Shut Down to Shut Up

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Maybe at one point in his career PP could call himself a shut down CB but after last night's embarrassing performance he should call himself a shut up CB. He was horrible and the fact the 49ers continually went after him demonstrates their complete disrespect for the man who wore a clown suit to the game. Perfect attire. We blew it and should have traded him when we could have. Now we are stuck with him for the rest of the year and even if we try to trade him then will be lucky to get a third rounder for him.Candidly I always thought he was overrated and was a me too showboat evidenced by him showing up for training camp in a helo to pointing to the stands after doing his job and getting an interception. IMO his attitude was infectious and a substantial factor in why in his "helo" year we fell far below expectations. The rest of the year will show SK doesn't get the concept of trading a player just before he starts his downward trend when his market vale is highest and instead waits until that player is clearly on the downside hoping other GMs will make the same mistake the Cardinals do by overpaying for players on the downside of their careers.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Sorry man..... I know you are upset, and his performance last night was really poor. But the "trading him" commentary just seems reactionary at this point.

Take the weekend off to remember all of the things P2 is capable of.
Also remember that this isn't the first time Sanders has burned him or the Cards. He seems to be a tough matchup for Pat.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading PP this year would have Sent a throwing in the towel message. He had a terrible game last night. He might not be here next spring. He might not be here at the trade deadline next year and I will be surprised if he finishes his career as a Cardinal.

Let’s hope this was a wake up call. I worry without the ped’s if he’ll ever be the player he once was.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I wanted them to trade him but I think some of you thought his trade value was higher than it really was. I also understand Keim not wanting to make the team worse during Kingsbury’s rookie season. He really needs to get it together before the Bucs game or we’ll get trashed by that offense. Maybe last night was humbling but I doubt it considering Peterson doesn’t have accountability/self awareness.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Trading PP this year would have Sent a throwing in the towel message. He had a terrible game last night. He might not be here next spring. He might not be here at the trade deadline next year and I will be surprised if he finishes his career as a Cardinal.

Let’s hope this was a wake up call. I worry without the ped’s if he’ll ever be the player he once was.
So we let him thrown in the towel and reduce his trade value? It was huge mistake to not trade him. This team is rebuilding. Brace yourself for the pending PP holdout.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we let him thrown in the towel and reduce his trade value? It was huge mistake to not trade him. This team is rebuilding. Brace yourself for the pending PP holdout.
No. You can trade him before the draft. You can trade him before the deadline next year or you can let him walk and be happy with the compensatory pick.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I heard that the Eagles offered Nelson Agholor and a first round pick for him. Would that entice you if you knew then what you know now? I would still keep him, maybe, just maybe he is still trying to find his way with not being with the team for 6 weeks or so.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard that the Eagles offered Nelson Agholor and a first round pick for him. Would that entice you if you knew then what you know now? I would still keep him, maybe, just maybe he is still trying to find his way with not being with the team for 6 weeks or so.

I would have taken that, even though I think very little of agholor.

Too late now. Just another in a long line of bad Keim decisions.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You know what this message board needs? Another anti-Patrick Peterson thread.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry man..... I know you are upset, and his performance last night was really poor. But the "trading him" commentary just seems reactionary at this point.

Take the weekend off to remember all of the things P2 is capable of.
Also remember that this isn't the first time Sanders has burned him or the Cards. He seems to be a tough matchup for Pat.
I watched the game again last night. Thought he might have been just not trying or wasn't in game shape during the live telecast. After watching it a 2nd time & remembering the slants he was burned on against Thomas in the Saints game? Yeah, he's lost a step. Sanders burned him on slants several times Thursday night & he's actually older than Peterson, Sanders is 32. He looked so lost on that 30 yd TD pass it was sickening. I hope he proves me wrong & he's out of shape but for right now I'm saying he's lost a step.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard