Suns @ Bulls 2-24-17

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams, Williams, Williams. All good, well, except for the free throws.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the way Watson handled the lineup that quarter, I was expecting a run from both Ulis and Williams for several minute like he did in the first quarter. But he played the starters the whole 3rd quarter (minus Len, I believe) and our guards showed some wear and tear as a result.

I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish either. For a moment I thought Booker hurt his knee.

Now Bledsoe and Booker are playing with less than 5 minutes in the game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish either. For a moment I thought Booker hurt his knee.

Now Bledsoe and Booker are playing with less than 5 minutes in the game.

I don't have a problem with Watson trying to win the game just as long as he's playing the young guys. He should have followed through on the minutes plan for Ulis, Jones and Williams that his first half rotations suggested. I want us to win, I want us to lose, but mostly I want to see the young guys get serious playing time and I want them to have a chance to play through their ups and downs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs have allowed a lot of physical play by the Bulls all of a sudden.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad turnover by Bledsoe against the pressure from Mirotic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just some horrible reffing by the female. We're going to lose the game on the strength of her bad calls late. So I guess we owe her.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge shot by Jimmy Butler for the lead.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker fouled on a 3 point shot. Hits 2 of 3 FTs for OT. He missed the potential game winner.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought there was more contact before the shot than during the shot. But I guess we'll take it. Time for some OT!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe very irritating the last 5 min

How so? Two obvious blown calls by refs, that's not on him. One of the turnovers was legit but they started swinging at the arms of the ballhandlers and picked up 2 turnovers on each of our guards, they were calling those fouls earlier.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Watson trying to win the game just as long as he's playing the young guys. He should have followed through on the minutes plan for Ulis, Jones and Williams that his first half rotations suggested. I want us to win, I want us to lose, but mostly I want to see the young guys get serious playing time and I want them to have a chance to play through their ups and downs.

I want the Suns to win by losing except for winning some games that don't effect the draft.

The Lakers lose tonight to OKC.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought there was more contact before the shot than during the shot. But I guess we'll take it. Time for some OT!

I know it's the way the league wants it but I hate that call. They should have called the Wade contact earlier but on the shot, he was clean until the follow-through. AFAIC, if the ball is long gone, that kind of contact shouldn't be called. But Wade complaining is a joke, he's made a killing off of that kind of call.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watson played Bledsoe (and Booker) too long in regulation tonight, it was stupid to play them the whole 3rd quarter.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved seeing Ulis, Williams and Jones early but in the end, they only combined for 42 minutes. That just isn't enough, especially if Len is starting which should have opened up more than 14 minutes for Williams. I don't see the need to play Dudley, might as well keep and play Tucker if that's the case.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How so? Two obvious blown calls by refs, that's not on him. One of the turnovers was legit but they started swinging at the arms of the ballhandlers and picked up 2 turnovers on each of our guards, they were calling those fouls earlier.
He just seems wild out of control. Those fouls are not obvious. 24 second clock violation. Just no flow with him....my opinion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved seeing Ulis, Williams and Jones early but in the end, they only combined for 42 minutes. That just isn't enough, especially if Len is starting which should have opened up more than 14 minutes for Williams. I don't see the need to play Dudley, might as well keep and play Tucker if that's the case.

This is when I was really into the game. I enjoyed watching this trio.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In a bright note....loved watching the stretch in the 4qtr with LB and Ulis and Williams.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Perfect loss. Young guys looked really good, close game we should of won but lost because of inexperience mistakes, Minnesota and Philadelphia win.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He just seems wild out of control. Those fouls are not obvious. 24 second clock violation. Just no flow with him....my opinion.

The one with Mirotic was all on Bledsoe but the one where Wade knocked his arm off the ball was right in front of the ref. But whatever, I'd lay this more on Watson than Bledsoe or any other player. Our guards had tough defensive assignments, it was ludicrous to play them the entire 3rd quarter and then bring them back after just a few minutes rest.

Watson had the perfect minutes template in the first half and it worked well, I have no idea why he went away from it in the second half. Fresher legs down the stretch would have made a huge difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen