Steve Wilks ..... what more can be said

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gambo should start polishing the limo

Ask yourselves who lied to you most about this team from reporting stand point? Gambo and the cronies on 98.7 will be top of that list. They declared this is a 9-7 team when Bradford stays healthy at a minimum. How this coaching staff is so much better than last years of Arians.

They knew this is a seriously flawed team coming into the season. How they lie and get away with it is the art form I wish I had as one of my talents.

I guess being shameless and unaccountable goes a long way into personal success these days.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ask yourselves who lied to you most about this team from reporting stand point? Gambo and the cronies on 98.7 will be top of that list. They declared this is a 9-7 team when Bradford stays healthy at a minimum. How this coaching staff is so much better than last years of Arians.

They knew this is a seriously flawed team coming into the season. How they lie and get away with it is the art form I wish I had as one of my talents.

I guess being shameless and unaccountable goes a long way into personal success these days.

This is humorous. You have Gambo et al at the top of your list?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see anyone playing better under this coaching staff than they did under BA. Maybe Gunter.

What happened to Ray Brown? I thought he was supposed to be an O-line guru? What happened to P2 getting more opportunities to make plays? Leftwich is an improvement over McCoy, but he still looks like an amateur compared to the Reids and Nagys of the league. None of these guys have proven to be able to get the most out of what they were given, even though they weren't given much.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I am pretty conservative with GM and coaching changes - would love to see Wilks gone, ambivalent about Keim without knowing who really wanted Wilks (ie if Bidwill wanted him and Keim didn't initially)

Don't care who wanted Wilkes, Keim was in charge of the roster and he dropped the ball big time. They both need to go in my opinion.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
During training camp, Wilks was asked what he sees as the strength of this football team. Without hesitation, he responded “the offensive line”. Nothing more needs to be said. He should be fired tonight.
In his post conference he said he was overall happy with the O-Line play today too. SMH

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wilks

'' hi guys i told u was just retooling, thats why they made me the head coach, to pass from retooling to rebuilding''

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If he wants half empty arenas each game, sure

We have one owner in the valley (Robert Sarver) who doesn’t care about fans or empty arenas. This is Michael Bidwill’s first real test of how much he cares about the fans. Firing Wilks and Keim is going to hurt financially (big time) but I think Michael will do the right thing. We will know in January

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is humorous. You have Gambo et al at the top of your list?

From reporting stand point, yes.

The whole "official station" dances to the tune of the four franchises. Their allegiance is to four franchises and to prop them up. Hope they put a disclaimer to that effect so fans know what they sell. They don't and act like they are the gate keepers of truth and real tough guys on the teams which is blatantly taking advantage of listeners trust.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't recall. Who else did we bring in? I don't recall any of the names that got hired elsewhere.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't care who wanted Wilkes, Keim was in charge of the roster and he dropped the ball big time. They both need to go in my opinion.

The more I dig into this, the more I'm hearing that it was MB that overruled Keim to hire Wilks. In fact, Keim pretty much washed his hands of the situation. Keim & Arians were best buddies & chummed around (drank heavily) almost daily. Arians knew that a Wilks hire would be devastating, and emphasized that to MB. Keim did the same. Michael didn't like the closeness of the Arians/Keim relationship & made it HIS decision to hire Wilks.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I dig into this, the more I'm hearing that it was MB that overruled Keim to hire Wilks. In fact, Keim pretty much washed his hands of the situation. Keim & Arians were best buddies & chummed around (drank heavily) almost daily. Arians knew that a Wilks hire would be devastating, and emphasized that to MB. Keim did the same. Michael didn't like the closeness of the Arians/Keim relationship & made it HIS decision to hire Wilks.

Then the apple didn't fall too far from the tree after all.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If true this is going to be an expensive lesson for him.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If this is true, How is M.Bidwill any different from Robert Sarver?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That doesn’t wear well for mike, if true. You hire a gm for a reason, to drive football decisions. Not that I trust Keim to make good ones.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That doesn’t wear well for mike, if true. You hire a gm for a reason, to drive football decisions. Not that I trust Keim to make good ones.
are just speculations wilks is a bidwill guy
bidwill just like to be involved in the process interviews, he probably say the last words, but the list of coaches were made by keim
in any case bidwill has a lot to prove if really care about winning, at this point im perplexed if he is any different then his father

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson