Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 3-17-24

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK the game is lost, but I don't understand what the officials are doing at this point. Supposedly the told them to stop rewarding offensive players hunting for fouls. What I've actually seen, and would no consistency grant you, is allowing very physical defense (A.k.a. a lot of fouling) and still rewarding offensive players hunting the contact.

And before anybody says I'm blaming the referees for the loss… I'm not. We are losing because we are allowing way too much penetration resulting in fairly open three-point shots for our opponents.

And every time I see Ish Wainwright I feel myself joining the Frank Vogel sucks balls club. I swear this guy spins a wheel to pick who's coming in off the bench every game. We went from a coach who would only play his favorites regardless of how terrible they were to A coach who plays anybody at any time without any rhyme or reason.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Whatever they just scored the most they have ever put up with Doc as the coach clearly their gameplan was to chuck threes and to hit 24 at a 60% clip is pretty ridiculous. We were in the game and cut it to 6 before the refs took over and decided we don’t get fouled… Should have been a ton of and ones for us but nah fudge the Suns! Go ahead and say oh Giannis didn’t play lol, they wouldn’t have scored 140 if he did because those guys don’t get all the shots they got! And Durant was a total no show today is he sick or alright? Getting fouled all day no calls and people wonder why people think it’s fixed sport…
My dude - stop blaming the refs, stop saying other teams are getting lucky...we continue to lose game after game in the same fashion against good teams. Face it - we're not a good team, that's why we're fighting to make the playoffs. Blaming the refs and saying the other teams are lucky is loser talk.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
OK the game is lost, but I don't understand what the officials are doing at this point. Supposedly the told them to stop rewarding offensive players hunting for fouls. What I've actually seen, and would no consistency grant you, is allowing very physical defense (A.k.a. a lot of fouling) and still rewarding offensive players hunting the contact.

And before anybody says I'm blaming the referees for the loss… I'm not. We are losing because we are allowing way too much penetration resulting in fairly open three-point shots for our opponents.

And every time I see Ish Wainwright I feel myself joining the Frank Vogel sucks balls club. I swear this guy spins a wheel to pick who's coming in off the bench every game. We went from a coach who would only play his favorites regardless of how terrible they were to A coach who plays anybody at any time without any rhyme or reason.
Other teams have players that get to the line and create contact - it's a big part of the modern game. We dont.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We are a turn style on D. Lots of threes and lay ups on us. They are talking on TV how we shot almost 60% from the field on the road, AND lost by double digits. That's because we stopped no one on defense.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I do think you could have rolled with KD and Book and been successful. Instead of tripling down on offense and getting Beal, we should have gotten the best three defenders we could have paired up with Book and KD. Roster construction is killing us.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
the only real success we had today was with our small ball - but if giannis had been in the game they would've done the same thing - giannis would've played the 5 and they would've continued to throttle us

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Players earn millions and can have a long summer vacation. Fans don't. I think the fans are holding the short end of the stick on this Suns product.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Meh
Is what it is. Still gonna make the playoffs. Hope for the best. Better than being a lottery team year in and out. I've seen us beat the best and lose to the best. Go Suns

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How can Portis get 31. This team just doesn’t have it, whatever it is. PG, defense, coaching, desire or all of the above on any given night. On to baseball and the draft

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
have we ever seen vogel do anything strategically - like how denver did against us repeatedly going after nurk until he fouled out - like how milwaukee just did us - not doubling anybody at all - anybody notice how the double teams don't come from good defenses anymore but book and kd still continue struggling to score - sorry lol that's it for me today - just wish we could see what this team could do with someone else at the controls - i think vogel has lost this team

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have we ever seen vogel do anything strategically - like how denver did against us repeatedly going after nurk until he fouled out - like how milwaukee just did us - not doubling anybody at all - anybody notice how the double teams don't come from good defenses anymore but book and kd still continue struggling to score - sorry lol that's it for me today - just wish we could see what this team could do with someone else at the controls - i think vogel has lost this team
I’m not sure Vogel ever had this team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only real success we had today was with our small ball - but if giannis had been in the game they would've done the same thing - giannis would've played the 5 and they would've continued to throttle us
Not sure I would call this a success. Our 2nd chance points were non-existent.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No fire, no urgency, these guys coast through games making the same mistakes over and over.

They think they’re talented enough to just show up and roll over teams and 4 months of contradictory evidence still hasn’t hit home.

Booker and Durant are a terrible pairing. Too many 2s, too slow, Booker is too busy trying to talk trash to lead, Durant just disengages and mopes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No leadership on this team either - KD gets pissy when Barkley says he isn't a leader, but he's absolutely right. Love Book, but he doesn't appear to be much of a leader either. Who else displays leadership?

I think Book is a leader of sorts but he also respects vets too much. He'll get on everyone's case except KD, CP3, or Beal. That leads others to tune him out because you can't selectively lead some and then allow others a free pass. He comes across as middle management then, at best, and everyone hates middle management.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think you could have rolled with KD and Book and been successful. Instead of tripling down on offense and getting Beal, we should have gotten the best three defenders we could have paired up with Book and KD. Roster construction is killing us.

It doesn't work like that. It was Beal or CP3, I guess Jordan Poole can be mentioned also but I'll take Beal and Paul over him. Beal was a gift from the basketball gods but we were tapped out everywhere else. We only had minimum deals available outside of that and we got what we could there. Now had we retained Cam Payne instead of gifting him a 2nd round pick to San Antonio then we would have had a PG, another 2nd rounder, and a player to trade who makes $6.5 million this year while expiring. That would have come in handy around the deadline. We also could have re-signed Torrey Craig for an amount above the minimum and while he may not have produced here he also could have been used in a trade. He's better than the minimum fodder we had also. There was no way to bring in 3 good defenders in place of Beal unless someone had those players and wanted to swap them for Chris Paul. Now we're left in a tough spot. There's no easy answer but the problems started developing as soon as Ishbia came in as owner and we now resemble the mid 00's Knicks that Isiah Thomas built, spending recklessly on talent while ignoring fit.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not even mad at this point. We can’t even beat teams who aren’t at full strength. Feels like a 1st rd exit is imminent if they can survive the play-in.
I honestly think they don't even make the play in tournament. The schedule is too hard and the Suns are too soft.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Bucks score 80 pts in first half.
Coach Vogel, our defensive coach, had the answer to
slow them down. He is terrible.

Suns get the game down to single digit Bucks lead in the
4th,,,,,but as we've seen before, let it slide away again.
Durant didn't help much today....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson