Something must be wrong....

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

I hope there is something wrong with Randy. This is just plain ridiculous. No reason he should get rocked like that. Think back to his last starts--Post season last year= Lit up, Spring Training=Not great, Season so far=Not good at all. Notice a trend? I hope that he gets this straghtened out. For the team to see their leader and guy who has carried them for the last 4 years get lit up like this has to take the air out of them.

adam
________
Easy vape digital not working

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Brewers put up a five spot on the D'backs....against Johnson.....In Phoenix!?!?

In a way I was coming on to post a very similar thread except I was wondering if Johnson is actually injured. I mean he looked all out of sorts mechanics wise...and I don't mean out of rhythym. Also, when he was pitching from the stretch and he was taking the signs he seemed all hunched over wierd...I cannot recall if he was always that hunched over.

At one point Lyons said Randy's stride was much shorter...which is indicative of tiredness or sometimes compensation for an injury. I don't profess to be a great analyst of pitching but something defenitely seems very wrong here...and it isn;t even MIL hanging 10 runs on him. Those kinds of games happen. It just seems like something is wrong.

AZZenny

Reaction score
We thought the same thing - three of us said almost in unison - "Is his back hurting/something looks off with his set-up physically/he looks unwell." He had no control. BTW, he looked fine early in ST, but seemed less in control as the weeks went along.

To think that was our best offensive showing thus far. Phew. What the hell was Womack doing batting in the late innings, not to mention in leadoff, at all, ever? And Finley and Junior both need to sit down and take a valium. WhackHackWhiff. I actually thought for the first time Danny looked like he was connecting a tiny bit better. (The guy I was with said, "Wow - you really are scrounging for teeny scraps of positive trends, aren't you?!")

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
at least overbay seems to be on his game. and gonzo! look at him go! matty is doing okay, i think, at least more than i expected from him. the bullpen looks okay too. it's just womack and the starting pitching that bothers me. geez, i wish brenly would be a manager for once and force randy to have a checkup or something. everyone knows he'd be the last to admit he's hurting. geez, i really feel for the guy. he was even railing at the umpire. it just wasn't randy at all. i hope he gets better.

Moose Lady

Veteran
Reaction score
FWIW, the ump sought out Randy, not Randy going to him. Wonder what it was all about although you could see Randy was very upset, (and I don't blame him) that Ump was horrible. I have a friend that sits right behind home plate and she told me every time the ump squatted down behind Moeller he couldn't possibly see over him. And I saw him one time actually have his head turned away when the pitch came in!!!!!!!!! I know he's one of the umpires that have been around for quite some time, but jeez man, I think he forgot just how to umpire a game. What a farce.

DbaxJ

I was lost but now I'm found
Reaction score
I was noticing that too. Being a former catcher the one thing I hated was an ump that not only wasnt consistent, but would get so close to me that it felt like we were gonna be showering at the end of the game together. Nothing more distracting than having the blue put his hand on your sides or back as you are waiting for that pitch to come in. That ump last night was definetly not on his game either, but being the final word, there is not much you can do about it. RJ was pissed.. Chad had to assist him off the field before it got too heated.

One thing I was thinking is last year when things were not so good, it took a nice brawl to set things straight.. so either BB should have kept harping between innings last night and got himself tossed... or someone needs to plunk someone and get it on!!!!