Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the Burns and Gambo show they played a cut where a reporter was saying that in some circles, they think the Suns should resign Royce to a large enough contract then trade him for two pieces. They were throwing out 40 million (2 years). It's a way the Suns could circumvent the situation they are in. That would be enough to bring in two quality players (PG/Wing or PG/PF). I hadn't thought about that. There probably will be teams looking for an expiring contract in 2 years time to get salary off their books. Not sure who would fit that bill to make a trade but if it's legal? I guess you have to consider it?!?

We can't do sign and trades, on either end of the deal.

If we sign Royce we have to keep him until mid December.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't do sign and trades, on either end of the deal.

If we sign Royce we have to keep him until mid December.
I can’t speak to the timing or where it came from. Only heard what they said. That might have been the thinking for the 2nd part of the season after December I would imagine.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, I guess someone is using their "Jump to Conclusions Mat" today. Context matters and there is nothing that supports the theory that KD wants out and wants to go to Miami. Him saying he doesn't mind going there if it makes sense is not a trade demand.
Really are you that naive?

Ocho doesn’t go on his podcast confirm KD told him he wouldn’t mind going to miami, and say it’s fine if you say this on the podcast than he does unless KD wants that message put out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ocho doesn’t go on his podcast confirm KD told him he wouldn’t mind going to miami, and say it’s fine if you say this on the podcast than he does unless KD wants that message put out.

A KD trade request wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but I also don't really attach any weight whatsoever to anything Ochocinco says.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
I don't really like Royce's game that much, and I really don't feel like overpaying him, especially when we have guys like Roddy and Little under contract who might be able to do as good a job and potentially have some upside.
Royce would not be in the 8-man rotation in any of the remaining PO teams. He is not athletic or tall enough nor good shooting enough, but has vet savvy going for him. A poorman's Crowder. I'd not sign him more than 8 mil per, and don't believe he has better offers elsewhere.

Also, not worried about KD's words. It's more like creating pressure on mgt to do sth to improve the current no-hope situation.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More about Devin Booker being not what we hoped he would be. I'm thinking about the seventy-point game, years ago, and how it might be over-valued by some, including me until now. Am I right that a player simply can't score that much without the circumstances looking suspicious? What I mean is: at that point it prrrobably becomes obvious that every teammate is force-feeding him the ball; that there might be no other offensive talent on the team, so they sort of have to keep feeding that player; and that all the opposing players are doing something that encourages him to score an enormous number? Either they just can't stop him, or they were using a defensive strategy that ignored him because they didn't think he was a threat; or...they fouled him an enormous number of times because that's the only defense against him. The second possibility is probably what happened when Booker scored seventy. He was an almost-new player and the opponent (Celtics, was it?) didn't take him seriously. These possible explanations must become increasingly likely if any player ever scores more than fifty or possibly sixty. There is a reason that even Michael Jordan scored 60+ only a few times.

(The free throws are probably how David Robinson scored 71 in 1994. I'd have to find the box score, but I seem to remember that the Clippers kept sending him to the line and he kept making his free throws. Also, the Clippers were so bad back then that their players couldn't stop David Robinson anyway. Wilt Chamberlain's hundred-point game must owe itself to all thrse possibilities except maybe there being no other offensive talent--I don't remember who his teammates were. You can't score one hundred unless you're completely unstoppable, such as by being seven feet (or whatever height Chamberlain was) and a great athlete; and your teammates are force-feeding you on every possession (they were probably egging him on, wanting to see how much he could score!); and the opponent keeps sending you to the free throw line and you make every free throw. Same thing, I suppose, for Kobe Bryant's 81-point game. His teammates had to have force-fed him, and I'm pretty sure the Raptors were no good that year.)

As for Devin Booker: I always knew this, in the back of my mind, about the seventy points. I just ignored it until now.
Yeah... they force fed him for the 70 point game... Who cares?

This is a narrative I see brought up occasionally online but like... no one cares, it was a neat thing in a trash season, Suns fans don't really give a crap about it, it never really gets brought up when talking about Booker's skills.

I think this particular forum is one of the best places for rational discourse about the franchise and Booker's 70 point game is a non topic. Even Booker's most ardent backers view that game as totally insignificant.

Even as you point out, any game with a point total of that magnitude is obviously forced.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Booker is near the bottom of our list of problems.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

My god you SO want to tear down this team that you bring up nothing burgers like they are viable reasons. There are plenty of REAL reasons to hate this team that you can use, why push meaningless conspiracy theories?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard about the KD wants out rumors, maybe the FO got wind of this earlier than it broke to national attention, and that's what has been keeping Vogel around??? Just speculation on my part.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A KD trade request wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but I also don't really attach any weight whatsoever to anything Ochocinco says.
From the very start of the KD trade I said that if by the end of Season 2 with Durant if they don't have a title I could see them moving on from him. I based that on his age and not getting it done within 2 seasons. I wasn't sure if KD would be the catalyst for moving on or the Suns moving him before he had zero value. I just wasn't going to be surprised and thought the chances of Durant retiring a Sun were next to nil. I figured it was a 2 to 3 year max experiment that may or may not work.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you think he is so reckless he is going on his own podcast and lie that KD talked to him and said he would be fine to go to Miami.

If that is a lie how fast do you think KD would say so? Do you think making up something like that on his own podcast that people apparently like to listen to him and risk being labeled a liar would be a good move for him?

Logic tells you this is 95% likely to be true.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard about the KD wants out rumors, maybe the FO got wind of this earlier than it broke to national attention, and that's what has been keeping Vogel around??? Just speculation on my part.
All the rumors say KD wants Vogel gone, not to stay.

So it could be the reason they have not announced he is coming back yet.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Royce would not be in the 8-man rotation in any of the remaining PO teams. He is not athletic or tall enough nor good shooting enough, but has vet savvy going for him. A poorman's Crowder. I'd not sign him more than 8 mil per, and don't believe he has better offers elsewhere.

Also, not worried about KD's words. It's more like creating pressure on mgt to do sth to improve the current no-hope situation.
You should be concerned with his words.

I think his feelings are the only thing that can stop that sorry team we just had to endure from coming back again based on what Ishbia said.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

idk why he's a "poorman's crowder

id take oneale > crowder straight up

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you think he is so reckless he is going on his own podcast and lie that KD talked to him and said he would be fine to go to Miami.

If that is a lie how fast do you think KD would say so? Do you think making up something like that on his own podcast that people apparently like to listen to him and risk being labeled a liar would be a good move for him?

Logic tells you this is 95% likely to be true.

I don’t think Ochocinco has a reputation to ruin. This is the first thing I’ve heard about him in years that didn’t involve him having gone broke or being threatened with jail over child support.

Some guys say stuff just to be heard.

Again, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was true, it also wouldn’t surprise me if he and Durant have never said a word to each other in their lives.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
KD was in Miami last weekend hanging out with Jimmy Butler. Maybe that's what he meant? Again, not a trade request.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How I miss this.

Suns had caught lightning in a bottle before injuries hit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How I miss this.

Suns had caught lightning in a bottle before injuries hit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'd give up the picks for a mulligan on the twins for KD deal. That team had heart and was young they had a future. I don't give a damn how much the Mavs series sucked. Know what's worse? A first round sweep.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd give up the picks for a mulligan on the twins for KD deal. That team had heart and was young they had a future. I don't give a damn how much the Mavs series sucked. Know what's worse? A first round sweep.
A team that loses a series they were heavily favored to win, after blowing a 2-0 lead, that was punctuated by literally the most humiliating Game 7 loss in NBA history where they got down as much as 50 POINTS didn’t have heart. And they didn’t have heart bumbling and stumbling their way through multiple blowouts again the next season en route to a 25-26 record before the trade.

Their heart and soul died the second CP3 forgot how to play basketball on his 37th birthday. They became NBA punchlines after that.

Sadly, the trade didn’t give them a heart transplant as post-trade they’ve been just as heartless. But to suggest the previous version in 2022 or 2023 did is an argument without evidence.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And all James Jones had to do was make a layup in the 2020 draft.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And all James Jones had to do was make a layup in the 2020 draft.

When I feel miserable and want to kick myself while I'm down I check out that draft thread. Haliburton fell in our lap. There was no excuse for passing given how quickly he cut bait on Stix as well. If he believed in Jalen, I could kind of see it but they declined his option and gave him away for a player they should have retained initially. James Jones needs to go.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I feel miserable and want to kick myself while I'm down I check out that draft thread. Haliburton fell in our lap. There was no excuse for passing given how quickly he cut bait on Stix as well. If he believed in Jalen, I could kind of see it but they declined his option and gave him away for a player they should have retained initially. James Jones needs to go.

Some things will never go away and will sting for a lifetime. It's not like there were a lot of other great options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen