Suns amnesty Josh Childress

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN

The Suns have waived Josh Childress using amnesty provision, sources say. Possibly making room for OJ Mayo
Best of luck to wherever you go J-Chill! I know many may disagree with me but I felt like he never got a fair chance here.

Last edited:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just think it was a bad fit. I really like Childress (more as a person then a player), and hope his career is revived elsewhere.

Also, this is another example of my opinion on Sarver... the man is not cheap. He makes some boneheaded decisions, like letting some random dude spend a bunch of money on Hedo, Childress, and Warrick when there was no true GM in place, but he's definitely not cheap.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just think it was a bad fit. I really like Childress (more as a person then a player), and hope his career is revived elsewhere.

Also, this is another example of my opinion on Sarver... the man is not cheap. He makes some boneheaded decisions, like letting some random dude spend a bunch of money on Hedo, Childress, and Warrick when there was no true GM in place, but he's definitely not cheap.

I had high hopes for Childress when he signed, but I though he could shoot. He handled the situation here with class; I too hope he can catch on somewhere else. I could see him excelling in San Antonio under Pop.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I could see him back in Atlanta for around 3Million or maybe even Dallas, who is trying to put something together for this year?? Smart kid just wrong time/wrong team

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to Josh Childress. He simply did not fit with the Suns.

It's so nice to see the Suns amnesty Childress instead of throwing away picks and such to move him. IMO, this is a huge step forward by the Suns FO towards regaining credibility with the fans.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would be nice if they could also amnesty frye or warrick. Teams only get 1 amnesty per season right?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Would be nice if they could also amnesty frye or warrick. Teams only get 1 amnesty per season right?

Warrick maybe. But Frye still has value to this team as a rotation player.

Besides, you can only amnesty one player until the next CBA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

? Frye still can put in minutes, Warrick's contract is over soon. Childress was the only viable cut.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It doesn't look like anyone claimed Childress off waivers, so the Suns will be paying him the entire $21M they still owe him over the next three years.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't look like anyone claimed Childress off waivers, so the Suns will be paying him the entire $21M they still owe him over the next three years.

oh well, but at least it doesnt count against our cap.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WOW.

Josh Childress Ejected After Nasty Elbow

You may remember Josh Childress from his stints on a few NBA teams, starting with the Atlanta Hawks in 2004.

Childress now plays in Australia for the Sydney Kings of the National Basketball League, and it looks like he has made some enemies there.

After getting flat-backed on a big (although legal) screen from Jesse Wagstaff of the Perth Wildcats, Childress went full speed ahead to deliver a nasty elbow to the face of Wagstaff.

He'd eventually be ejected.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2243258-josh-childress-ejected-after-nasty-elbow

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an interesting disciplinary system they have over there...

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/r55lwuquk3fc1rysy6fqkocs5

Charges, counts, pleas, evidence, suspended sentences and all very open and public. Not at all like our leagues.

We should do that on the Suns forum. If someone posts something that brings this board into disrepute they should have to kick in a few thousand dollars to those of us that remain reputable. And it should be at the sole discretion of whichever idiot came up with the idea to do it here.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a shame he never really regained his momentum after he left the NBA. He looked like he might develop into a monster to deal with.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We should do that on the Suns forum. If someone posts something that brings this board into disrepute they should have to kick in a few thousand dollars to those of us that remain reputable. And it should be at the sole discretion of whichever idiot came up with the idea to do it here.

Steve
After you buy ASFN from Iceman, of course. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After you buy ASFN from Iceman, of course. :)

Nah, this is solely under the table stuff. Based on the posters that have not been banned the last few years, it's a safe bet that no one from the admin and moderator group actually reads the Suns board. We should have no problems keeping it off the record, on the QT and very hush-hush.;)

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard