Shame on the season ticket holders that sold

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It's been knowledge for a very long time. I don't remember any data. I can say having season tickets for 6 years, it is very obvious as well. Certain seats always have different people.

But there is some data out there's I haven't seen it in years.
“It’s been knowledge?” That’s not proof. Many season ticket holders have more than one set of seats. The list both sets and whichever sells first, they sit in the other set. Or they just sell one set each game and sit in the others. They basically pay for their season tickets that way. I know of at 10 people who do this. There are many others who do this. There are no hard facts I could find about “ticket brokers”. Most are obviously season ticket owners. It is ingenious but annoying.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember when I lived in AZ and had season tickets in 2009, I had to sell my tickets to the Vikings game because it was my wife’s birthday. I initially offered them at face value to Cards fans, including here on this board, and nobody bit. I then offered them to a Vikings fan for 3x the value and cashed in.
Sorry, but I’d rather lose the money than to give the visiting team any advantage. Just me.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yo. Settle down, there.

You build a stadium out in the west valley when most people live in the east valley. It takes 90 minutes to get to the stadium on a weeknight. (Once it took us TWO HOURS to get to a Coyotes game.) There are a crap ton of Packers fans that live here and won't change their allegiance and are willing to pay a crap ton for tickets. You have Packers fans that will travel because Arizona is a great place to visit when your state sucks weather-wise. You have ticket brokers who don't give a crap who gets tickets. And, yes, you have season ticket holders who can almost pay off their entire season by selling just this one game.

It sucks, but this is not as bad as when I went to SDS in 1997 and saw nothing but Patriots fans. And this isn't the only city experiencing this. Any state that counts on tourism revenue is going to see this happen. Plus, there is not longer the Black Hole or 700 level in Philly. Opposing fans are more welcomed now due to increased security.

Don't **** on my state.
Then AZ shouldn’t have an NFL team then. Support your team & use your tickets. Otherwise, sell or give your tickets to a Cardinal fan.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the pandemic excuse. I guess the pandemic has been an issue since the stadium opened. Financial issues? Crazy how so many people with the luxury of purchasing season tickets to the NFL suddenly are on hard times when the Packers or Cowboys come to town. Just call it what it is. Fan base thats willing to sell out at the first opportunity, that really doesn't care that much. That is just the reality. I remember people paying thousands a ticket to sit in the nose bleeds to see the Suns get worked by the Bucks in the Finals. Come Playoffs, people won't sell, if a home playoff game even happens. Thanks sell outs for Lambeau West.

No need for excuses. Just call it what it is.
Amen!! I hate the fact that the Cardinals are in AZ. the Bidwills screwed up royally. Should have moved to Baltimore & had a real fan bas.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As an east coaster, do you similarly judge others who you buy tickets from at away games?
They were in-law tickets & I was outnumbered a million to one in Washington, Philly, & Baltimore. And they gave me tickets out of the kindness of their hearts. NOT for money. I’m sure that if they thought my lone voice would factor into who won those games, they wouldn’t have given them to me. At last count, my overall record at those games was like 3-33. I generally hate the east coast, but they are loyal fans that support their teams. If AZ can’t do that, then move the damn team. I’m nauseated listening to opposing fans cheering when we’re playing our biggest game in a long, long time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to blame anybody for anything. Once you buy something it belongs to you and you can burn them if you so desire. But it's kinda stupid not to sell them if you can't go to the game. Money is hard to come by and it shouldn't be wasted.
If money is that hard to come by, then they shouldn’t be buying season tickets. Sell the tickets to a Cardinal fan, or give the ticket to a Cardinal fan.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“It’s been knowledge?” That’s not proof. Many season ticket holders have more than one set of seats. The list both sets and whichever sells first, they sit in the other set. Or they just sell one set each game and sit in the others. They basically pay for their season tickets that way. I know of at 10 people who do this. There are many others who do this. There are no hard facts I could find about “ticket brokers”. Most are obviously season ticket owners. It is ingenious but annoying.
I don't really care about finding the proof for you dude, not sure what you're thinking here. You can research it. It's been since season 1 I. The new stadium. I have zero interest in proving anything to you.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had extra tickets to many games and just tried GIVING them to friends or coworkers who talked up the Cards to me (hoping to turn them into a regular/season ticket holder). I've heard every excuse in the book on why they couldn't possibly go to the game. Some say they'd rather watch it on their big screen TV and see the replays in the comfort of their own chair/sofa. Others were literally "doing yard work" or "going to a movie," etc. Come on, people. SMH.
I’d rather the stadium be half full of Cardinal fans & the remaining seats empty than to have the other half full of stinking opposing fans. If the Bidwills can’t figure out how to fill the Stadium with 90% Cardinal fans, then they should move the team elsewhere.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Then AZ shouldn’t have an NFL team then. Support your team & use your tickets. Otherwise, sell or give your tickets to a Cardinal fan.
And almost all the games are on Sunday.
I don't really care about finding the proof for you dude, not sure what you're thinking here. You can research it. It's been since season 1 I. The new stadium. I have zero interest in proving anything to you.
I did research it. There was nothing to support your claim.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I come over for games whenever time and money permit. Being out of state is time consuming and expensive.. But I absolutely love it! This year I'm basically bringing my whole family. When I have to, I buy tix on Vivid Seats or Stubhub always on the home side. You pay through the nose through those people but I do what I have to.

Props to @BurqueCardFan. He has sold me his seats at face value when he could likely make a ton of cash.

Speaking of which, bro, I haven't gotten the Christmas day Colts tix yet!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They were in-law tickets & I was outnumbered a million to one in Washington, Philly, & Baltimore. And they gave me tickets out of the kindness of their hearts. NOT for money. I’m sure that if they thought my lone voice would factor into who won those games, they wouldn’t have given them to me. At last count, my overall record at those games was like 3-33. I generally hate the east coast, but they are loyal fans that support their teams. If AZ can’t do that, then move the damn team. I’m nauseated listening to opposing fans cheering when we’re playing our biggest game in a long, long time.
Man all the blame the fans rants are just terrible. Like gawd awful terrible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So it’s okay for you but not for cards fans. Got it. Lame.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The good news is the next home game is against Carolina. I don't think they travel like Packers fans do they? More like the Texans fans I would think. That game was rocking.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First thing the "Around the NFL" podcast mentioned was poor fans letting Green Bay take over the stadium. It's becoming a reputation.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had extra tickets to many games and just tried GIVING them to friends or coworkers who talked up the Cards to me (hoping to turn them into a regular/season ticket holder).
Amen to that. It must be that everyone on this board was sitting in Sundevil Stadium at 2:30 and 110 degrees. There were many games when there wasn't 20,000 fans. I sat through game after game in those conditions. I remember once it was about 110 and then the rain rolled in for about 15 minutes and drenched us, and then the sun came out again. It was like a steam bath.

So if because of circumstances I may need to sell my tickets now, I don't really want to hear it from other fans. When I had to work and couldn't attend back in the day, I couldn't even give them away.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amen to that. It must be that everyone on this board was sitting in Sundevil Stadium at 2:30 and 110 degrees. There were many games when there wasn't 20,000 fans. I sat through game after game in those conditions. I remember once it was about 110 and then the rain rolled in for about 15 minutes and drenched us, and then the sun came out again. It was like a steam bath.

So if because of circumstances I may need to sell my tickets now, I don't really want to hear it from other fans. When I had to work and couldn't attend back in the day, I couldn't even give them away.

Nobody is getting on the case of people with genuine reasons not to attend games who sell tickets. This isn't about that unless 10,000+ people had to leave town on Thursday.

This is about fans purposely selling to away fans because they overpay when they could attend the game.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's easy to give away something that isn't yours to give away. If somebody bought tickets and wants to sell them it's their choice and nobody else's business. Eminent domain doesn't apply here.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's easy to give away something that isn't yours to give away. If somebody bought tickets and wants to sell them it's their choice and nobody else's business. Eminent domain doesn't apply here.

There are things that are more than monetary value. Not everything is an asset to be sold.

You're literally arguing its OK when we just lost a game and the #1 seed because Green didn't hear an audible due to GB fans in Cardinals seats.

Something that in my opinion the whole team knows and is covering up. I don't buy it for a minute when Keim says he doesn't know what happened.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There are things that are more than monetary value. Not everything is an asset to be sold.

You're literally arguing its OK when we just lost a game and the #1 seed because Green didn't hear an audible due to GB fans in Cardinals seats.

Something that in my opinion the whole team knows and is covering up. I don't buy it for a minute when Keim says he doesn't know what happened.
The #1 seed hasn't been lost yet. There is still 9 games to be played. GB will lose more games. As far as conspiracy theories go maybe somebody has been watching too much TV

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Stadium location is a absolutely why I won't go to games. It's horrible

I live in Tucson and it takes me nearly 4 hours to get home if I stay and wait in traffic. This is why I only go up a couple of times per season tops. That being said, when I do go, I am willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for great seats.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sell them if they want but then don't pretend to be a fan like those who don't sell and attend all games. Huge difference between the two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard