So, we're picking 3rd....

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is pretty much how I see the top playing out with either the Colts or Panthers trading up to #1 depending on how much the Bears want Carter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much how I see the top playing out with either the Colts or Panthers trading up to #1 depending on how much the Bears want Carter.

I was looking at a Colts site yesterday and FWIW their fans think if Saturday is the coach they're taking Levis, apparently Saturday likes him. But nobody has any idea if Saturday is going to get the job they're looking at all the same guys we will be for HC other than presumably Reich.

The Colts are one of if not the most intriguing job. Get a QB and they have 3 really good Wr's, one of the best RB's in the NFL(if healthy), a good OL(if healthy) and a pretty good defense. That team was both dragged down by lack of QB and frankly IMO tanking at the end. That's a team that could easily be a playoff team next year with good QB play if they get the right QB(albeit a rookie).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
This would be the way to go if we have to give up compensation for Payton. We can give a 2024 #1 pick.
We’d have 12, 33, 35, 67. We could also trade one of those #1 picks to move back up into the first round.
Let’s not fall in love thinking one player is going to turn this roster around. We will not get better bringing Payton in here and giving up a slew of picks this year. I don’t think Payton would want that either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

People assuming Bryce Young is going #1 could be in for a rude awakening. His physical stature is gong to be an issue for several teams.

He is very Mac Jones esque

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was looking at a Colts site yesterday and FWIW their fans think if Saturday is the coach they're taking Levis, apparently Saturday likes him. But nobody has any idea if Saturday is going to get the job they're looking at all the same guys we will be for HC other than presumably Reich.

The Colts are one of if not the most intriguing job. Get a QB and they have 3 really good Wr's, one of the best RB's in the NFL(if healthy), a good OL(if healthy) and a pretty good defense. That team was both dragged down by lack of QB and frankly IMO tanking at the end. That's a team that could easily be a playoff team next year with good QB play if they get the right QB(albeit a rookie).
Colts WRs are pretty much replacement level other than Pittman.

The o-line was relatively healthy, they just played bad. Coaching? Something else? IDK

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People assuming Bryce Young is going #1 could be in for a rude awakening. His physical stature is gong to be an issue for several teams.

He is very Mac Jones esque

He's better than Mac Jones but yes he's very slight, it's going to concern NFL teams. he also doesn't have a great arm, he's very good, and the same arm arguments were made about Burrow and he's certainly played great, but Young does have issues.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The o-line was relatively healthy, they just played bad. Coaching? Something else? IDK

Parris Campbell and Alec Pierce are both young, up and coming good WR's. Given their QB issues it's hard to evaluate their WR's but those guys IMO are both legit. I also really like their TE Woods.

Campbell's first 3 seasons were derailed by injuries and Covid, finally was healthy this year.

I followed them all year because I had Taylor on my fantasy team, was a very obvious example of how important a QB is.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parris Campbell and Alec Pierce are both young, up and coming good WR's. Given their QB issues it's hard to evaluate their WR's but those guys IMO are both legit. I also really like their TE Woods.

Campbell's first 3 seasons were derailed by injuries and Covid, finally was healthy this year.

I followed them all year because I had Taylor on my fantasy team, was a very obvious example of how important a QB is.
Poor guys, they just got the wide receiver kiss of death

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah their O line isn't what it was. They lost Castanzo a while back and Glowinski this year and Raimann and Fries have been poor.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

If we use our pick, I would not be unhappy with this. I would be excited to see this kid take the field! That first NFL game would be the most excited I will have felt about Cards opening a season in a while. I think a lot of us felt apprehensive about this season.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

As shocking as it seems the Panthers are considering keeping Wilks. The players like him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose