Skyrim

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Smithing is fun.
What race and level are you guys sitting at? What are ya'll going for in terms of your approach and characteristics?
-I'm a lvl 49 Argonian. No worries about disease,love the underwater freedom of exploration and the histskin healing power has come in very handy.
-prefer the Light armor(Glass)....although early on i started putting into heavy,then moved to light.
-Archery and stealth is my specialty. Got both to 100 last night. Mainly roll with the epic Ebony bow of burning and exquisite Nightengale bow(30 points freeze and 15 pts shock dam) < beastly!
-2 handed weapons is secondary.
-other focused skills are smithing,lockpicking,enchantment,alchemy,speech and light armor.

Went away from the magic on this go around. Maybe on the next turn because after watching my daughter's mage character play thru early on....it looks easier and lots of fun :)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Smithing is fun.
What race and level are you guys sitting at? What are ya'll going for in terms of your approach and characteristics?
-I'm a lvl 49 Argonian. No worries about disease,love the underwater freedom of exploration and the histskin healing power has come in very handy.
-prefer the Light armor(Glass)....although early on i started putting into heavy,then moved to light.
-Archery and stealth is my specialty. Got both to 100 last night. Mainly roll with the epic Ebony bow of burning and exquisite Nightengale bow(30 points freeze and 15 pts shock dam) < beastly!
-2 handed weapons is secondary.
-other focused skills are smithing,lockpicking,enchantment,alchemy,speech and light armor.

Went away from the magic on this go around. Maybe on the next turn because after watching my daughter's mage character play thru early on....it looks easier and lots of fun :)

I went with the Imperial (lvl 46 I think). One-handed swords and magic. I have been trying to beef up my sneak/archery perks lately, just for fun. I think I've played 2 main missions in this game. I've just been doing all the side stuff and building up my wealth. I did construct a daedic bow and upgraded it to legendary status. That's better than any of the other bows I've found so far.

100 in one-handed and smithing. High 90's in light armor and lockpicking. Magical focus was on healing. My speech sucks. Need to work on that next.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Imperial (lvl 46 I think). One-handed swords and magic. I have been trying to beef up my sneak/archery perks lately, just for fun. I think I've played 2 main missions in this game. I've just been doing all the side stuff and building up my wealth. I did construct a daedic bow and upgraded it to legendary status. That's better than any of the other bows I've found so far.

100 in one-handed and smithing. High 90's in light armor and lockpicking. Magical focus was on healing. My speech sucks. Need to work on that next.
Nice :) what are some of the perks for the Imperial?
One-handed + blocking is fun too...some of those cut-scene power attacks are pretty awesome i must say.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Went with the Breaton 50% resistance to magic is nice. I'm only level 29 but my smithing is 100. Heavy armor is 52 and I have full dragon plate. Two handed is 76 and I'm rocking a Deadric warhammer and Deadric bow both up to legendary. I like being a tank. I'm currently working on alchemy. Poisoning my Deadric warhammer makes it almost extremely powerful.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I'm a level 61 Breton with fully upgraded Daedric armor. Still have not really begun the main quest.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Nice :) what are some of the perks for the Imperial?
One-handed + blocking is fun too...some of those cut-scene power attacks are pretty awesome i must say.

"Voice of the Emperor" lets you calm an attacker once a day.
The Imperial was pretty well-rounded. Strong in weapons and magic, especially healing. They also seem to find more coins than other races.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What could have been (may be) added to Skyrim

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome game no matter what. I am pissed right now. Have vampirism. Need to find alter or healing potion quickly. LOL.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What could have been (may be) added to Skyrim

Some cool stuff,that last one was crazy funny.

-For me the horses are worthless because you've got to dismount and unsheath your weapon to enter combat....WAY too tedious. Combat on horseback would be cool...but they'd have to get it right ala Red Dead Redemption.

-I liked the darker dungeons look there,and underground water flows would be a nice touch.

-Building a house on the edge of the Throat of the World,marrying a sexy inn keep and adopting a bratty kid would be fun....but then its too much like a SIMS game and you'd want even more choices i think....which would ultimately take the exploration out of it.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I like having vampirism. Made me much more powerful.

I became a werewolf instead. Barely use it though. I wish these types of powers had more of a downside to make you really think of it as a curse. As it is, it just makes the game easier for me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I became a werewolf instead. Barely use it though. I wish these types of powers had more of a downside to make you really think of it as a curse. As it is, it just makes the game easier for me.

I never use werewolf. I need to remove it. Didn't know you had to do it at the time when you removed the curse from the companion leader. Not having the rest bonus sucks. As many times as I had played the game, the ticker while the game loads never warned me that I would lose that until after I turned. Ugh.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I never use werewolf. I need to remove it. Didn't know you had to do it at the time when you removed the curse from the companion leader. Not having the rest bonus sucks. As many times as I had played the game, the ticker while the game loads never warned me that I would lose that until after I turned. Ugh.
There's a way to remove it at the end of another quest. I did. I agree it was annoying and overrrated....especially when you try to take on several NPC's at once and get pummeled....without having your skilled weapon(s) of choice.

If you wish to cure yourself of Lycanthropy, it is suggested that you do so immediately, before you leave the tomb. Otherwise, you will be required to cure two other Companions of their Lycanthropy before this option becomes available again. To cure yourself, throw another Glenmoril Witch Head into the fire. Your wolf spirit will emerge; kill it and you'll rid yourself of being a werewolf permanently. If Aela, Vilkas or Farkas are around, they will aid in the fight.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Glory_of_the_Dead

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
New DLC pack is available. Something about a vampire king wanting to destroy the sun...

I bought it but haven't played it yet. Too busy trying to finally finish Red Dead Redemption because I never bothered to get past Mexico on that game.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I got sucked into Skyrim something fierce back in December. I came back from a trip in the middle of the month and didnt have to be back to work until January. As a result I played Skyrim from 7am to midnight 7 days a week for 3 weeks straight. I never did that with any other video game.

I stopped playing once I went back to work and just got the Dawn Guard last week. I'm sucked right back in. Well worth the $20. My suggestion? Play two separate characters do you can do one as the Vampire Lord and one as the Dawn Guard. This game is so damn addicting.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finally completed all the achievement trophies at Lvl 67.

Thieves Guild completion was a pain in ass,and so was finding daedric artifacts.

I made a bunch of daggers and got my smithing up to 100 do I could create all my Daedric weapons. If you get the new DLC the Dragonbone weapons are freaking incredible. I have a legendary bow that does 98 damage and it's enchanted with an extra 29 point fire damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard