Star Wars: Andor (Disney+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Pivoting off 2016’s Rogue One: A Star Wars story, Diego Luna is back with Andor.

With Tony Gilroy running the show, the 12-episode series will debut in 2022.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks good. This looks Star Wars. Can't wait for Disney to f it up.

Spoiler alert: He dies.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks really good. Thing to note the series release date was delayed and will now premiere on September 21st.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just watched the 9 minute thing on Disney+ and not only was it awesome, but it sent excited shivers down my spine.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So watched the first 3 episodes and I know why they released 3 at once. This show has a slow burn through the first 3 episodes. I think had they spread this out over 3 weeks fans would be really pissed off and be complaining how boring the show is. I think it has potential and it definitely felt like the first 3 episodes were setup episodes for what is to come.

I hope so at least. The cast is really strong, and this looks really expensive. I am hoping this series rounds out to be great.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So watched the first 3 episodes and I know why they released 3 at once. This show has a slow burn through the first 3 episodes. I think had they spread this out over 3 weeks fans would be really pissed off and be complaining how boring the show is. I think it has potential and it definitely felt like the first 3 episodes were setup episodes for what is to come.

I hope so at least. The cast is really strong, and this looks really expensive. I am hoping this series rounds out to be great.
Yeah… I’m 2 episodes in and got same feeling you did.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The first 3 episode definitely appear to be a table setter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… first three basically told two origin stories… how Andor got to where he was and how he got to where he was going. The mirror flashback structure was done well, but prob could have been done in 70 minutes rather than 110.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night's episode is not helping. The entire episode felt redundant. Rehashing they don't trust the new guy, rehashing they have a plan that hinges on everyone working together, rehashing the other characters are playing game while pretending to be who they are not. I mean that episode didn't really move the needle at all. The pace needs to seriously pick up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night's episode is not helping. The entire episode felt redundant. Rehashing they don't trust the new guy, rehashing they have a plan that hinges on everyone working together, rehashing the other characters are playing game while pretending to be who they are not. I mean that episode didn't really move the needle at all. The pace needs to seriously pick up.
Yeah… this feels like it’s starting to move at a glacial pace.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show rocks.

Hell of a freaking payoff in Episode 6. There was one thing I saw coming a mile away, but loved how it was handled after.

Also, Diego Luna rules. By the end of this show, Andor is going to be one of the most beloved/biggest badasses in Star Wars history.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show rocks.

Hell of a freaking payoff in Episode 6. There was one thing I saw coming a mile away, but loved how it was handled after.

Also, Diego Luna rules. By the end of this show, Andor is going to be one of the most beloved/biggest badasses in Star Wars history.
Thank God for this episode. If there was one more episode of "camping" it would have suffered from the forest walking episodes a la Walking Dead. Thank goodness we didn't see any more I live with mommy eating cereal scenes either. I still think the show as a pacing problem, but it seems like every 3rd episode is where they move it along. They also released multiple episodes out of the gate on purpose because it would have been mind-numbingly boring out of the gate.

The acting is amazing on the show though and so is the premise. Seeing how the rebellion got its legs is awesome. I think they could have covered the same ground with at least 2 less episodes and we wouldn't have missed a thing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way this show is being overlooked is criminal. Not only is it the single best TV show of the year, it is without a doubt, the best Star Wars ANYTHING in over 40 years.

For me, it’s ANH/EMPIRE toss up… then this. The writing is SO DAMN GOOD. The stakes are super high. The action set pieces are grand and well thought out. The political intrigue is fascinating.

Incredible work by Tony Gilroy and his staff. It’s the grittiest, surface level look at Star Wars and the true cruelty of the empire ever put on screen and the forces of good (all shades of it) just starting to fight against it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just started watching it last night. They establish the grittiness right off.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just started watching it last night. They establish the grittiness right off.
It just levels up from there.

They do a GREAT job of making almost mini-movies… 3 or 4 episode chunks that have beginning, middle and an end that is balls to the wall spectacular action and emotion.

In a dream world, Gilroy would be allowed to make rhe prequel trilogy. It would be g-damn incredible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But it’s missing really important elements to make it Star Wars. There are like ZERO aliens and the only robot is andors moms and plays no role.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These last 3 prison episodes have been pretty damn good. However, it does need more "Star Wars". That would be icing on the cake.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fantastic show, easily the best Star Wars show out there. Mandalorian has more Star Wars nostalgia but this show is not only a good Star Wars show, it's a good TV show period. Showing the politics while giving Mon Mothma an actual arc is brilliant. A lot of unanswered questions, but it is so interesting to see how the rebellion started -- the show isn't just about Andor, and his place in the universe has yet to be where it was in Rogue One, but definitely all in on Season 2, which is inevitable.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The show was starting to worry me until the prison episodes. It has been a mixed bag in terms of pacing but it's nicely recovering. Still think Mandalorian and Obi Wan is better but this series has an entire season to go to fix those pacing problems. Also, interesting irony. The very thing he helped build in prison is the thing that ends up killing Andor in Rogue One.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose