Somers: Cards should fire Keim and Kliff

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff is what he is & he's never gonna change & that's fine but Steve Keim is a terrible GM that's only good at one thing, trades. He's horrible at drafting & signing players & that's the main problem with this team. A competent GM would have this team competing for a playoff spot right now, regardless of Kliff. That being said, Kent Somers is 100% right, they both need to go now.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff is what he is & he's never gonna change & that's fine but Steve Keim is a terrible GM that's only good at one thing, trades. He's horrible at drafting & signing players & that's the main problem with this team. A competent GM would have this team competing for a playoff spot right now, regardless of Kliff. That being said, Kent Somers is 100% right, they both need to go now.
Kiems awful, but Kliffys done literally nothing to keep his job.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think roster is 85% of winning in the NFL

a good coach can squeeze a few more games out of a bad roster, but thats it.

so Keim has to go. His roster building is upside down -- and his teams are so brittle.

Kliff has to go -- not because of his scheme (which is fine) or his play calling.

The biggest reason he has to go is the standards he sets for the team.

Example 1: Two first down plays vs NE were negated due to illegal shift penalties from Hop and then Hollywood.

That is a pure lack of attention to detail -- from two of your best players.

Example 2: Points were lost on a good drive vs Sea game 1 when Kyler fumbled on a first down scramble because he was carrying the ball loosely. Ok -- bummer, things happen and THATS A COACHING POINT.

But then it happened again in SEA game 2 (two weeks later!), also costing the team points.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Change trades from "is" to "was". His trades for the last year have sucked. It doesn't help that he was making them as panic moves to fill in holes at the last minute due to his poor drafting and FA.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m conflicted on Kingsbury. He hasn’t acquired the talent, only plays who the GM makes available to him. The Cards have a terrible O-line, terrible D-line, terrible defensive backfield. I’m not sold on the quarterback, running back and some of the wideouts. So I don’t know if Kliff is doing the best he can with what he has. But, I’m convinced the GM must go. He’s the architect of the franchise and it’s falling apart. He has to be held accountable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard