beaters for 12 games of the season, then just nose-dived and ended with their own putrid humiliation in the playoffs. I think that back to back tease, plus priorities just shifting after living through a pandemic and dealing with really hard family medical stuff just made me look at sports in an entirely different way.

And for the better… being as rabid of a fan as I was, over something I had zero control of, just felt silly at that point and still does. Now, sports are a good excuse to hang out with friends and if they win, that’s just gravy on the day. If they lose, I could give a flying frack and move on in the moment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard