Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

“The Book of Boba Fett” will be set within the timeline of “The Mandalorian.”

The series will debut in Dec. 2021, and is currently in production. This means the spinoff will come out well before season 3 of “The Mandalorian.”

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BoBF is currently in production for a December 2021 debut. Mando season 3 is in preproduction and will go into production after BoBF.

(IMO, Boba is absolutely the most overhyped character in the GFFA and the attempted retroactive baddassery in Mando season 2 does nothing to change my opinion)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Yeah I never understood the love for Fett. That said, if it’s from the show runners for Mando, I’ll watch it.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just didn't get the love for him, and he really didn't do anything. Plus, he was a bad guy and IMO not an anti-hero just a bad guy.

That said, I watched the Mandalorian Gallery episode for season 2 and they had a little blurb on Boba's return and Temuera. Apparently they incorporated his Maori movements into his fighting and even showed him doing a bit of a haka in his Boba costume and I have to say that was really cool.

I'll try it, and more Ming-Na Wen is always good.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I just didn't get the love for him, and he really didn't do anything. Plus, he was a bad guy and IMO not an anti-hero just a bad guy.

That said, I watched the Mandalorian Gallery episode for season 2 and they had a little blurb on Boba's return and Temuera. Apparently they incorporated his Maori movements into his fighting and even showed him doing a bit of a haka in his Boba costume and I have to say that was really cool.

I'll try it, and more Ming-Na Wen is always good.

I never got the love either. His outfit was cool in Empire but I never got the cult status of him. He was a bad guy in the OT due to going after our heroes but I think overall he's been more grey. Mando is a bit grey too. They're bounty hunters and are going to where the bounty is. They're not really for the good guys or the bad guys.

And Ming-Na is amazing. I still can't believe that she's not 57. If only when I get to that age. Or better yet who I'm dating/married to at that age. ;). She's a geek too which is great too and really wants these rolls. She even had pictures on her twitter from I think 2014 of her cosplaying as slave Leia. :notworthy:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So this premiered yesterday and Cobra Kai comes out tomorrow. BIG week.

Heavy nostalgia on the Boba Fett show. Explains things from Return of the Jedi.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hopefully this show gets better. I found the first episode to be really bad. Boba Fett wasn't acting like Boba Fett, they're neutering him. Fett is a bad guy, he had the balls to stand up to and back talk to Vader. That's not the guy in the show.

The action sequences weren't good either (what was that fight with the shields???). It felt like they said "we'll give them a bunch of fan service and that will sate them." I'm really surprised Favreau wrote this.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hopefully this show gets better. I found the first episode to be really bad. Boba Fett wasn't acting like Boba Fett, they're neutering him. Fett is a bad guy, he had the balls to stand up to and back talk to Vader. That's not the guy in the show.

The action sequences weren't good either (what was that fight with the shields???). It felt like they said "we'll give them a bunch of fan service and that will sate them." I'm really surprised Favreau wrote this.
How exactly is Boba Fett supposed to act? In the original trilogy he basically did nothing. He is definitely one of those characters that is well liked but he doesn’t really do much in the universe other than look cool.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
How exactly is Boba Fett supposed to act? In the original trilogy he basically did nothing. He is definitely one of those characters that is well liked but he doesn’t really do much in the universe other than look cool.
He's supposed to be a bad guy, not this good guy or grey area guy that they did in E1. He was one of the baddest bounty hunters around in Empire. Remember he was the one that Vader directed the "I want them alive, no disintegrations" at. Then he has the guts to talk back and challenge Vader during the carbonite scene. That guy is not who we saw in E1.

To me it looks like Disney is watering down his bad guy aspect because he's the lead. This needs to be more like Breaking Bad where the bad guy is the star of the show. That is not something the Mouse is used to doing.

I'm also having a little trouble with Temuera Morrison playing him right now. Temuera is great but he just turned 61. Boba was only 37 in Jedi when he fell into the Sarlac Pit. That's a huge age gap. While we don't know how long he was in the pit, The Mandalorian took place about 5 years after it. So he should be about 41 or 42 at max. I know this is a nitpick but I've been a SW nerd for 40 years. :)

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I'm also having a little trouble with Temuera Morrison playing him right now. Temuera is great but he just turned 61. Boba was only 37 in Jedi when he fell into the Sarlac Pit. That's a huge age gap. While we don't know how long he was in the pit, The Mandalorian took place about 5 years after it. So he should be about 41 or 42 at max. I know this is a nitpick but I've been a SW nerd for 40 years. :)

This was actually my biggest problem with it (although I liked it more than you seemed to). Boba moves and fights like a 61 year old and it just seems awkward.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Episode 5 is a Mandalorian episode and is absolutely fantastic. I think it’s one of the better Star Wars tv episodes in any series.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Episode 5 is a Mandalorian episode and is absolutely fantastic. I think it’s one of the better Star Wars tv episodes in any series.
Maybe I'll give it a shot then. I gave up on the show after episode 3. I pretty much hated what they did in them and wrote the show off. That chase scene with the scooty-puff jr crew was the straw that broke the Bantha's back.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe I'll give it a shot then. I gave up on the show after episode 3. I pretty much hated what they did in them and wrote the show off. That chase scene with the scooty-puff jr crew was the straw that broke the Bantha's back.
This latest episode also serves as a prequel to season 3 of Mandalorian. So if you plan to watch that show you pretty much need to see this ep.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This latest episode also serves as a prequel to season 3 of Mandalorian. So if you plan to watch that show you pretty much need to see this ep.
I ended up watching it and it was a good episode, definitely the best of the series.

I wish they'd lay of the memberries a little though or at least do them better. I mean, really, a naboo starfighter for a bounty hunter? That's a one seater. Not really practical. There's a reason Fett has Slave I and Mando had a Razor Crest. I don't use my Porsche when I go pick up lumber, I use my truck.

Filoni had to get his furry fetish in too. Making Jawas furry is new. They hadn't been described that way before.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not as good as the Mandalorian but I am still really enjoying the show. I love what they did with the Tuskens and the Mandalorian episode was a bit odd in that it was mostly felt like an episode of that show. It was damn good though. Can't wait to see how the rest plays out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG. Unbelievable episode. Soooooo unreal what they can do with CGI. Also, another animation character is now part of the verse. So much awesome. They are bringing it all together.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good episode but they should start calling the show “Book Of Anyone But Boba Fett”. too much of some stuff lessens the impact.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good episode but too much of some stuff lessens the impact.
To me if felt like the last episode was just the appetizer. I loved it. Plus it allowed Shamook to show off his skills after Lucasfilm hired him. I knew this was coming. You don’t hire a YouTuber FX guy who showed up your studio not to have him doing something special. For the first time I feel like you can actually pull this off for an entire episode. Huge accomplishment.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me if felt like the last episode was just the appetizer. I loved it. Plus it allowed Shamook to show off his skills after Lucasfilm hired him. I knew this was coming. You don’t hire a YouTuber FX guy who showed up your studio not to have him doing something special. Loved it. For the first time I feel like you can actually pull this off for an entire episode. Huge accomplishment.
I disagree. The voice aspect for me is really jarring. Sounded like the character was on Valium the entire time. There was a reason they kept cutting away on his dialogue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose