Some thoughts on cooking

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Great stuff Dave...totally agree with your thoughts on whether or not something is "authentic" and plating. Like you, I feel that flavor is more important than artistic merit, and appreciate your dedication to continually improving your food and using your senses.

Well worth the read.

Reaction score
Great article schutd. I love to cook also but mostly meat. I generally look at a recipe & get the gist of it & do my own thing. This quote " I finally realized that I got as much pleasure from watching people eat my food as I did from eating it myself" is something I find myself doing as well.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I blame and love Mulli for the blessing/curse that is Portillos.

I got a full on habit now, I work about a mile and a half away. I too blame Mulli or whoever, because I would have just driven my hippie ass right by the place and wouldn't have even known. Straight crack and you can bounce around the menu, no stuck on one favorite order, it's all good!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was both fun and very difficult to write. Not because Im nervous to share my thoughts, I got plenty of ego. But Im also not a very good writer! Thanks for the kind words, all!