Reaction score
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Release date: December 14, 2018
Studio: Sony Pictures Animation
Director: Bob Persichetti
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Phil Lord
Genre: Action, Animation, Adventure

Starring: Shameik Moore, Liev Schreiber, Mahershala Ali, Brian Tyree Henry, Lily Tomlin, Hailee Steinfeld, Jake Johnson, Nicolas Cage, Luna Lauren Velez, Kimiko Glenn, John Mulaney

Plot Summary: Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind "The Lego Movie" bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask.. Jake Johnson is Peter Parker, Shameik Moore will voice Miles Morales, and Liev Schreiber will voice a mystery villain. Cage will voice Spider-Man Noir, an alternate Spider-Man from the 1930s. Kimiko Glenn as SP//dr aka Peni Parker; John Mulaney as Spider-Ham.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was super-skeptical asking myself why the hell an animated Spidey was even necessary and thinking it was just Spiderman overkill when seeing the trailers. The only reason I was giving this even half a chance were because of Lord And Miller's involvement and I'm here to tell you it's...

FREAKING AMAZING.

Probably tied for my favorite movie of the year alongside A Star Is Born.

Everything about this was aces. The story, action and humor fired on all cylinders... the personal stakes real (and at times REALLY dark) and the visuals which bugged the crap out of me in the trailers, ended up being the cherry on top, just blowing out a this massive quasi-hallucinogenic burst of the creativity on screen.

Can't recommend this enough.

And back to Lord and Miller for a moment. Those guys working as producers/directors/writers can do no wrong taking existing material and putting a spin on it that no one could see coming. From The Lego Movie, to Last Man On Earth to the Jump Street movies, they continually take material or subject matter that either feels completely played out or looks like it could be really shaky or completely pointless and find a spin on it that makes it feel as fresh as any original content out there. And it's for that reason, that I think it's a crime against Star Wars that they got fired from Solo. The finished product was EXACTLY what people feared a reboot would be, checking off boxes, pat action sequences... in other words, warmed up leftovers and I think whatever those guys were probably doing was making Solo fresh and different and that scared the piss out of Disney. Shame. I bet their version would have been pretty fascinating.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter and her boyfriend loved this, too. Said it was absolutely amazing (HA!) and one of their favorite movies EVER, let alone best Spidey movie ever. I'm interested. Hadn't even heard of it prior to them seeing it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am shocked to say that I walked out of this flick mesmerized. I loved it. I did NOT expect to even enjoy it. I knew I had to go because our 7 year old wanted to see it. To a certain degree I feel as if it was like nothing I’ve ever seen. The story was solid. The message was terrific (particularly in an age where kids see so much awful messaging). The music was great. And visually just - well - I don’t want to set up people’s expectations - but it wasn’t just a cartoon which is what I expected. I swept away and can’t wait to see it again. So shocked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw it with Ouch and the fam for a second time today. It's awesome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seriously... I'll bump this again just to get some of you guys to pay attention! it's that good and visually that worth seeing in the theaters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose