Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 3-17-24

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team is a struggle to watch. I get very little joy from them, which is absurd to think about considering who our stars are.
I don’t watch anymore. I can’t handle my frustration. I do check the box score stats but that’s it.

I even quit taping the games as rarely do I have interest in watching the recording after reviewing the box score.

So sad…

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dangggg no vogel released thread yet? Im gettin strange vibes suns will make move if he has a few def guru lol my ass gms like this without freakinnnn gianiss wtf suns!!! :(

Veryyyyyyy unhappy suns now

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have we ever seen vogel do anything strategically - like how denver did against us repeatedly going after nurk until he fouled out - like how milwaukee just did us - not doubling anybody at all - anybody notice how the double teams don't come from good defenses anymore but book and kd still continue struggling to score - sorry lol that's it for me today - just wish we could see what this team could do with someone else at the controls - i think vogel has lost this team

1000%.

I'm surprised Mat Ishbia has tolerated it, especially in such a tight window to win a championship, if indeed that window was open.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
KD seems disinterested or lack of desire for 2 consecutive games already. His defense is mostly going through motions which made Portis, Middleton or whoever feel no pressure by his closing in. Same thing on O. Very uncharacteristic of him.
It's possible Vogel lost this group completely, otherwise simply no explanation for why after a full season there is still not much effective communication, not much awareness and willingness to rotate out after scramble, no body-up coverage of opponents' hot hands or superstars the way they do KD and Book most of the time with great effect. For a supposed defensive-minded HC.
We cut the lead to 5 and 6 pts late 3rd to 4th qrt. Book wanted to play hero ball with consecutive misses, refs were helping Bucks with calls and nocalls, KD got annoyed by Beverley, no proper rotations that allowed Crowder and Middleton to be the saviors next to Lilliard with their made shots. ...

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do think you could have rolled with KD and Book and been successful. Instead of tripling down on offense and getting Beal, we should have gotten the best three defenders we could have paired up with Book and KD. Roster construction is killing us.
I agree but it would have been hard with CPs contract. Would have to find a team willing to give up 2-3 good players for an expiring contract

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I agree but it would have been hard with CPs contract. Would have to find a team willing to give up 2-3 good players for an expiring contract
GS was interested in CP3. It would have been hard but not impossible. Shammet on the other hand....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Durant was a total no show today did he do anything in this game? Anything?
One play stuck out in my mind, where he was playing defense and then Eubanks let a guy score easily. The look on KD's face was disgust. I got the feeling from his body language that defensively he felt he wasn't getting much help.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I totally agree. The defense was ****! We shot 58%, on the road, and LOST.
He’s right we shot good and we need to defend better. But also sometimes you tip your cap when a team knocks down 19 threes in a half it’s tough to recover and we almost did. And no they weren’t all open 3s, better yet we generate open threes and miss them all the time the team specifically BPJ was red hot, dudes don’t come off the bench and put up 25 in a half very often! You put up 129 on almost 60% shooting that’s gonna get you wins probably 95% of the time. We’d had been better off facing them with Giannis imo as they wouldn’t have even had that many shots…

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team will barely make the play-in, huh??

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I honestly think they don't even make the play in tournament. The schedule is too hard and the Suns are too soft.
Rockets would need to go at least 10-5 in their last 15 games while the Suns fall off a cliff finishing like 3-11. Sounds crazy but the only games I see the Suns favored in is against the Hawks and they play the Spurs twice. Outside of those teams the rest of the games are all quality playoff teams.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rockets would need to go at least 10-5 in their last 15 games while the Suns fall off a cliff finishing like 3-11. Sounds crazy but the only games I see the Suns favored in is against the Hawks and they play the Spurs twice. Outside of those teams the rest of the games are all quality playoff teams.
Missing the play-in would be a best case scenario from my perspective. I don't want to watch any playoff/play-in games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missing the play-in would be a best case scenario from my perspective. I don't want to watch any playoff/play-in games.
Seriously… watching us get knocked out by a Curry buzzer beating 3 or sone LeBron FTs and some questionable calls ain’t my idea of a good time.

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
Going 3-11 in the last stretch is not that crazy, I’d say it’s very likely considering our schedule.

BTW do you really think we are favored against the Hawks who we lost to and the Spurs that we lost to TWICE?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Going 3-11 in the last stretch is not that crazy, I’d say it’s very likely considering our schedule.

BTW do you really think we are favored against the Hawks who we lost to and the Spurs that we lost to TWICE?
Yeah 3-11 would be extremely embarrassing, but I agree, it seems fairly realistic.

Under normal circumstances the Hawks would cook them, but with no Trey Young they should win that game. And yes the Spurs are surprisingly competitive. I could see a split there. Beyond that I’m guessing the Suns will find at least one surprise win over a playoff team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect one final win streak of 3-4 games where the homers get their hopes up and right when they start in about getting it together for a playoff run, the bottom falls out.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I expect one final win streak of 3-4 games where the homers get their hopes up and right when they start in about getting it together for a playoff run, the bottom falls out.
I’m a homer but a 3-4 game streak wouldn’t even put a scratch on my pane of despair for this version of the Suns.

If they run the table from this point forward, I might blink. Not something I worry about as my bucket of worry is empty…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity here, who are these “homers” you call out here. Almost to a man, everyone here thinks this team is cooked and looks like you’re just trying to stir ish up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m a homer but a 3-4 game streak wouldn’t even put a scratch on my pane of despair for this version of the Suns.

If they run the table from this point forward, I might blink. Not something I worry about as my bucket of worry is empty…

I'm a homer as well but there's a difference between us and the type I mentioned. We understand this season is all but over while the others still think a run is order and we have a realistic shot at winning a championship. There's a difference between always rooting for the Suns and always expecting they will win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson