Snap Counts Week 3

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A couple of thoughts:

1: Our 3rd S Chachere playing 60% of snaps is something. Our 3rd CB got 1 snap. Depth is an issue here.

2: Swaim getting more TE snaps than McBride is interesting. I have to wonder if his blocking is not as good as I thought it was.

3: Did not expect Dimukeje to have the most snaps for an EDGE player.
At corner it sure is since our top 2 corners aren't even good enough to be starters on any other team. They are trying but Marco especially is not up for the job.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know whether to be pleased they are getting a contribution out of Luketa or concerned it's more than Ojulari.

I'm going to assume Ojulari still behind after missing most of preseason.

I can see Luketa being the next Gardeck. Similar players, similar attitudes.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't know whether to be pleased they are getting a contribution out of Luketa or concerned it's more than Ojulari.

If Luketa can rush the passer, they need to make that change, because he's a YUGE liability in open field match ups.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa.

Boldin had over 200 yards and 2 Td's in his first game with Jeff Blake at QB.
I know. I was there. Boldin is one of my favorite Cards.

Michael Wilson runs routes with the same precision, has the size and hands to match, and is "football fast" like Q.

I am not saying this lightly.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Ertz, Moore, Swaim, Pascal, and McBride distribution is interesting. Seems like 11, 12, and 13 (maybe) personnel packages are preferred.
Prior to the draft coach talked about using 12 and 13 a lot. Looks like it wasn't coach speak.
Based on that.... I would say our goal is to have one pass catcher, one blocker, and one combo TE all capable of starting in the nfl... with ertz on the downside...we might need 2... McBride seems to ba an acceptable combo TE

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A couple of thoughts:

1: Our 3rd S Chachere playing 60% of snaps is something. Our 3rd CB got 1 snap. Depth is an issue here.
They have been using Thompson in the slot quite a bit it seems.
2: Swaim getting more TE snaps than McBride is interesting. I have to wonder if his blocking is not as good as I thought it was.
I'd guess it's because Swaim is a notable blocker.
3: Did not expect Dimukeje to have the most snaps for an EDGE player.
Dimukeje is having a solid year so far.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I know. I was there. Boldin is one of my favorite Cards.

Michael Wilson runs routes with the same precision, has the size and hands to match, and is "football fast" like Q.

I am not saying this lightly.
Lofty expectations.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said what I said.

Attachments

• a9e8968e59b987cc00de0f501a09dcea85-dojared.1x.rsquare.w1400.png
    a9e8968e59b987cc00de0f501a09dcea85-dojared.1x.rsquare.w1400.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Interesting that Colon and Wilkerson both got snaps at LG, and I recall Colon being highlighted in a positive way early in the broadcast. Anyone know/remember if Colon started/got injured/Wilkerson came in, vice versa, or if they rotated throughout the game?

Not that PFF grades are the end all be all, but Colon has an 85.9 in limited snaps compared to Wilkerson's awful 33.7 grade this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Don't draft Tight Ends high. Just don't. Live with mediocrity at the TE position and sign free agents.

These guys don't develop until their second deals. It's so dumb.
I think the smart play is to draft a size/speed guy around rounds 3-5 and do so almost every year until you find the next Jim Dray.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting that Colon and Wilkerson both got snaps at LG, and I recall Colon being highlighted in a positive way early in the broadcast. Anyone know/remember if Colon started/got injured/Wilkerson came in, vice versa, or if they rotated throughout the game?

Not that PFF grades are the end all be all, but Colon has an 85.9 in limited snaps compared to Wilkerson's awful 33.7 grade this year.

Colon played 2 full drives. Wilkinson the rest.

Marquise Hayes was crying on the sideline (probably).

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I definitely think Colon was being used so the coaches could see what they have in him...and to either light a fire under Wilkinson or replace him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the smart play is to draft a size/speed guy around rounds 3-5 and do so almost every year until you find the next Jim Dray.
100%. TEs, like off-ball linebackers, can also be core special teams players as they develop. You just have to be patient.

Especially because these guys don't develop until their second contract, you can get them underpriced into their prime.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Gardeck Is so much quicker then luketa, maybe u mean they are both full effort players

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Colon played 2 full drives. Wilkinson the rest.

Marquise Hayes was crying on the sideline (probably).
Kind of bizarre to start Colon (or use as early replacement), see him playing well, and then put in Wilkinson. I don't recall seeing something like that on the OL before.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kind of bizarre to start Colon (or use as early replacement), see him playing well, and then put in Wilkinson. I don't recall seeing something like that on the OL before.

Since he was claimed off waivers, doesn't he need to be on the active roster 4 weeks? Something like that?

We have 6 guys that were claimed off waivers at the same time - all currenty occupying a roster spot:
Trystan Colon-Castillo
Keith Ismael
K’Von Wallace
Starling Thomas
Ilm Manning
Elijah Higgins.

I think Colon and Wallace are the only ones that have seen minutes. It will be interesting to see what happens when they are eligible to be released. I'm thinking that's after 49er game?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Since he was claimed off waivers, doesn't he need to be on the active roster 4 weeks? Something like that?

We have 6 guys that were claimed off waivers at the same time - all currenty occupying a roster spot:
Trystan Colon-Castillo
Keith Ismael
K’Von Wallace
Starling Thomas
Ilm Manning
Elijah Higgins.

I think Colon and Wallace are the only ones that have seen minutes. It will be interesting to see what happens when they are eligible to be released. I'm thinking that's after 49er game?
I think that's practice squads you're thinking of.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

BJ is 21 and undersized at a position where we’re somewhat deep with quality players. I expect big things from him down the road based on a few explosive clips.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Trystan Colon-Castillo
Keith Ismael
K’Von Wallace
Starling Thomas
Ilm Manning
Elijah Higgins.

I'm surprised we haven't seen some movement on these myself yet.

Often you claim guys and they come in and just don't have what you thought and you move on. Maybe we got lucky and everyone here has.

But I'm surprised guys like Colon haven't been kicked to the PS and Hayes brought up. You would expect Hayes to be higher in the pecking order after a full camp.