Spurs Game thread. 1/15/2012

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I will watch this one.. Even as a die hard fan I can't pull myself together.

I'll probably just tune in a radio station and have it as background noise while I browse the internet.

Go Suns!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm watching, but dont really have anything to say. :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the love of God, trade Nash somewhere else so he doesn't have to end his career playing for this shell of a team.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
for the love of God, trade Nash somewhere else so he doesn't have to end his career playing for this shell of a team.
I agree. Trade him to the Heat, let him win a championship, and then sign him back so he can officially retire as a Sun.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just dropped in to see what condition the Suns condition is in. Not good I'd say with Hill and Frye scoreless at halftime.

It's just to painful to watch so I guess I will follow the ESPN scoreboard and read the news.

It's sad, really.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good grief just when I think Robin Lopez cant get any more useless...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs win 102-91. Gortat and Nash had very good games. The Suns have four solid players in Nash, Gortat, Dudley and Morris. That's about it.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Spurs win 102-91. Gortat and Nash had very good games. The Suns have four solid players in Nash, Gortat, Dudley and Morris. That's about it.
Dudley is a solid bench player, but definitely not starter quality.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dudley is a solid bench player, but definitely not starter quality.

I would not argue that Dudley should not be a starter but he is a quality NBA player. As I pointed out, the Suns have only four quality NBA players as it stands today.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the game because I had to work, but it looks like I still had a more enjoyable experience.

Our nightmare upcoming schedule could easily put us at 5-15 at the end of the month. Surely that will be the tipping point.

Last edited:

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
Markieff and Gortat are the only players with some value right now. Dudley isnt starter material, but atleast he tries, follows up his mistakes, hustles.

Watched a quarter, the offense looked terrible. When Nash is on, they get decent shots, but none of them fall in. When Price is on, they dont get decent shots, and still none of them fall in. Only Nash can consistently shoot apparently.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Trade him to the Heat, let him win a championship, and then sign him back so he can officially retire as a Sun.

This is not a bad idea when Nash decides to retire. I think most every Suns fan would be happy to sign Nash to the minimum for one season so he can retire a Sun when his playing days are near over.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trade him to the Heat
Why does everyone seem to assume that trading Nash would actually be easy once he or the team decided to go that route? Even if you disregard that Nash said he won't request a trade and the team's reluctance to trade him, you have to think about the logistics. Very few teams would be willing to trade for Nash. Of those, almost all are over the cap if not over the LT, so they'd have to return close to what Nash is making ($12M) in salaries to make the trade work. Even if you agree to a trade that yields no real assets for Phoenix other than perhaps a late first round pick, a team like Miami or NY, for example, does not have enough expiring contracts to complete such a trade and the Suns will not and should not accept any deal that reduces their 2012 salary cap space unless those players are valuable.

And why would the Suns make the trade if they weren't getting anything of value in return? Trading Nash will mean a big revenue hit this season and perhaps future seasons as well depending on what they do this summer. Even if they get a late first round pick in return, would the amount of revenue lost be offset by the value of that pick? Wouldn't they be just better off financially keeping Nash and then perhaps buying a pick? Remember that this is Sarver we are talking about, and he will do whatever is best for the team financially.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Why does everyone seem to assume that trading Nash would actually be easy once he or the team decided to go that route? Even if you disregard that Nash said he won't request a trade and the team's reluctance to trade him, you have to think about the logistics. Very few teams would be willing to trade for Nash. Of those, almost all are over the cap if not over the LT, so they'd have to return close to what Nash is making ($12M) in salaries to make the trade work. Even if you agree to a trade that yields no real assets for Phoenix other than perhaps a late first round pick, a team like Miami or NY, for example, does not have enough expiring contracts to complete such a trade and the Suns will not and should not accept any deal that reduces their 2012 salary cap space unless those players are valuable.

And why would the Suns make the trade if they weren't getting anything of value in return? Trading Nash will mean a big revenue hit this season and perhaps future seasons as well depending on what they do this summer. Even if they get a late first round pick in return, would the amount of revenue lost be offset by the value of that pick? Wouldn't they be just better off financially keeping Nash and then perhaps buying a pick? Remember that this is Sarver we are talking about, and he will do whatever is best for the team financially.

Very good Take

If we were going to trade him we should have done it last year, when we decided not to sign Amare or before. We might have received something of value. We quite possibly could have got involved in the Melo trade and taken Billups while getting the Knicks 1st rounder and a player for Nash. We didn't so here we sit.

I can actually see Nash resigning with us next year depending on who we land in the draft and free agency. I doubt we will be able to get a PG any better than him this off season. If we do land a gem in the draft and a couple of legit playmakers via Free Agency, Phoenix might look pretty good to him, especially with his kids here in Phoenix.

I doubt he will end up in New York even though they appear to be odds on favorites. D'Antonni will not make it to next year and probably not the Alll Star break. I also highly doubt Nash would like to lace them up with Carmelo. He redefines the idea of Ball Stopper.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave