Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It wasn’t for the sake of making moves. As has been said time and again, a LOT of fans and media thought it was a good short-term move. It ended up not being a great move. Is what it is. All the teeth gnashing in the world won’t change it now. And it’s almost universally (except birdgangthing) been accepted as a bad deal. So yeah . . .

I like how you threw in the “short-term move” disclaimer. No one thought it was short considering what we gave up for kd.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Green can do/say no wrong because he's a champ and maybe HOFer. That's just way off base on any justification going against Nurk.
Never said that. Just players who are MUCH worse than him and were just total no shows in the playoffs like Nurk was, who’s team won as many games there as the Warriors did this year, is stupid.

But thanks for putting words in my mouth and trying to start a fight where none existed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
draymond is definitely better than nurk at basketball but draymond is definitely afraid of nurk irl - that's what nurks jokes are all about - that and draymond needing help and attention
Lol… Draymond ain’t afraid of that lumbering loser.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When was this confirmed? Booker has outscored and out produced Durant as the #1 here in the last 2 postseasons. He didn't need someone to be the #1, he needed a better #2. KD isn't that because they're too busy trying to assert themselves as the #1. When Booker had someone willing to defer to him as a #2 we made the finals.
Nah that wasn’t it. When Booker had all nba point guard we made the finals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
One year ago, almost to the day, the notion on this board was that Devin Booker is better than everyone thought and he was an absolute playoff assassin. He was in a run of some of the most efficient playoff scoring in league history. Right up until a dirty Jeff Green foul in game 5, the Nuggets had no answer for anything Booker did.

Recency bias is pretty wild.
The recency bias was never more wild than last playoffs when people proclaiming Booker a unicorn during his sugar rush points pile on against the Paul George/Kawhi-less JV Clippers team and then 4 sick games against Denver before Booker did his third annual playoff faceplant to end the season in embarassing fashion.

He didn’t do that this year… instead he decided to face-plant the first 3 games of the playoffs this year making his marvelous 49 point game to finish the season completely meaningless.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I like how you threw in the “short-term move” disclaimer. No one thought it was short considering what we gave up for kd.
By “short term move” I meant shoot for the stars for a championship in the short term. Which is exactly what it was. It wasn’t a move for the long term. No one has ever denied they sold the long term for the short term. But that’s what a “short term move” is. Maybe you’ve never seen anyone use that phrase before (weird).

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns Reportedly Shopping Draft Picks, Who's the Best Player They Could Get?

Very informative video on Locked on Suns podcast of who we could use our picks for trades on.

WARNING: VIDEO IS VERY DEPRESSING!!!!!!

If we trade Nurkic and this years's pick here's what Brendon Klein says we might be able to do:

Suns could say hey let's sweeten it up here's the 22nd pick and there you go but again who's the best name on that
10:30
list Norman Powell I mean Colin seon's the best name on that list but I don't think that's
10:36
very likely Mitchell Robinson you know how many minutes are you really getting out of him can he can he make it through a full season

If we trade this year's pick and Little:

so kisper could help there far as my favorite options go here
20:20
um I guess I would say I mean Pritchard Pritchard would be great not
20:26
not very likely I think Nick S as a starting caliber option for the Suns would would really plug a hole is it
20:33
worth the overpay could you get something else in a trade like that I think he could make sense I like Dean
20:40
Wade I like Santi Al dama as just forwards with size who are vets and can shoot um and then there's some younger
20:47
upside plays I mean zier Williams Maran Bo champ oai abaji AJ Griffin frankly I
20:52
think all those guys have talent but you know are you running into a situation where you're placing too much pressure
20:58
pressure and too much um of your hopes for the season on young guys

These are Youtube transcripts so the spellings are off.

Brendon points out if you trade Nurkic you need a starter back. If you
trade Little, and get a role player that fills a need back, you went form a guy not playing to a piece you can use on the team. The video goes over the second apron restraints and the lists of guys we can pick from. Why certain guys we can't get, etc.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t understand how trying to get better is depressing.
Because those moves won't make us better. Giving away draft picks the lifeblood of a franchise for a low quality role player is not getting better.

It's depressing our management is so stupid they appear to want to do it anyway.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So apparently James Jones said there is no scenario where one of the big 3 will be traded this offseason.

While I suspected this, it is none the less devastating to hear it officially.

It is going to get very very dark for Suns fans for at least the next 5 years.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So apparently James Jones said there is no scenario where one of the big 3 will be traded this offseason.

While I suspected this, it is none the less devastating to hear it officially.

It is going to get very very dark for Suns fans for at least the next 5 years.
I don't know why you keep acting surprised by everything. The Suns have been signaling running it back this entire time. Besides, if the 1st part of the season is a disaster? I think all bets are off in terms of trading someone.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Because those moves won't make us better. Giving away draft picks the lifeblood of a franchise for a low quality role player is not getting better.

It's depressing our management is so stupid they appear to want to do it anyway.
I think it's weird being depressed before you know the outcome. Maybe they know what they're doing. Personally, I'll wait and see what they do and then I can get depressed if need be. No need to start early.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's weird being depressed before you know the outcome. Maybe they know what they're doing. Personally, I'll wait and see what they do and then I can get depressed if need be. No need to start early.
They don't know what they are doing. That is clear.

They keep telling everyone they don't value draft picks at all - since 70% of all teams good players are acquired from draft picks that is stupidity.

There is no mystery to their position or the highly likely outcome of their actions. Just like management it really seems like most of this board is in denial.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
They don't know what they are doing. That is clear.

They keep telling everyone they don't value draft picks at all - since 70% of all teams good players are acquired from draft picks that is stupidity.

There is no mystery to their position or the highly likely outcome of their actions. Just like management it really seems like most of this board is in denial.
Your future telling skills are much better than mine.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tellum brief resume:

You must be registered for see images attach

Not impressed. The Nets famously got screwed on the Harden/Simmons deal. They also didn't get much for Kyrie. He hasn't really been there for any big moves other than how they bent us over on the KD deal. Maybe that's why Ishbia likes him?