Sixers get Jimmy Butler for a six-pack of beer and some dirty socks

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No picks of value. Robert Covington and Saric. Bayless is negative value.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a spinoff from the trade with the Wolves sending us Tyus Jones. :)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty modest haul

One report I read said something like "they must be thinking extension to give up so many valuable assets"

I wonder if that analysis was pre-dressed and just not edited

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Minny had there back against the wall every team was lowballing them cause of the situation.

Decent haul. But not great

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'd say it was a win-win deal. Assuming the 76ers get a happy Jimmie Butler and Thibs doesn't get too snarky with either of his new assets. I could see Wiggins losing some PT as a result of the trade, making KAT happier and perhaps Thibs as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
time to lowball for Fultz, worth a gamble at this point if the cost is virtually nothing. Maybe he gets waived? I can't imagine Butler wanting to work with Fultz.

I know fultz has shown nothing this far but at this point the suns have something to gain.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
time to lowball for Fultz, worth a gamble at this point if the cost is virtually nothing. Maybe he gets waived? I can't imagine Butler wanting to work with Fultz.

I know fultz has shown nothing this far but at this point the suns have something to gain.

I'd make a move for him now with Bender and the Milwaukee pick. If they aren't willing to bite on that then maybe wait until we can move Ariza for him (with fillers, obviously).

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great the value for Jackson and Bender is prolly worth 2 honey buns and a kit kat

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I have concerns about Wall, but if the market value for Butler and Wall is similar, I think the Suns should do it.
I would expect the market to be lower for Wall, given the buyer's remorse they have with that massive contract he's got currently. Although I guess Butler's value was impacted by the fact that he could end up being just a rental.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How can this team, with our issues turn around trade for a young player who likely has issues between the ears. How many top-5 pick busts do we need? And this is coming from someone who was almost as high on Fultz as Slin.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can this team, with our issues turn around trade for a young player who likely has issues between the ears. How many top-5 pick busts do we need? And this is coming from someone who was almost as high on Fultz as Slin.

Things are so bad right now that desperation seems to be the word of the day (at least my word of the day). And this is coming from someone who thought Fultz was highly overrated in college. I want whatever, short of Wall, that it will take to move Booker back to his shooting guard role.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Things are so bad right now that desperation seems to be the word of the day (at least my word of the day). And this is coming from someone who thought Fultz was highly overrated in college. I want whatever, short of Wall, that it will take to move Booker back to his shooting guard role.

Why is everyone so down on Wall? He's been worse this year but still putting up good numbers. He needs to shut up. But hes an all nba point guard putting up 20 and 10, and a good defender. Tell me, what good has our cap space been in the last eight or so years? Wasnt Kyrie described as a malcontent when we couldve traded for him? For the love of Mary, take a shot on a star that's available.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

True that. Contrarily I’ve been trying to come around on Wall even though his contract is a disaster and his knees scare the crap out of me... but... I can’t deny the fact he’d be huge for Booker and Ayton on the court. If it wasn’t for his perceived lack of leadership I would probably be fully on board after another unwatchable loss.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That seems to happen a lot in the NBA, good teams seems to get better without having to give up much. Of course MIN had little leverage as Butler has done a lot of damage to that locker room.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What do you think is our equivalent of saric, Covington, Bayless, 2nd?

Depends on what Washington is looking for. I am guessing they'd want some expiring contracts and some youngsters.
Wall makes so much money that they would have to take Ariza or Anderson. I'd offer the Bucks' pick, JJ, Bender, and Daniels, and Anderson. I am guessing they'd want Ariza instead of Anderson.

Booker, Ayton, Warren, Bridges would be off limits. Probably Okobo too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True that. Contrarily I’ve been trying to come around on Wall even though his contract is a disaster and his knees scare the crap out of me... but... I can’t deny the fact he’d be huge for Booker and Ayton on the court. If it wasn’t for his perceived lack of leadership I would probably be fully on board after another unwatchable loss.

I'm so desperate I'd consider Wall if it weren't for the fact that all of his contract is still in the future. If he only had 2 years left I'd probably do the dumb thing and trade for him. But this season and then he starts his 5 year/207M deal, that's just too risky with his injury history. And that's not including the problems he has with his teammates, how do we survive someone like that with such a young squad?

All I really care about is getting Booker back to his natural position. Even when we've lost big, I could still enjoy watching him play and dreaming about our future. But with him buried in the PG position, I can't stand watching the games anymore and our future starts looking pretty sad too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone so down on Wall? He's been worse this year but still putting up good numbers. He needs to shut up. But hes an all nba point guard putting up 20 and 10, and a good defender. Tell me, what good has our cap space been in the last eight or so years? Wasnt Kyrie described as a malcontent when we couldve traded for him? For the love of Mary, take a shot on a star that's available.

Watch him play now and then watch him play 2 or 3 years ago when he was actually still good. Read the stories about his relationships with his teammates. Watch how poorly his team plays despite very high expectations (they're as bad as we are). Then, look at his age, the fact he's had 9 major injuries in his career and 3 knee procedures in the last few years. Remember the hell we went through with Amare and Eric's knee problems, add in his upcoming 207 million dollar contract and that will tell you why I'm so down on him. I'm not worried about saving cap space but that kind of money goes far beyond normal, only a prime Lebron should be taking up that much of your cap IMO.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
PG? It doesn't matter who you bring in here to play PG if you play D like they have this season (minus the Boston game). They are absolutely horrible. Basic fundamental rebounding is a foreign concept. They literally just stand and stare waiting for someone else to do it and then appear morbidly satisfied when the other team scores. It's madness.

What's the point in lamenting over what you don't have when the players you do have won't perform basic tasks that they are PERFECTLY CAPABLE of doing!?!... (Yes, I'm mad). They need to halt the regression on the current players before they invite someone else in here. That would just be plain mean to that poor guy.

Markelle Fultz? Seriously. Have you guys ever watched him play D... or O? I can't determine which is worse at this point. I mean the guy is stinkin' Chuck Knoblauch. Stay FAAAAAAAARRRRR away from that basket case. He didn't care in college, he sure doesn't look like he cares in the pros.

How in the world is John Wall going to take us to a championship? He puts up gaudy numbers, I'll give you that. But the dude has averaged 44 wins per year in the last 5 years... in the East. What will he win with this team... in the West? I get the attraction to him. I do. I've been lured across the fence on him multiple times. But John Wall is a lot like Russell Westbrook. At first glance you swear you're seeing a superstar, but upon closer examination you realize how hollow all those gaudy numbers are.

Yes, if we want to just win more games with little to no chance of winning a championship than bring in Wall. Might as well bring Westbrook and Harden too. It'll be entertaining... and hollow.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watch him play now and then watch him play 2 or 3 years ago when he was actually still good. Read the stories about his relationships with his teammates. Watch how poorly his team plays despite very high expectations (they're as bad as we are). Then, look at his age, the fact he's had 9 major injuries in his career and 3 knee procedures in the last few years. Remember the hell we went through with Amare and Eric's knee problems, add in his upcoming 207 million dollar contract and that will tell you why I'm so down on him. I'm not worried about saving cap space but that kind of money goes far beyond normal, only a prime Lebron should be taking up that much of your cap IMO.

These aren't micro-fracture career crippling surgeries we're talking about. These are arthroscopic clean-up surgeries. The type joe mixon came back in two weeks from. He's an all-nba player. Grab him at a discount while you still can, contract be damned. Capspace does us no good if no one wants to come here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson