Stanford @ Arizona

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wildcats winning in the 1st qtr.. 0-3... yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

:D

Gotta brag when we can ..

:D

HooverDam

Reaction score
"Fire Stoops" chant going on w/ 2 minutes to go.

I really hope UA lets him go at the end of this year. I'm not one of the ASU fans who wants UA to lose every game, I'd like them to get a real coach so that some day the ASU-UA rivalry can grow into something like the rivalries in the Southeast have been. I want the game to mean something every year (though of course I still want ASU to win the game by 50).

I suppose the only reason they won't fire him at this point is if a bunch of 'bigger' programs (i.e. Michigan) fire their coaches and UA thinks they'll get a bottom tier guy.

In the last two hires they've tried the hire a established coach (Mackovic) approach and the hire a coordinator from a big time program (Stoops) approach, so I wonder if this time they'll go for a Head coach from a smaller school, someone like Pat Hill.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this game is going to be the final nail in Stoops' coffin. I did not expect them to lose this game. I think the boosters will put a lot of pressure on Shelton.

By the way, Tuitama has to be the most overrated quarterback in the Pac-10 Plus, what in the world is no hands Johnson doing in the game?

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This really really sucks..

One of these days Ill have a football team (Cards/Cats) that actually wins something.. Cards are looking good this year, so.........

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
What a train wreck. Flippin' Bondzio sucks! If he could make a chip shot then the Cats probably beat New Mexico and Stanford.

Stoops and Livengood have to go. The school will lose much more money in lost ticket sales and lack of interest by keeping Stoops than firing him.

Livengood's record also speaks for itself.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap, I thought UofA was winning that one. I turned it to watch Illinois.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Was at the game, pathetic is the word that most accurately describes this performance. Stanford has very few quality BCS-caliber playes, but they play smart and are extremely organized and well-coached. Arizona on the other hand is the complete opposite.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was at the game, pathetic is the word that most accurately describes this performance. Stanford has very few quality BCS-caliber playes, but they play smart and are extremely organized and well-coached. Arizona on the other hand is the complete opposite.

I used to be a big Tui fan but he definitely was overhyped.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Tui isn't very good, but the biggest problem with the program is Mike Stoops. His players don't like him and have essentially tuned him out. Nobody around the program seems to like him other than Jim Click and Jim Livengood. It's a disaster down there.

Four more games of Stoops and the Red-Blue game is next week. Onward and upward.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson