OP
OP
MiamiHeat

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
It's a funny pic.. but Shaq didn't really jump ship.. he was traded. :p

looks like you don't know the story.

Snaq refused to play and demanded Pat Riley and Mickey Arison to buy out his contract. Screw the HEAT out of cash and assets. He tried to strong-arm the HEAT and threatened to be injured forever if they didn't comply because Mark Cuban wanted Snaq in Dallas. Mark Cuban told Snaq that they could win a championship with him but he needed to get the HEAT to buy him out.

So HEAT's response? Trade him to the fastest uptempo energetic team in the league. Get in shape or ruin your name. hahaha.

Snaq is a faker, loser. As A HEAT Fan, I can tell you firsthand that I now KNOW what the Lakers went through and what Kobe was talking about in that famous Gray interview. It is all true.

Snaq has diarrhea of the mouth.

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like you don't know the story.

Snaq refused to play and demanded Pat Riley and Mickey Arison to buy out his contract. Screw the HEAT out of cash and assets. He tried to strong-arm the HEAT and threatened to be injured forever if they didn't comply because Mark Cuban wanted Snaq in Dallas. Mark Cuban told Snaq that they could win a championship with him but he needed to get the HEAT to buy him out.

So HEAT's response? Trade him to the fastest uptempo energetic team in the league. Get in shape or ruin your name. hahaha.

Snaq is a faker, loser. As A HEAT Fan, I can tell you firsthand that I now KNOW what the Lakers went through and what Kobe was talking about in that famous Gray interview. It is all true.

Do you have any links to news stories backing up those claims? Not defending Shaq, I just hadnt seen that anywhere.

OP
OP
MiamiHeat

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
O'Neal was dealt Wednesday to Phoenix for forward Shawn Marion and guard Marcus Banks, the end game of an extended process that Arison said began once O'Neal's handlers tried to strong-arm the Heat for a significant buyout.

"That's what got this started," Arison said. O'Neal's agent, Perry Rogers, has not returned repeated phone messages left during the past week.

That initial contact about O'Neal, which came before the turn of the calendar, was from Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, leading to O'Neal's push to cash out while spending much of his time inactive.

Contrary to reports, the Mavericks never offered forward Josh Howard in the discussions between the teams, but did discuss other, lesser players.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheatnote11sbfeb11,0,3637095.story

It's all over google news. Surprised you hadn't heard it? Snaq is King of the Media. That's how he gets away with all his junk.

Oh yeah. Dallas never offered a significant package for Snaq. That was made up by Riley to facilitate the Suns trade.

OP
OP
MiamiHeat

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
Snaq also is so lazy he refuses to work out much during the HEAT/LAKER years.
Remember his comment after the Suns trade about how happy Snaq was when he saw the SUNS practice hours? He's lazy. Phil said it, Kobe said it, DWYANE WADE said it, and Riley saw it and it's been reported but Riley is too classy to involve himself in those things.

There was an incident that Snaq refused to work out for Riley during a practice. So Riley told Snaq to get off the court and Snaq openly refused and just sat there mocking Riley.

Believe it or not, that type of crap HURTS a team. He was basically a cancer in the locker room, he was telling his teammates he is PRAYING TO BE TRADED during the HEAT season. It's no wonder the HEAT are where they are.

Now that he's in a new land, it's all the same for Snaq. After Laker land and all the bad blood there, he went to MIAMI remember? Had another press conference all smiles and jokes and saying all the right things. He is going to try hard and stick it to those Lakers right? Well, that eventually wore off and he went back to his old ways.

Now he is out of MIAMI, and on to Suns-land. So he's back to saying all the right things. Why? Because he wants everyone to like him. He is VERY concerned everyday about his image in the media. He is a politician.

ANyway......... I -LIVE- in MIAMI so I know all of this stuff you don't know. Any other questions?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I'd doubt it...because I know a lot of this after the years of having him in LA. Just didn't see it that openly talked about.

It would not surprise me at all, he's a total politician.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was an incident that Snaq refused to work out for Riley during a practice. So Riley told Snaq to get off the court and Snaq openly refused and just sat there mocking Riley.

I do recall hearing about this, and I said "uh oh" because I know Riles doesn't put up with stuff for long.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Snaq has carefully cultivated his image through the media over the years, so that his happy-go-lucky, "gentle giant" persona is all anyone remembers.

Am I the only one who remembers Snaq demanding a trade after the 2004 Finals because he didn't want to play for another coach when Phil wasn't retained? Snaq forced his way out of L.A., but it all still somehow got dumped in Kobe's lap.

Most people remember it as a power play by Kobe because they don't like him, not because it really happened that way.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Snaq has carefully cultivated his image through the media over the years, so that his happy-go-lucky, "gentle giant" persona is all anyone remembers.

Am I the only one who remembers Snaq demanding a trade after the 2004 Finals because he didn't want to play for another coach when Phil wasn't retained? Snaq forced his way out of L.A., but it all still somehow got dumped in Kobe's lap.

Most people remember it as a power play by Kobe because they don't like him, not because it really happened that way.

Maybe if Shaq had raped somebody....

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait a minute.. I am no Shaq fan, but the initial claims in this thread are NOT supported by the article posted. All the article says is that Dallas called and were told no. Shaqs folks asked for a buyout. Nothing about he had personal contact with Cuban (against league rules), nothing about a refusal to play, nothing about a threat to stay injured. Looks like someones stretching the story to me.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

You're not the only one Renz. I remember before that incident, I was buying the Shaq story hook line and sinker. I thought he was the greatest guy and the perfect team mate, I even thought that maybe Kobe was the difficult one because he was such a young kid trying to bear the media label of "the next Jordan." After this incident though, I started to see Shaq in a different light. Don't get me wrong, I don't assume Kobe was the perfect team mate, I think he's far more mature now, but that whole incident was clearly caused by Shaq and pushed off on Kobe.

Maybe if Shaq had raped somebody....

{Edit} Comment removed, not worth it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MiamiHeat

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
Wait a minute.. I am no Shaq fan, but the initial claims in this thread are NOT supported by the article posted. All the article says is that Dallas called and were told no. Shaqs folks asked for a buyout. Nothing about he had personal contact with Cuban (against league rules), nothing about a refusal to play, nothing about a threat to stay injured. Looks like someones stretching the story to me.

it was said on the radio, it was reported in a few articles here in miami. i just showed you a google result, which already supports what i said. it doesn't say snaq 'asked for a buyout'. it says snaq strong-armed the heat for a buyout. the details on HOW he strong-armed the HEAT were made public. you want details and at the same time attack me and say i am lying, when i already proved most of it with the first link? go find it yourself, i just spent time out of my day to write about it and provide the initial links, and you are still calling me a liar?

run along now, child. i dont talk with children or morons.

Last edited:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it was said on the radio, it was reported in a few articles here in miami. i just showed you a google result, which already supports what i said. it doesn't say snaq 'asked for a buyout'. it says snaq strong-armed the heat for a buyout. the details on HOW he strong-armed the HEAT were made public. you want details and at the same time attack me and say i am lying, when i already proved most of it with the first link? go find it yourself, i just spent time out of my day to write about it and provide the initial links, and you are still calling me a liar?

run along now, child. i dont talk with children or morons.

:lmao:
I didn't call you anything, I said your "proof" didn't back your story. This post right here proves you're full of **** and shows you have a pattern of expanding on the facts. "Heard it on the radio".. you got nothin' but an overdramatised sense of reality.

Oh, and the Miami Heat suck! But it's all Shaqs fault right? :biglaugh:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and why wasn't Phil retained? Oh yeah, because Kobe wanted it that way. Come on Renz. Everything started and ended with Kobe's decision to opt-out. That move strong-armed everything the Lakers did there. Either you cow-towed to what he wanted (hated Phil and Shaq at that point) or he was gone.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
and why wasn't Phil retained? Oh yeah, because Kobe wanted it that way. Come on Renz. Everything started and ended with Kobe's decision to opt-out. That move strong-armed everything the Lakers did there. Either you cow-towed to what he wanted (hated Phil and Shaq at that point) or he was gone.

It is also well chronicled that Phil was burned out and Jerry Buss wasn't willing to pay him the money it would have taken to retain him.

But if you want to blame the whole breakup on Kobe, while giving Shaq, Phil and Buss a pass, go ahead.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Both are wrong.

It was a little bit of each of them...Buss included. Phil's machinations, Kobe's opt-out and Shaq's monetary demands all combined for one hell of a storm.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are wrong.

It was a little bit of each of them...Buss included. Phil's machinations, Kobe's opt-out and Shaq's monetary demands all combined for one hell of a storm.

eh, I can go with that, although I think the seeds were set when Kobe wouldn't sign the extension. Both Shaq and Kobe are babies of LEGENDARY proportions, not to mention self-entitlement freaks, which is why they're probably as talented as the superstars of the 80's/early 90's, but nowhere near as embraced, although Shaq is probably more so only because he's got that whole "gentle-giant" thing going on and he's been in movies like KAZAAM! You just can't hate a guy who's been a genie that much.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh, I can go with that, although I think the seeds were set when Kobe wouldn't sign the extension. Both Shaq and Kobe are babies of LEGENDARY proportions, not to mention self-entitlement freaks, which is why they're probably as talented as the superstars of the 80's/early 90's, but nowhere near as embraced, although Shaq is probably more so only because he's got that whole "gentle-giant" thing going on and he's been in movies like KAZAAM! You just can't hate a guy who's been a genie that much.

:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and can I just say that Snaq is just the lamest nickname of all time. I mean come on guys, call him Shaqueef or something good if you're gonna call him names. Snaq is just lame.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and can I just say that Snaq is just the lamest nickname of all time. I mean come on guys, call him Shaqueef or something good if you're gonna call him names. Snaq is just lame.

Get it? He's fat! ;)