Snakes on a Plane

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Pretty much what I expected. More comedy than action. I don't really think it is funny enough to become a cult film.

I thought the same...needed some more camp to really make it a classic. It was still pretty funny, but not as much as I personally wanted it to be.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Weekend estimates from Box Office Mojo:

1 Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Sony $14,100,000

2 Snakes on a Plane NL $13,850,000

3 World Trade Center Par. $10,800,000

4 Accepted Uni. $10,112,000

5 Step Up BV $9,867,000

6 Barnyard: The Original Party Animals Par. $7,489,000

7 Little Miss Sunshine FoxS $5,675,000

8 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest BV $5,012,000

9 Material Girls MGM $4,620,000

10 Pulse Dim. $3,528,000

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Shake n Bake baby!

$6.50 of that was me. (my friend and I always pay the student price - even though I've been out of school for about 8 years now) He has seen it three times now, so he has all the lines down pretty good now. The best part of repeating them is that you get to say them with a southern drawl.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
LOVED this movie!

I wait 3 days to see what jenna has to say about the flick and this is all I get?

:shrug:

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
abomb said:
I wait 3 days to see what jenna has to say about the flick and this is all I get?

:shrug:

• the title came on screen and everyone cheered in the theater
  • sam u l was marvelous, every line was gold.
  • the gratuitous sex scene was made worth it be the snakes on a nipple
  • towards the end when sam and keenan are trying to land the plane, TWICE sam gave keenan the best "you're a total idiot" grimace
  • everyone on the plane practically melting without the air conditioning but sam keeps his leather jacket on
  • sam never once being phased by a single snake, nonchalantly zapping them as he walks around
  • of course he finds a harpoon on board, why wouldn't he?
  • and, the icing... riding off into the proverbial sunset on a wave

i was worried that this movie would disappoint, but it totally didn't. also, it should be noted, i was totally sober when we went to see it.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
  • the title came on screen and everyone cheered in the theater
  • sam u l was marvelous, every line was gold.
  • the gratuitous sex scene was made worth it be the snakes on a nipple
  • towards the end when sam and keenan are trying to land the plane, TWICE sam gave keenan the best "you're a total idiot" grimace
  • everyone on the plane practically melting without the air conditioning but sam keeps his leather jacket on
  • sam never once being phased by a single snake, nonchalantly zapping them as he walks around
  • of course he finds a harpoon on board, why wouldn't he?
  • and, the icing... riding off into the proverbial sunset on a wave

i was worried that this movie would disappoint, but it totally didn't. also, it should be noted, i was totally sober when we went to see it.

LOL. I am sad to report that our theater had about 20 people in it at 6:45. We should have hit the 10pm show, everone knows Internetnerds dont get up until 5pm.

jenna2891

Reaction score
abomb said:
LOL. I am sad to report that our theater had about 20 people in it at 6:45. We should have hit the 10pm show, everone knows Internetnerds dont get up until 5pm.

i was at the 8:40 at arizona center. it wasn't full, but it was a good size crowd. the people that were there definitely seemed into, though.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
i was at the 8:40 at arizona center. it wasn't full, but it was a good size crowd. the people that were there definitely seemed into, though.

It should also be pointed out that D and I were NOT sober.

jenna2891

Reaction score
pranksters = d-dogg and abomb

Live Rattlesnakes Released In 'Snakes On A Plane' Theater

POSTED: 1:24 pm EDT August 22, 2006
UPDATED: 1:46 pm EDT August 22, 2006

Two live diamondback rattlesnakes were released in an Arizona movie theater during a showing of the new film "Snakes on a Plane," according to Local 6 News.

Authorities said pranksters released the young venomous rattlesnakes in a dark theater at the AMC Desert Ridge near Tatum and Loop 101 in Phoenix.

The two snakes caused a panic in the dark theater, according to the report.

"That to me is very scary," herpetological association representative Tom Whiting said. "I would hate to be watching a movie about snakes and have a rattlesnake bite me."

Wranglers were called to collect the snakes, the report said.

No one was injured in the incident and, so far, the culprits have not been caught.

Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theater in backpacks.

"This thing is under someone's chair and they go to sit and they just push your foot in the air and startle it -- obviously all they got to do is startle this thing," Phoenix Herpetological Society spokesman Daniel Marchand said. "It's dark. They can't see you, you know that well. If it's scared, boom it strikes."

The snakes were released into the desert.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Snakes in a theater' a hoax

Lindsey Collom
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 23, 2006 12:00 AM

Police say reports that rattlesnakes were let loose during a showing of Snakes on a Plane at a north Phoenix theater have taken moviegoers for a ride.

There is some shred of truth to the story, Phoenix police Sgt. Joel Tranter said. A 10-inch-long rattlesnake was found Friday in a hallway at AMC Desert Ridge 18, near Tatum Boulevard and Loop 101. But it likely slithered inside on its own, Tranter said.

A security guard swept the snake outside and held it in a container until a member of the Arizona Herpetological Association could take it away. Snake handlers had been called earlier in the day to retrieve a rattler from outside the theater.

An AMC spokeswoman told the news organization Reuters that the rumors were true, but Tranter has been refuting the story to news outlets from across the U.S.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was one of the dumbest movies that has come out in a long long time!!!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Great movie thread.

I just watched it. Not as ridiculous as I was expecting. I actually thought it was pretty funny.