Shame on the season ticket holders that sold

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You guys must’ve missed my post about Steeler fans in Lambeau field… It happens everywhere… Some places more than others but it still happens
I more speaking to the consistency of other teams fans raiding our stadium. Obviously some teams like GB and Pitt will still make it happen, but this seems to be an issue for us almost weekly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This thread is lame. Cities like Phoenix are transplant cities. Everyone loves it here and comes from all over the country to live here and they bring their football allegiances with them. It is what it is.
The cards have been here for over 30 years. That means an entire generation has grown up with a local team. And Phoenix was already one of the top ten largest cities back then, so there’s a generation of adults that could’ve become rabid cards fans. They didn’t. The reason? The cards didn’t do enough consistently to win their hearts.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I won't disagree with you, but if the stadium were in Tempe or Scottsde I'd have season tickets and I guarantee the crowd wouldn't look like this week after week. Nobody wants to make that drive except the hard-core fans and the visiting team fans who only get once chance to see their team.
Try making the drive from ABQ to make the games. I wish I was just driving across town. That doesn’t stop me from having season tickets.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yea I don’t get that logic at all I used to drive from vegas as many as 5 times a year some seasons. And people are bitching about across town?
Sad isn't it? I always thought the new stadium and winning would change this but I have now realized it is part of what Phoenix is and always will be. Generations won't change anything because kids act like their parents. People here care little about anything outside of their backyard pools, let alone truly supporting sports teams.

For people with 50 yard line season tickets, acting like making money off this game is life changing or something is bizarre. Just call it what it is and save the excuses.

I love this team. I do not love this city.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This thread is lame. Cities like Phoenix are transplant cities. Everyone loves it here and comes from all over the country to live here and they bring their football allegiances with them. It is what it is.
This is about "fans" selling tickets, not transplants who are buying.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to fault them when you can just about cover your season ticket cost with one game

It's not remotely hard. If your primary concern is money don't buy a season ticket. That way you keep all your money without having to sell out. There is always fans everywhere that sell tickets, the problem is that AZ have so many of them. It's actually become common for some "fans" just to buy season tickets knowing they can sell them on and cover their costs giving them some free games to go to. That's bad.

I can't believe there are people complaining about a cross town drive to games. There are soccer fans travel 25,000 miles a year to watch games. A team like Manchester United can have games in Rome, Kiev, Moscow and Munich within a couple of months alone and have tens of thousands of fans at each of them travelling from the UK. And people are complaining about a drive. SMH.

For all the criticism of Green what if he misheard the play call because of all the fan noise from GB fans in the stadium?

Last edited:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
It's not remotely hard. If your primary concern is money don't buy a season ticket. That way you keep all your money without having to sell out.
I don't really think this is fair.

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. But in 2015 because of a death in the family and property to manage I transferred to another state. I kept my tickets. My daughter and her husband live in Tempe and they usually have gone to the games. But they have a 1 1/2 yo baby and with covid they aren't really willing to take a chance going to the games so they sell the tickets.

I am going to retire within 6 months or so and then I will be able to attend games again. I work 7 days a week and long hours. I know some may think I'm not a fan but I've been shelling out almost $5,000 a year for games I'm not even able to attend.

So there are fans that have situations that require selling tickets. I think I've read in the past that ticket brokers buy large shares of tickets too hoping to move them for a profit.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's not remotely hard. If your primary concern is money don't buy a season ticket. That way you keep all your money without having to sell out. There is always fans everywhere that sell tickets, the problem is that AZ have so many of them. It's actually become common for some "fans" just to buy season tickets knowing they can sell them on and cover their costs giving them some free games to go to. That's bad.

I can't believe there are people complaining about a cross town drive to games. There are soccer fans travel 25,000 miles a year to watch games. A team like Manchester United can have games in Rome, Kiev, Moscow and Munich within a couple of months alone and have tens of thousands of fans at each of them travelling from the UK. And people are complaining about a drive. SMH.

For all the criticism of Green what if he misheard the pay call because of all the fan noise from GB fans in the stadium?
These holier than thou posts on this subject are getting annoying. Who are you to criticize someone else's situation that you know nothing about. Clearly they bought their season tickets with the likely intent of attending the games, but financial issues or just simply getting a ridiculous offer on their tickets likely led to them selling the tickets for a game. Of course we are also still in the midst of a pandemic that may have some fans still weary of going to a crowded stadium.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really think this is fair.

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. But in 2015 because of a death in the family and property to manage I transferred to another state. I kept my tickets. My daughter and her husband live in Tempe and they usually have gone to the games. But they have a 1 1/2 yo baby and with covid they aren't really willing to take a chance going to the games so they sell the tickets.

I am going to retire within 6 months or so and then I will be able to attend games again. I work 7 days a week and long hours. I know some may think I'm not a fan but I've been shelling out almost $5,000 a year for games I'm not even able to attend.

So there are fans that have situations that require selling tickets. I think I've read in the past that ticket brokers buy large shares of tickets too hoping to move them for a profit.

That's perfectly reasonable and not what anyone is referring to as the problem.

The problem are fans that buy season tickets knowing they will sell a bunch of them for profit and those that could go to games but choose to sell out to travelling fans because they can get multiple times the ticket value. And there are thousands of them.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
E
Every city on the west coast is a transplant city. It's something people in Phoenix say that is also true about Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and every damn metro area on the west coast.

I watched the bandwagon grow for the Seahawks before my eyes when I lived up there and you didn't see a ton of opposing fans at their stadium.

Canuckfan

Reaction score
Maybe we just have to accept that Cardinals Fans are not loyal to the team. Green Bay has loyal fans. We just must enjoy the game and ignore the woman discussing their makeup next to us.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
E

Every city on the west coast is a transplant city. It's something people in Phoenix say that is also true about Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and every damn metro area on the west coast.

I watched the bandwagon grow for the Seahawks before my eyes when I lived up there and you didn't see a ton of opposing fans at their stadium.

I always just took it at face value that AZ was all transplants. So I looked it up and found this from the 2019 census. Bare in mind a good percentage of these may have been born elsewhere and lived in their state for 50 years.

45% of Arizona's population was born in another state. (I left out places like Delaware and Wyoming where the population would fit in my garden)

Nevada - 51%
New Hampshire - 51%
Washington DC - 48.6%
Colorado - 46.5%
Florida - 39.22% (Actually more than natives but a lot of immigrants)
Oregon - 43%
Idaho - 47%
Washington - 37%
Maryland - 36%
Virginia - 36%
South Caroline - 38%
North Carolina - 35%
Tennessee - 35%
New Jersey - 22% (Nobody want's to live their? Weird)
Kansas - 32%
Texas - 21%

Most of the rest are about 25-35% but I left them off because they are small or don't have a team. So It's not as if AZ are wildly different than anywhere else.

I don't see loads of opposing fans at Raiders or Broncos games.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These holier than thou posts on this subject are getting annoying. Who are you to criticize someone else's situation that you know nothing about. Clearly they bought their season tickets with the likely intent of attending the games, but financial issues or just simply getting a ridiculous offer on their tickets likely led to them selling the tickets for a game. Of course we are also still in the midst of a pandemic that may have some fans still weary of going to a crowded stadium.
I love the pandemic excuse. I guess the pandemic has been an issue since the stadium opened. Financial issues? Crazy how so many people with the luxury of purchasing season tickets to the NFL suddenly are on hard times when the Packers or Cowboys come to town. Just call it what it is. Fan base thats willing to sell out at the first opportunity, that really doesn't care that much. That is just the reality. I remember people paying thousands a ticket to sit in the nose bleeds to see the Suns get worked by the Bucks in the Finals. Come Playoffs, people won't sell, if a home playoff game even happens. Thanks sell outs for Lambeau West.

No need for excuses. Just call it what it is.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

For all the criticism of Green what if he misheard the play call because of all the fan noise from GB fans in the stadium?
We had just come out of a timeout. Crowd noise should have had no factor on that last play.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Blah blah I know they don't owe us anything or any kind of explanation, but it was definitely a factor in a 3 point loss tonight. Crazy thing is, this game might actually cost them a home playoff game. Now I'm not saying we lost solely because of that, but our crowd didn't show up for a primetime game at 7-0 and that doesn't help. Even though the game was constantly close, the crowd was a nonfactor. This could bite us down the line.
I'm not going to blame anybody for anything. Once you buy something it belongs to you and you can burn them if you so desire. But it's kinda stupid not to sell them if you can't go to the game. Money is hard to come by and it shouldn't be wasted.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had just come out of a timeout. Crowd noise should have had no factor on that last play.

I know. But in other circumstances it could have done.

It's not beyond reality to think letting so many visiting fans into your house might have consequences on a crucial play. Le Fleur already said the fans they had at the game helped them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to blame anybody for anything. Once you buy something it belongs to you and you can burn them if you so desire. But it's kinda stupid not to sell them if you can't go to the game. Money is hard to come by and it shouldn't be wasted.

People keep strawmanning this argument.

Nobody is talking about the small number that can't go to a game because they got to work or they are out of town.

They are talking about the many thousands that buy season tickets with the intention of selling out to visiting fans for money, or decide not to go to games they could go to because they know they can make $600 from a visiting fan, or sell out because they can't be bothered driving across town.

Fans that legitimately can't make a game are not the issue.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a route that they checked into. If AJ didn't hear that check by Murray, the crowd noise was definitely a factor.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how you describe it - we have a very weak fan base.

7-0 exciting Cardinals team playing in primetime on Thursday Night Football and the stadium was overwhelmingly full of Packers' fans?

Pathetic. Period.

I don't care what fans in other cities do, etc. We're talking about the Arizona Cardinals.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a route that they checked into. If AJ didn't hear that check by Murray, the crowd noise was definitely a factor.
The "Pack" fans were obnoxious all night and you'd have thought we were in Lambeau with all of the chants of "Go Pack Go." Thankfully, many of these were likely just bandwagon Packers' fans because they chanted loudly a couple of times when the Packers had the ball and made it more difficult for Rodgers.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People keep strawmanning this argument.

Nobody is talking about the small number that can't go to a game because they got to work or they are out of town.

They are talking about the many thousands that buy season tickets with the intention of selling out to visiting fans for money, or decide not to go to games they could go to because they know they can make $600 from a visiting fan, or sell out because they can't be bothered driving across town.

Fans that legitimately can't make a game are not the issue.
It's the capitalist system

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stadium location is a absolutely why I won't go to games. It's horrible
It should have been built in the East Valley, but that hasn't stopped us from making every game in the new place.

It's the easiest sport to attend every game each season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave