Shelton signs with Browns

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Browns | Shelton Agrees to One-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:11:27 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Cleveland Browns have reached an agreement with free agent OT L.J. Shelton (Cardinals) on a one-year deal. Financial terms have not been disclosed.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should be a good move for Shelton as the Browns have a horrible offensive line. Best wishes to him!!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shelton: good luck with the Browns. That should be a good fit for him.

Bills: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I guess TD isn't a genious getting a LT for no compensation after all.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az jam said:
Browns | Shelton Agrees to One-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:11:27 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Cleveland Browns have reached an agreement with free agent OT L.J. Shelton (Cardinals) on a one-year deal. Financial terms have not been disclosed.

I'm sure he got that 8 million dollar bonus on the one year deal like AntSportsSteve thought he would.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'm sure he got that 8 million dollar bonus on the one year deal like AntSportsSteve thought he would.

The Browns are looking to beef up their line so they're handing out 8 million donut bonuses to everyone on the OL.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redheart said:
did I miss the bidding war? :shrug:

A one year deal proves there was no bidding war. The rest of the league thinks he's mediocre unless he can prove otherwise.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
My orginally guess : 4 years. $7M signing.

Looks like I'm wrong. And you are probably correct, no bidding war.
$7M/4 = $1.75M per year.

I wonder how wrong I am?

The Browns are probably close to the worst team in the NFL. Guess he likes under performing.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
A one year deal proves there was no bidding war. The rest of the league thinks he's mediocre unless he can prove otherwise.

He always was mediocre. Any player on the team from 2003 or before (sans Boldin) was mediocre. That's why we sucked.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
The Browns are probably close to the worst team in the NFL. Guess he likes under performing.

Yes he does. According to the old O-Line coach (wiely or whatever), Shelton was a lazy underachiever that only did enough to stay on the team, did the minimum number of workouts neccessary, etc. Wiely was interviewed on Sirius NFL Radio a few days ago and explained why there was no bidding war for him and why the Bills were demanding more than a straight trade with him for henry. He may be a nice guy, but he's lazy and ruined his potential. Potential doesn't win football games.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
My orginally guess : 4 years. $7M signing.

Looks like I'm wrong. And you are probably correct, no bidding war.
$7M/4 = $1.75M per year.

I wonder how wrong I am?

It sounds even worse when the initial stories are saying he has been signed as "insurance" in case Verba holds out. Does this mean they are not counting on him to start?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Apparently Denny's not the only guy in the NFL that thinks LJ isn't any good.

come on - this guy was a legit starting sometimes Pro-Bowl level LT! How could he graner virtually no interest! It's preposterous I tell you!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
come on - this guy was a legit starting sometimes Pro-Bowl level LT! How could he graner virtually no interest! It's preposterous I tell you!

It was Denny Green's peevish nature. After taking a dis-like to LJ for no reason what-so-ever, Denny threw him into his dog-house and never gave him anther chance at the Pro-Bowl.

There are a lot of posters that just got LJ's jock ripped right off their nose.

There are a few posters that need to eat some Denny-hating-crow on this.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Our line needed a shakeup, it has stunk for too long, Im all for any pre-2003 house cleaning, even if some of them werent bad as players. Collectively, they werent getting the job done.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
vince56 said:
He always was mediocre. Any player on the team from 2003 or before (sans Boldin) was mediocre. That's why we sucked.

:thumbup:

Good luck to Shelton though he was a cool guy, who was down to play hurt

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for Shelton. It's a shame he went to the Brown's though...that's a team on the way up only because there's no other way to go it seems.

Who knows, maybe Romeo will surprise us all by putting a competitive team on the field.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Apparently Denny's not the only guy in the NFL that thinks LJ isn't any good.

I do not think DG ever said LJ "was no good"!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
john h said:
I do not think DG ever said LJ "was no good"!

I think LJ is definitely in the "some good" category, not necessarily the "no good" category with Yusef Scott and Lester Holmes, and such. Isn't "some good" basically the definition of mediocre? :p