so..three teams..3 qbs.. who gets which one?

pinnacle

Reaction score
unless someone (like us or baltimore) decides to go with the mccown's of the world or go sign backup types that become starters (collins or bauman)..looks like there are 3 qbs circulating between 3 teams:

Blake, Stewart, griese

baltimore, chicago, cardinals

wow..these 3 qbs could win awards for most questions marks... but I hope the cardinals get griese..but we probably will not want to wait until june - which means we will probably not get him..looks like kordell will be in chicago..

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blake, Stewart, griese

I'm going out on a limb.

Cards will sign Kordell.

Blake will kiss and make up with Billick and return to Baltimore

The Bears will wind up with some guy we never thought of

Griese will wind up in Seattle.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are also rumors that Griese could surplant Feidler as the starter in Miami. Maybe those are just 'cause of his dad, though.

Who knows, but it would be a nice change of pace to have someone in here as accurate as Griese.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chicago gets Stewart
Arizona gets Blake
Baltimore gets Griese

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
hasselback in my opinion will be the man in seattle..no starting job available there..

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Blake, Stewart, griese

I'm going out on a limb.

Cards will sign Kordell.

Blake will kiss and make up with Billick and return to Baltimore

The Bears will wind up with some guy we never thought of

Griese will wind up in Seattle.

Jeff I sure hope you are right about Stewart. We are in a world of hurt at the moment partner and it would make it a lot easier to sign a FA of any sort if we at least have a QB on board. Any free agent looking at a team without a QB who has ever started a game just is not going to come here unless he cannot get another offer. At this point I will tell Stewart you are the starter and overpay him until we get this ship upright. We are the Titanic at the moment and 5 of the water compartments are full. We just cannot afford to wait until June for a QB for the reasons you mentioned and the big impact it has on the ability to sign FA's.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff I sure hope you are right about Stewart. We are in a world of hurt at the moment partner
Well, John, your wish came true about Plummer (This may be proof-perfect of the old saying - "Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.").

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Jeff I sure hope you are right about Stewart. We are in a world of hurt at the moment partner
Well, John, your wish came true about Plummer (This may be proof-perfect of the old saying - "Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.").

Yes I am glad Plummer is gone. Management seems to think the same thing. I wonder why they even went through the motions of offering him a contract they knew he would not accept? He being gone will have no bearing on who we will sign. They will sign someone and whoever it is many will not like. I am still for taking Leftwich if he is there but will not cry if we could get one of the other top 4 QB's in round 2. I do not think any of us really have a clue about how management is thinking about addressing our QB needs long term. I sure do not. With the talk I hear coming out of management it seems they do think McCown has potential as they have discussed having him compete for the starting job. That is a bit scary to me but they look at him daily so we will see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA