STEVE KEIM!!!!! WOOHOO!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this offense is an OT at #8 away from being really good (or at least, the expectations that its really good)

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You have to believe that Hopkins was going to hold out. O'Brien can't listen to all the dumb chatter now, saying "we would have given you $100000000 for him and three first round picks, and shined your shoes for you too."

He's not completely wrong to think really hard about paying a wide receiver 20 million dollars a year for five years. The guy touches the ball seven or eight times a game. That's what Michael Thomas just got, and that's going to be what Hopkins thinks he is due. Texans can pick up a solid WR with the 8th pick in the second round.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You have to believe that Hopkins was going to hold out. O'Brien can't listen to all the dumb chatter now, saying "we would have given you $100000000 for him and three first round picks, and shined your shoes for you too."

He's not completely wrong to think really hard about paying a wide receiver 20 million dollars a year for five years. The guy touches the ball seven or eight times a game. That's what Michael Thomas just got, and that's going to be what Hopkins thinks he is due. Texans can pick up a solid WR with the 8th pick in the second round.

But as others have pointed out, the Cardinals can do that and add more years and spread the guaranteed money over 5 years.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
Call me completely crazy, but if the Cards can trade back a little, recoup a 2nd day pick...and a WR is still BPA in the first, I might still take one.

Fitz is year to year. Kirk is ok. Isabella is not good right now, Butler is a complete unknown.

Right now we have Hopkins locked in as a #1, which is awesome, and much better than we were an hour ago.

It might not be completely crazy to lock up another potential game changer like Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs for 5 years on a pretty cheap contract if we don't think at least 2 of those guys I listed above are going to really step up their game.

By the time Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs is ready for a new deal, Fitz is retired and Hopkins is 32....but KM is just 27 and still in his prime.

You're discounting the fact that rookie WR production is not usually high. AT LEAST ONE of those guys should have a lot more impact in 2020. With Fitz, DH, Kirk, and KK using more TE sets is WR a consideration in the draft? The answer is a resounding NO! NO! NO! KD can catch. Arnold can too. Why on earth spend a single pick at WR when this D is SUFFERING from lack of talent?

I guarantee in December and January you would HATE having neglected the front 7 on D.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Browns sitting at 10 really love Becton. If Becton is still there at 8, you make the trade with Cleveland. Move back 2 spots & probably get a 2nd rounder in return.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is. Now he just needs to sign a couple free agents, then stick to the PFF draft cheat sheet they have for us & we'll be fine lol.

Jordan Jenkins
Danny Shelton
The Browns sitting at 10 really love Becton. If Becton is still there at 8, you make the trade with Cleveland. Move back 2 spots & probably get a 2nd rounder in return.

Even the raiders being in love with Lamb or jeudy

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O’Brien must think he can rejuvenate DJ because 15 teams offer a 1st for Hopkins.
Hell, the Bills gave up a 1st, 5th, 6th, and 2021 4th for Diggs. Granted, Diggs will cost less to re-sign... but how in the world did Buffalo not offer more to the Texans for Hopkins than the Cardinals offered?!?

...dave

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Amazing trade......DeAndre Hopkins can make some unbelievable catches in tight coverage. I honestly didn't think anyone was thinking David Johnson had anything left.......but obviously there is one team, Houston, that did. This trade makes the possibility of a strong draft to beef up the defense and offensive line much easier. Still in shock.....though, I thought the Cards were stuck with DJ and his bloated contract.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazing trade......DeAndre Hopkins can make some unbelievable catches in tight coverage. I honestly didn't think anyone was thinking David Johnson had anything left.......but obviously there is one team, Houston, that did. This trade makes the possibility of a strong draft to beef up the defense and offensive line much easier. Still in shock.....though, I thought the Cards were stuck with DJ and his bloated contract.

It remains to be seen what DJ has left, and we may end up being surprised, Granted, he seemed to be a poor fit in KK's system, but what really bothered me was his inability to block in the backfield. That was the one area that he was bad at from day 1. My biggest concern is that trades that appear to be lopsided for one team, end up being so for the other. Let's hope that's not the case, because this one is a head scratcher for the Texans. For now, we have to be thrilled!!

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It remains to be seen what DJ has left, and we may end up being surprised, Granted, he seemed to be a poor fit in KK's system, but what really bothered me was his inability to block in the backfield. That was the one area that he was bad at from day 1. My biggest concern is that trades that appear to be lopsided for one team, end up being so for the other. Let's hope that's not the case, because this one is a head scratcher for the Texans. For now, we have to be thrilled!!

Unless DJ lights it up and the second round pick is a gem, we win this trade. Hopkins is on track for the HOF.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Have we ever been fleeced in a trade since Keim took over? I am no big Keim fan and his drafting needs serious improvement and he has given out his share of bad contracts but he just seems to win when dealing with other GMs. Even trades that don't work out (Gilbert last year) it was for a late round pick anyway so I wouldn't call it a fleecing.

Last trade I can think of where we seriously overpaid was for Kevin Kolb and that was during Rod Graves time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard