Stewart Over Blake

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Living in PA, I've had the opportunity to see both of these guys embarrass themselves. Neither are very good, but teams make the playoffs & WIN Super Bowls without great QB's. What people see in Blake is beyond me. He is short, less than average mobility, NOT a leader & has a penchant for throwing sideline interceptions that are of the variety that are returned for TD's. He doesn't have a quick release, so if you expect him to throw accurate long passes, then you better give him PLENTY of time to set up for the throw. Stewart is bigger, very elusive & above average arm strength. His leadership skills are underrated, & most importantly, he can throw on the run. Stewart has his problems (INCONSISTENT), but playing for a HOT HEAD in Pittsburgh is a QB's nightmare. Playing for McGinnis would benefit Stewart tremendously. NO BRAINER HERE FOLKS, Stewart is the better QB for us. All that aside, if Suggs is gone & Leftwich is there, DRAFT him!!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I HIGHLY disagree. Stewart is not a better QB than Blake.

Inconsistent does not even begin to describe Stewart and his play on the field.

Blake is an above average QB and from what I have seen in his career does not have a problem with Ints of any kind. he is smart plays within the system and will not lose the game for you in general like a couple of guys named Plummer and Stewart.

By the way what exactly does mobility have to do with the price of rice in china? I bet I could name you some very good QBs who are not mobile.

I could care less about his height he has shown regardless of how tal he is that he can play in this league!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would take Stewart over Blake, but at this point I just hope we can get one of them.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Just to add a little fuel and fact to the discussion. In my humble opinion, I think in the key areas of YPA, and the TD/Int ratio, Blake wins it hands down. Stewart obviously has more rushing TD's but their rushing avg is very similar.

KORDELL STEWART

G GS COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD INT RAT RUSH TD

114 81 1190 2107 56.5 13328 6.33 90 70 72 72.3 5.2 35

JEFF BLAKE

G GS COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD INT RAT RUSH TD

102 87 1593 2828 56.3 19283 6.82 88 119 83 79.2 4.8 12

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Everything was lined up when I typed it, and then when I submitted it they kinda got a little screwy.

Sorry about that.............

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll take Stewart. Also, I do think mobility it important to being a quarterback, especially if you're just an average qb, like Blake. Now, if you've got an arm like Dan Marino (not to mention a quick release) or Troy Aikman, mobility is not necessary.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by red desert
I'll take Stewart. Also, I do think mobility it important to being a quarterback, especially if you're just an average qb, like Blake. Now, if you've got an arm like Dan Marino (not to mention a quick release) or Troy Aikman, mobility is not necessary.

Not to be a smart ass but it sure looks as though Kordells mobility has really helped him be a "good" QB over the years?

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the context of what we have to choose from - yes, I think he is a "good" quarterback. Now, if Griese is thrown into the equation, I'm not sure which of the two stands out. Am I right in assuming you'd take Griese?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by red desert
In the context of what we have to choose from - yes, I think he is a "good" quarterback. Now, if Griese is thrown into the equation, I'm not sure which of the two stands out. Am I right in assuming you'd take Griese?

Yes you are absoltely correct i would take Griese over Blake or Stewart in a second!

But given the opportunity I would have Blake anyday over Stewart. Stewart in any context is just not a good QB!

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The more I think about it, maybe we should go for Griese. Question is, should we try and trade for him before June 1? If so, what should we offer? I say no more than a third round draft pick, and only if, as I think I've heard, they'd carry part of his contract.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
I would take Stewart over Blake, but at this point I just hope we can get one of them.

I would also take Stewart over Blake and also at this point would sign either because we are in a very deep deep hole.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
trading for him is out of the question.I believe no one is going to be able to do that. i think Denver is going to have to take a 9 mil cap hit or something like that unless they cut him after June 1. he has permission to talk to people about a trade and maybe he can do some under the table negotiating about what happens after June 1st. the bears are bringing him in for a physical. i have to believe their is more going on than just a physical.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want Blake or Stewart at the prices they are asking. I would rather go into the season with McKown, Parsons, and a blue chip Draft pick ( leftwich, Boller, Ragone). Lets build a Defense with our FA money. Neither Blake nor Stewart will lead this team to the Playoffs. I think they are way overpriced.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05