Stout how about a opinion on Michael Haynes DE

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The more i read about this guy the more i like him as a option if Cards trade down.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haynes isn't bad, but, to me, there's something lacking. I don't know why, but the dude (sort of a Kevin Williams Lite") suggests to me a lineman's version of Tommy Knight - almost big enough, almost fast enough, almost good enough.

We already have overachievers like VDB and Wakefield at DE. What's needed most on DL are dominators - (a) a sack machine and (b) a run stuffer inside.

I'm not sure Haynes, while a pretty good all around player, really fits that bill.

Final point about trading down. I think Mac has done a very good job of turning over his roster so that it is filled with overachieving young character players and now a few grizzled leaders. What's missing are the physically dominant game-breakers (preferably the team-oriented variety). You usually only find these guys at the top of your draft board or if you get lucky later on. Trading down might give us more character guys, but it would leave us bereft of blue chip talent on our roster.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, Haynes has it all-except for that punch of speed that dominant pass rushers has. It's the same thing that has me concerned with Suggs, although Haynes actually posted better numbers, I believe. He's big enough, from what I've seen, and he's tough enough against the run, but he may (may) lack the closing speed to be a good pass rusher. Granted, he may turn into a Dent or a White, but the chances of that happening aren't the greatest. I'd be happy with him late in the first, but certainly not in the top 10. He'll be a solid rotational guy at worst, IMO, and may blossom into more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard