Simply Cutting to The Chase...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get it Kliff may not be the guy. But Kliff is bound to GM who has so many whiffs on WRs, LBs, DBs in the draft and the GM is not even in the conversation to be on the hot seat. It is insane.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just saying the 2 guys you want to get rid of have scored more points than all but 7 teams. We have holes everywhere, this is not a great team and our offensive points are not the problem.

Don't be fooled... Our offense has been putrid the past couple of weeks. Kliffy and Kyler have been diagnosed and neutered by opposing coaches.
We will see if they have the ability to adjust to the adjustments made against them. I personally see nothing to suggest they will... but, time will tell.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Don't be fooled... Our offense has been putrid the past couple of weeks. Kliffy and Kyler have been diagnosed and neutered by opposing coaches.
We will see if they have the ability to adjust to the adjustments made against them. I personally see nothing to suggest they will... but, time will tell.
82, I'm not fooled, just have my opinion. How much of this was fueled by Kyler's shoulder injury as opposed to being neutered? Yes, the last few weeks were bad and if that continues after he is healthy then we will have to address that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kyler has to play better and the last TD was basically garbage time. That said we scored 28 points against a good defense, we scored 3 TD's in the 2nd half on a team that had allowed 2 TD's in the 2nd half in the first 11 games combined. For the year Kyler has 22 TD passes and 10 rushing TD's, he had 3 passing TD's today and just look at them a laser to D Hop that barely got there, a great backing up throw to Arnold that barely got there, and the play to Arnold on the busted coverage. As I said during the game thread the contrast was alarming, they were wide open by scheme the whole game, Kyler was having to fit the ball into tight windows with pressure inside and outside the whole game. I'm sure he missed some open guys, and yes he made some bad throws but he needs help from his coaches.

He also needs Hopkins to get his foot down so Zane can miss a 41 yarder instead of a 49 yarder. He needs Zane to stop missing kicks. It's a team game and while he HAS to play better so does everyone else. The number of WTF conversions on defense today, we need the ref to call linemen downfield on that 22 yard screen to Akers, that was ridiculous. We need PP to not play so deep and give up an easy 3rd and 11 to the TE.

But with all that, we were still in the game until Kyler threw the picksix, he CANNOT do that. Again I have no idea what happened there we had 2 guys in the same place I don't know if Andy ran the wrong route, if he was supposed to throw that ball over the top to Kirk I have no clue what happened but clearly Kyler had to see be expecting something different there the passrush certainly didn't cause that one. He CANNOT do that, he's got to see it. Such a weird play I think Kirk was trying to clear the underneath and the DB held him up and then they both played the route to Andy so they clearly expected it, if Kyler had pumped he could have had Kirk over the top for a big play but he threw it and it ended the game.

We HAVE to win 3 games to have any chance at a wildcard berth and frankly I want to win all 4. I'm not convinced the way we're playing we can win more than 2, gotta turn it around now.

That was a bad mistake by Hop. He also should’ve caught the ball from Kyler before the 4th down conversion. I’m worried that he’s going to get frustrated and that Kyler doesn’t need anything else distracting him right now (just my speculation). Going from Watson to Kyler is a pretty big downgrade especially on deep balls/red zone opportunities and his numbers are fading quick.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
That was a bad mistake by Hop. He also should’ve caught the ball from Kyler before the 4th down conversion. I’m worried that he’s going to get frustrated and that Kyler doesn’t need anything else distracting him right now (just my speculation). Going from Watson to Kyler is a pretty big downgrade especially on deep balls/red zone opportunities and his numbers are fading quick.
So, money doesn't make you happy?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You see nothing? Putting 3 TDS on the vaunted Rams D that only gave up 2 second half TDs combined all season in all their games? That’s nothing to you? People keep acting like KM should be a finished product it’s his second year with a BS training camp with a HC that has yet to prove he knows wtf he is doing. Best player on the roster, but young and needs to grow. Tough league to get thrown in from day one and expect greatness. What QB in football has done better from day one savior? Curious I can’t think of any?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Downgrade? Lol not sure about that

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok. I get it. He makes mistakes. But no one here was screaming playoffs this year. We have lost numerous players and our OL is awful. And yet we have won or lost games in the seconds in 6 games!!!!! If Zane makes FGs all this BS about Kliff would be moot!!! He set every game up that we lost to win. And Zane blew it. New England. Detroit Miami and if he makes today’s kick and at Seattle we may win or be close in those. If Zane does his Job we are fricken 9-3 and in the 2 seed!!!!!! So in all honesty if I am Kliff and read this board. I’d say you guys are stupid. Because in 3 games he got us in position to win them. Make even 2 of them and we are 8-4!!! If we were 9-3 with the schedule coming up and the momentum of being 9-3. We would end up 12-4!!!! Get out of here with the fire the dude. We are a kicker away from being elite. Based on the games played. Nothing else is a fact. Whether Kliff screws up game plans or penalties. An elite kicker has us at 9-3. Facts!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I get it. He makes mistakes. But no one here was screaming playoffs this year. We have lost numerous players and our OL is awful. And yet we have won or lost games in the seconds in 6 games!!!!! If Zane makes FGs all this BS about Kliff would be moot!!! He set every game up that we lost to win. And Zane blew it. New England. Detroit Miami and if he makes today’s kick and at Seattle we may win or be close in those. If Zane does his Job we are fricken 9-3 and in the 2 seed!!!!!! So in all honesty if I am Kliff and read this board. I’d say you guys are stupid. Because in 3 games he got us in position to win them. Make even 2 of them and we are 8-4!!! If we were 9-3 with the schedule coming up and the momentum of being 9-3. We would end up 12-4!!!! Get out of here with the fire the dude. We are a kicker away from being elite. Based on the games played. Nothing else is a fact. Whether Kliff screws up game plans or penalties. An elite kicker has us at 9-3. Facts!!!

use more exclamation points next time. It really helps gets your point across.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah we can't get Fitz back fast enough if for no other reason to mentor Kyler and D Hop. the last 2 drives it almost seemed to me like Hopkins didn't want to be on the field and was embarassed to be getting catches in stat padding time. I get that but I just don't want to see our 2 best players having personal issues and it appears they are. I can fully understand the frustration not getting the ball more, and Kyler is struggling bigtime.

Hopefully Fitz can help them get on the same page again.

I forgot about the other one I assume you mean the one D Hop went up high on and got hit, difficult catch but definitely one he makes fairly often.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You see nothing? Putting 3 TDS on the vaunted Rams D that only gave up 2 second half TDs combined all season in all their games? That’s nothing to you? People keep acting like KM should be a finished product it’s his second year with a BS training camp with a HC that has yet to prove he knows wtf he is doing. Best player on the roster, but young and needs to grow. Tough league to get thrown in from day one and expect greatness. What QB in football has done better from day one savior? Curious I can’t think of any?

I see nothing to suggest Kliffy and Kyler can make the needed adjustments - this year. They are lost IMHO. And Kyler's confidence and psyche are dropping like a lead balloon.
Yea, we actually scored 4 TD's yesterday... and somehow managed to only put up a whopping 232 yards of total offense. One of those TD's was in garbage time... The other came after a muffed punt put us in the red zone. And of course, 59 of that eye-popping total of 232 yards came on just one play! The 59 yard blown coverage connection to Arnold.

As I mentioned previously, I'm willing to hold out hope for Kyler and that, HOPEFULLY, with a more normal offseason he'll be able to develop more fully into a legit NFL QB.
But LuLu Kliffy? He gotta GO! ;)

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I see nothing to suggest Kliffy and Kyler can make the needed adjustments - this year. They are lost IMHO. And Kyler's confidence and psyche are dropping like a lead balloon.
Yea, we actually scored 4 TD's yesterday... and somehow managed to only put up a whopping 232 yards of total offense. One of those TD's was in garbage time... The other came after a muffed punt put us in the red zone. And of course, 59 of that eye-popping total of 232 yards came on just one play! The 59 yard blown coverage connection to Arnold.

As I mentioned previously, I'm willing to hold out hope for Kyler and that, HOPEFULLY, with a more normal offseason he'll be able to develop more fully into a legit NFL QB.

I understand that you're upset but I think its necessary to inform you that the moniker " lulu kliffy" is kind of sort of in a way not funny at all. JMO

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And yet guys are being schemed open throughout these terrible games we've been having. I get that he's had issues as a head coach, I see them too, but guys are just not executing as well.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have my gripes with Kliff & concerns about Kyler, but....

Can you guys stop acting like we have more than enough talent

We legit have no pass rush or shutdown or consistently good CB. You usually have 1.

We

Have

Neither

I personally believe it goes beyond that. I still don't think Kirk is a legit 2 but I keep reading how he's fine. Do we have more pressing needs? Sure, but Kirk disappears for entire chunks of games. You never hear how he got a lucky block for a teammate or ran a great route or has good hands...what does this dude actually do well? Point to one thing Kirk is known for, or good at. And Andy should be a PS hero, nothing else. Zane is obviously trash--one could easily state that he lost us 2 entire games. Kyler makes our Oline look better than they are.

On D we have no legit #1 corner. PP has been bad but imagine this D without him. Injuries have obviously taken a toll. We're #2 in the league regarding defensive injuries according to yesterday's broadcast. We've also started more players on D than any team in the NFL.

These aren't just a few minor holes. These are major. They account for every phase of the team, offense, defense, special teams. You cannot win games that way, regardless of how awful the offensive and defensive schemes are.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I personally believe it goes beyond that. I still don't think Kirk is a legit 2 but I keep reading how he's fine. Do we have more pressing needs? Sure, but Kirk disappears for entire chunks of games. You never hear how he got a lucky block for a teammate or ran a great route or has good hands...what does this dude actually do well? Point to one thing Kirk is known for, or good at.

Great point. And sooooo disappointing. Kirk has all of the tools required to be a solid #2. So, we're left to wonder why he is falling short of his potential... Coaching? Or, is does he simply not want it enough??

And Andy should be a PS hero, nothing else. Zane is obviously trash--one could easily state that he lost us 2 entire games. Kyler makes our Oline look better than they are.

Vince Marotta referenced a report that says that during the draft when the Cards were trying to decide who to take in the 2nd round, Keim apparently remained silent when Mike B. looked to Kliffy and asked, "who is it?" Kliffy replied, "I have always liked Isabella."
Now why Mike B. would feel comfy turning to a dude who hadn't even coached a single down in the NFL, instead of relying upon Keim and others, who knows... As a result, we have a 2nd round pick who, as you say, should be nothing more than a Practice Squad hero...

On D we have no legit #1 corner. PP has been bad but imagine this D without him. Injuries have obviously taken a toll. We're #2 in the league regarding defensive injuries according to yesterday's broadcast. We've also started more players on D than any team in the NFL.

PP has been average...not sure I would say he's been bad. Yes, he's been burned a few times... but what CB hasn't? Still, if it were me, I wouldn't sign him again...And it's impossible to know what our secondary would look like if we had a healthy Alford...

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cutting to the chase: any decent football fan can see the Cardinals struggles are on defense and special teams.

Kliff has shown great ability to adapt... hey 82 Cards grad, when is the last time you heard a broadcaster say "air raid" and "Kingsbury"??

we're a top rushing team in the NFL because LuLu Kliffy realizes our team strengths and will push his preferences to pass aside. He'll adapt to Kylers shoulder and new defensive schemes.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Cutting to the chase: any decent football fan can see the Cardinals struggles are on defense and special teams.

Kliff has shown great ability to adapt... hey 82 Cards grad, when is the last time you heard a broadcaster say "air raid" and "Kingsbury"??

we're a top rushing team in the NFL because LuLu Kliffy realizes our team strengths and will push his preferences to pass aside. He'll adapt to Kylers shoulder and new defensive schemes.

Sure... We're a "top rushing team in the NFL" only when Kyler is running well, which he hasn't done since the Miami game... and we still lost that game.
Bottom line, Kliffy will be judged based on W's and L's. Just like every other coach, he will have to demonstrate an ability to BOTH adjust AND lead his team to wins. We shall see...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Great point. And sooooo disappointing. Kirk has all of the tools required to be a solid #2. So, we're left to wonder why he is falling short of his potential... Coaching? Or, is does he simply not want it enough??

Vince Marotta referenced a report that says that during the draft when the Cards were trying to decide who to take in the 2nd round, Keim apparently remained silent when Mike B. looked to Kliffy and asked, "who is it?" Kliffy replied, "I have always liked Isabella."
Now why Mike B. would feel comfy turning to a dude who hadn't even coached a single down in the NFL, instead of relying upon Keim and others, who knows... As a result, we have a 2nd round pick who, as you say, should be nothing more than a Practice Squad hero...

PP has been average...not sure I would say he's been bad. Yes, he's been burned a few times... but what CB hasn't? Still, if it were me, I wouldn't sign him again...And it's impossible to know what our secondary would look like if we had a healthy Alford...

I didn’t hear Marotta say that but it wouldn’t surprise me. Michael was enamored with Kliff because Mahomes had just won the MVP and he was the polar opposite of Wilks (as was Wilks after BA). If he makes another change within the next year and a half he needs to hire someone who can fill his own staff.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose