Shame on the season ticket holders that sold

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Same ol tired and pointless thread… Rinse, repeat…

I would’ve thought by now people would grasp the reality of being a Cardinal fan here in the valley, Dan Bickley’s constant gaslighting not-withstanding.
Look, accept the fact that there are a TON of people that call the valley home, yet hail from all other parts of the country - especially from places like Wisconsin & Minnesota. Add in the fact that the Packers fan base travel well and always represent wherever the game is played, and you get what we got.
I am a season ticket holder for 15 years now.
I honestly have zero issue with all of this. People like to guess and exaggerate… Last night I’d say there were 35% Packer fans. A lot nonetheless, but stop with all of the over the top whining. The Cards still had the home field advantage. Not by a margin we would all prefer, but it wasn’t 50-50, or even close.
And guess what - 10 years from now it will still be this way.
If this one issue twists your panties so much, I’d suggest you find another team to root for…

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

I would’ve thought by now people would grasp the reality of being a Cardinal fan here in the valley, Dan Bickley’s constant gaslighting not-withstanding.
Yep, every year it's the same conversation (usually coming from "newer" fans)

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Look, accept the fact that there are a TON of people that call the valley home, yet hail from all other parts of the country - especially from places like Wisconsin & Minnesota. Add in the fact that the Packers fan base travel well and always represent wherever the game is played, and you get what we got.
I am a season ticket holder for 15 years now.
I honestly have zero issue with all of this. People like to guess and exaggerate… Last night I’d say there were 35% Packer fans. A lot nonetheless, but stop with all of the over the top whining. The Cards still had the home field advantage. Not by a margin we would all prefer, but it wasn’t 50-50, or even close.
And guess what - 10 years from now it will still be this way.
If this one issue twists your panties so much, I’d suggest you find another team to root for…
Brady wanted his 600 TD football back and gave the guy a few hundred dollars worth of crap. Someday it will be sold by him or someone else for at least an estimated $500k. He doesn't need the money but some poor Joe in the stands could change his family's lives for generations with that much money. It's all relative.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
There are a ton of ticket brokers who own the tickets on the away side. A ton of them. Except for teams like the Texans last home game, there's going to be a good contingent of away fans every game even if zero non-broker season ticket holders sell their tickets. Did some cash in on the premier game last night? Sure. But there would have been a large Packer contingent there either way. And, as others have mentioned, Cardinals don't have the long successful history of many other teams and it's not realistic to expect Cards fans to pay as much as Packers fans to the ticket brokers who don't give a damn who you are supporting.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady wanted his 600 TD football back and gave the guy a few hundred dollars worth of crap. Someday it will be sold by him or someone else for at least an estimated $500k. He doesn't need the money but some poor Joe in the stands could change his family's lives for generations with that much money. It's all relative.
There's more to that story too. The guy gave the ball back very quickly and lost any leverage in what he wanted for the ball. Doh !!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The "Pack" fans were obnoxious all night and you'd have thought we were in Lambeau with all of the chants of "Go Pack Go." Thankfully, many of these were likely just bandwagon Packers' fans because they chanted loudly a couple of times when the Packers had the ball and made it more difficult for Rodgers.

This element is not mentioned enough.

It's not nice for the fans that do go to the games and don't sell out to be surrounded by annoying opposition fans.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There are a ton of ticket brokers who own the tickets on the away side. A ton of them. Except for teams like the Texans last home game, there's going to be a good contingent of away fans every game even if zero non-broker season ticket holders sell their tickets. Did some cash in on the premier game last night? Sure. But there would have been a large Packer contingent there either way. And, as others have mentioned, Cardinals don't have the long successful history of many other teams and it's not realistic to expect Cards fans to pay as much as Packers fans to the ticket brokers who don't give a damn who you are supporting.
In sales the seller creates a need in the buyer with emotion. Don't sell the steak, sell the sizzle

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, and like some others have said, it's about the football culture in the Phoenix area.

If the Cardinals can build a winning tradition, then as the years (even decades) go by, the Team will build up the contingent of die-hard fans in Phoenix that won't allow situations like last night to occur.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolf says it best, "I'll never tell someone what to do with their money (and by default their season tickets), but don't act like you are the biggest cardinals fan when talking around the water cooler."

Ill never understand people selling out for these big games.
Well said by Wolf.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wolf says it best, "I'll never tell someone what to do with their money (and by default their season tickets), but don't act like you are the biggest cardinals fan when talking around the water cooler."

Ill never understand people selling out for these big games.
You can tell if it's one when they ask you if you saw how many strike outs they had last night

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
No cards fan will pay what packers fans pay
I'd be interested to know if that's changed now that we have Kyler and Hopkins. No offense to Warner and Fitz, but this team has a lot more excitement to it with Kyler running the show. I'd be willing to bet Kyler jerseys sell a LOT more than Warner jerseys.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, and like some others have said, it's about the football culture in Phoenix area.

If the Cardinals can build a winning tradition, then as the years (even decades) go by, the Team will build up the contingent of die-hard fans in Phoenix that won't allow situations like last night to occur.
It's not the football culture in Phoenix. It's the culture in Phoenix. Everything comes a distant second to a Phoenician's backyard swimming pool. People here don't really care about anything here.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What happened to our sell outs where our stadium was one of the loudest and caused the opposing teams problems on offense? Up until the last year or so, I thought we were pretty good home team in terms of noise, etc.?:sad:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It's not the football culture in Phoenix. It's the culture in Phoenix. Everything comes a distant second to a Phoenician's backyard swimming pool. People here don't really care about anything here.

How interesting. But I guess it kind of makes sense when you consider that it's a relatively new metropolis.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had extra tickets to many games and just tried GIVING them to friends or coworkers who talked up the Cards to me (hoping to turn them into a regular/season ticket holder). I've heard every excuse in the book on why they couldn't possibly go to the game. Some say they'd rather watch it on their big screen TV and see the replays in the comfort of their own chair/sofa. Others were literally "doing yard work" or "going to a movie," etc. Come on, people. SMH.

Reaction score
Blah blah I know they don't owe us anything or any kind of explanation, but it was definitely a factor in a 3 point loss tonight. Crazy thing is, this game might actually cost them a home playoff game. Now I'm not saying we lost solely because of that, but our crowd didn't show up for a primetime game at 7-0 and that doesn't help. Even though the game was constantly close, the crowd was a nonfactor. This could bite us down the line.
I agree
It was a disgrace seeing all of the green bay fans.
Disgrazia!!!!!
A team 7-0 and the stadium looked on tv to be +50% green bay fans

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Yo. Settle down, there.

You build a stadium out in the west valley when most people live in the east valley. It takes 90 minutes to get to the stadium on a weeknight. (Once it took us TWO HOURS to get to a Coyotes game.) There are a crap ton of Packers fans that live here and won't change their allegiance and are willing to pay a crap ton for tickets. You have Packers fans that will travel because Arizona is a great place to visit when your state sucks weather-wise. You have ticket brokers who don't give a crap who gets tickets. And, yes, you have season ticket holders who can almost pay off their entire season by selling just this one game.

It sucks, but this is not as bad as when I went to SDS in 1997 and saw nothing but Patriots fans. And this isn't the only city experiencing this. Any state that counts on tourism revenue is going to see this happen. Plus, there is not longer the Black Hole or 700 level in Philly. Opposing fans are more welcomed now due to increased security.

Don't **** on my state.
Arizona sucks as a state when it comes to sports. Too many transplants here. It's a problem when I have to ask for them to put a Suns game on last year.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Walk into a sports shop and there's a little wall dedicated to the sports teams here. You walk into a sports shop in Pittsburgh and I guarantee you it's decked out in black and yellow.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walk into a sports shop and there's a little wall dedicated to the sports teams here. You walk into a sports shop in Pittsburgh and I guarantee you it's decked out in black and yellow.
So what? Move to Pittsburgh if this stuff bothers you so much.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of us that endured the SDS stadium days, when some games were around 20,000, and if it was more than that it was opposing team fans, last night was NOTHING. Large majority were Cardinals fans, and we were LOUD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort