• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet lists 40 trade possibilities for Deandre Ayton.

Very interesting. Wish I knew which had any prayer of being real.

I like Zubac and Powell I think the best. Interesting how he shows how that could be rolled into the Beal/CP3 deal.

The Nick claxton, Finney Smith, Patty Mills deal is pretty good too - But I don't think the Nets are interested.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's a crazy article, but a whole hell of a lot of fun to read. My favorite Suns beat writer, by a long shot.
Some intriguing trade possibilities in there. Not sure how many of them are feasible, but there are at least a few that I would jump at.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Adams would be a perfect fit. Someone who knows his role, has a ton of heart, has some dog in him which this team desperately needs. would love this trade.
Yeah! I get mad on his fouls. Kinda like when Ayton doesn't dunk. With Adams I am like, " Don't touch foul! Knock his block off!" :lol:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think Claxton and Finney-Smith are probably an underrated option from that article. Both very good defenders and DFS would provide some 3 point shooting off the bench as well (or as the 5th starter).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Claxton and Finney-Smith are probably an underrated option from that article. Both very good defenders and DFS would provide some 3 point shooting off the bench as well (or as the 5th starter).
Yes, it very much fits our needs. But I have seen no rumors Nets have any interest in Ayton - and actually heard they didn't want him when we were trying to get Durant, so I think that is a huge longshot.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No more signs are needed - Ayton is GONE. It's just a question of what we get back at this point.

Booker, KD, and Beal are pure hoopers. They love the game. This is serious for them. They want DA gone and they want to bring in more players with a laser focus on winning championships. Nobody will question this roster's toughness and drive to win.
Gotta agree even though it’s a tough pill to swallow now. Beal chose this team over Miami for a reason. Not only it’s closer to home but we have a better chance of winning the championship. He wants to win. He’s locked in. They need players who are locked in as well and Ayton is complacent; which is sad because he’s a top 5 center, give you 18 and 10 a night, can stay healthy, but was exposed in the playoffs this years. He took plays off. We need players who are locked in

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it very much fits our needs. But I have seen no rumors Nets have any interest in Ayton - and actually heard they didn't want him when we were trying to get Durant, so I think that is a huge longshot.
My memory is slipping but I'm pretty sure those same rumors made it clear that it had to do with being hard capped or something like that rather than not wanting DA. Not that I think they want Ayton, just don't believe you can read anything into this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zubac and Powell is a dream trade scenario, so it's probably unlikely to happen.

It is one trade that could push the Suns over the top. Both players are exactly what the Suns need.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I read a tweet about how Monty didn’t want to coach Jae and Ayton. With Monty gone I feel a little better keeping Ayton. Heck if we can bring Jae back on a deal that would be awesome.
Don't think Jae is coming back as that bridge is burned between him and the Suns organization. The way it went down being paid to sit at home and he's still bad mouthing the Suns just recently.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zubac and Powell is a dream trade scenario, so it's probably unlikely to happen.

It is one trade that could push the Suns over the top. Both players are exactly what the Suns need.
Actually a dream scenario would be like Finney Smith and Zubac, we don't really need any more scoring, but this is still damn good.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Lol I mean getting Beal for nothing seemed like a dream trade also and that worked out.

I get what you’re saying. I can only hope that happens.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually a dream scenario would be like Finney Smith and Zubac, we don't really need any more scoring, but this is still damn good.

I'm not going to quibble over a player. I've wanted Zubac for the Suns ever since he entered the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I mean getting Beal for nothing seemed like a dream trade also and that worked out.

I get what you’re saying. I can only hope that happens.

I'm beginning to like this something for nothing. Maybe the Suns can get some more players without including Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we keep Ayton.. realistically what can we do and who can we get?

In addition to Booker, Beal, Durant and Ayton, the Suns may be able to keep some combination of Payne, Craig, Bazley, Landale, Biz, Saban Lee, Jordan Goodwin, Isaiah Todd and Josh Okogie.

Also, they can add some veteran minimum players.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Don't think Jae is coming back as that bridge is burned between him and the Suns organization. The way it went down being paid to sit at home and he's still bad mouthing the Suns just recently.
Plus JJ was here and let it happen! You would think the GM could tell the coach who is on the team, just not how or when to play them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard