Sports Guy Podcast

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
The Sports Guy had Paul Shirley on his podcast today and had some interesting comments on the Suns.

Joe Johnson had a posse with him at all times and they rarely talked to anyone else.

The Suns don't let Amare bench press and lift some weights because he'd get too huge. What a freak.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sports Guy had Paul Shirley on his podcast today and had some interesting comments on the Suns.

Joe Johnson had a posse with him at all times and they rarely talked to anyone else.

The Suns don't let Amare bench press and lift some weights because he'd get too huge. What a freak.

Entourage!

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
if amare gets too big, it might slow him down..
and everyone knows that the suns want to
run, run, run, run, and run some more..

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Howard has one of the most impressive physiques in NBA history... it's amazing.

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys like Lebron and Howard have taken steroids. The off-season is not that long and they have made huge gains.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if these guys like Lebron and Howard have taken steroids. The off-season is not that long and they have made huge gains.

Lebron had a man's body when he was 17... you can't get that 'frame' unless it is genetic. I agree, he has put on some muscle, but a lot of that is frame. I can't remember what Howard looked like in the draft, but he looks imposing with his broad shoulders... sort of like Karl Malone.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dwight Howard out of highschool wasn't bigger than Amare in terms of muscle. He bulked up a lot after the draft something Amare could probably do as well if wanted, guess it isn't.

Delmon Young

Rookie
Reaction score
Howard has really broad shoulders, though. Everyone who saw his shoulders knew he would get huge with proper weight training.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I'm not saying James has taken steroids, but a 12-year-old can take them just as easily as an adult can.

Agree, however, I have never seen 'roids change your frame, just your body mass. Maybe my experience is limited, but from my vantage point, guys that I knew who took them got stronger and more muscle. Steroids didn't help to develop longer arms, wider shoulders, or grow taller.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Agree, however, I have never seen 'roids change your frame, just your body mass. Maybe my experience is limited, but from my vantage point, guys that I knew who took them got stronger and more muscle. Steroids didn't help to develop longer arms, wider shoulders, or grow taller.

Yeah, but if you take them before puberty, who knows. I'm not claiming to know one way or the other, but it seems that anything is possible if you screw up your body chemistry during that period.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I think strength is not Amare's problem. If any, he has to too much strength which he can't properly control yet for defense. On offense what he has is already more than enough to overpower everybody in the league.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but if you take them before puberty, who knows.

Steroids affecting puberty? I think the Eastern Bloc proved it does not hinder or alter the normal growth process at all. They're women didn't look any different than before.

You must be registered for see images

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Amare changed his diet and does not eat red meat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn