Series X looks like $500
Series S looks like $300

Trade ins at gamestop:
Xbox one X $200
Xbox one S $125

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I want one of these day one but I have a feeling they will be hard to get. During this pandemic, a LOT of people took up gaming. I'm sure that wont die out with a new console release.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outdoor hobbies have been constantly sold out as well. I'll be trying to preorder because I want the extra money for consoles in exchange but we'll see.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Same. In years prior I've been buying from Gamestop but they seem to be going out of business at an alarming rate. Don't want to give them my money and then the store close or something before we even get to release date.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see any world where gamestop goes out of business during a console launch. Its the most profitable time for them.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I'm talking more so certain stores. Had an issue a few months back where I pre-ordered a game from Gamestop for my nephews birthday. When he went to get the game, the store had closed. I'm still waiting on a return email from Gamestop HQ on where he'll be able to redeem his copy.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a discounted XBone X when these come out. I'm so far behind on playing current-gen titles that I have no need for the cutting edge. These new consoles look really nice, though. I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually. I hate the exclusive platform title thing that's becoming more and more prevalent.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One X is going for $250-$300 on ebay currently. Gamestop will give me $200 for mine as a trade in. I'd happily sell it to you for that instead of them if you'd like @puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One X is going for $250-$300 on ebay currently. Gamestop will give me $200 for mine as a trade in. I'd happily sell it to you for that instead of them if you'd like @puckhead

I'm in zero rush, so I'm sure it will be quicker for you to get your trade in and go for it, but I really appreciate the offer. :thumbup:

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in zero rush, so I'm sure it will be quicker for you to get your trade in and go for it, but I really appreciate the offer. :thumbup:

just LMK. I have a 5TB harddrive with it too that will not be compatible with the series X. I was going to sell it online or something.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently you can store and play old games from an external but not the new games. The new added storage is rumored to be $200. I don't love the change butaybe still having old storage can be useful somehow

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Live at 11AM. Signed onto websites at 11:02 AM and already out of stock lol.

With any gen, immediate upgrades are not really required as all games work on the current consoles too so I'm not focused on it. If I catch a preorder, cool, if not, Maybe I can get one closer to or after xmas.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Proprietary SSD options for new xbox announced at $219 for 1TB.

External harddrive can house xbox one, 360 and OG games but not new games. New games have to go on new xbox hard drive or installed extra SSD drive.

Series s something like 500GB out the box. X is 1tb out the box.

I am used to having a huge backup ready to go but I also never got close to filling the 5 TB. Thinking if anything I can survive on the OG 1tb in the X with the games I am currently playing at a time as I usually only carry a few games at a time as active games. IE right now it is warzone and tony hawk 1+2 but also party games like trivial pursuit, jackbox and etc.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that a lot of people bought Xbox One X's on pre-order day thinking it was the Series X console. :eek: They're going to be so disappointed!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
750% increase on xbox one X. Hoping it is all the bots that scalpers create to buy up inventory and they get saddled with a bunch of one X's for typing their code wrong.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lol

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I also tried to get one and also wasn't fast enough. Not tripping though. Madden is almost the only game I play at the moment and Im fine keeping this one going till Madden 22. The only other game I want to get is CyberPunk and that I can also get on this current model.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also tried to get one and also wasn't fast enough. Not tripping though. Madden is almost the only game I play at the moment and Im fine keeping this one going till Madden 22. The only other game I want to get is CyberPunk and that I can also get on this current model.

yeah, it will still be the same price in a year so I see no reason to wait around but if I cant get it right now its not going to matter much.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as Best Buy doesn't cancel my order, I should get one opening day. Got lucky I guess.

They already charged my card, so that's a good sign.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in no rush as the new Halo game is delayed.
I can't justify the Game Pass monthly fee. I don't play enough and I only play a few games.
This external drive thing is really jerky.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in no rush as the new Halo game is delayed.
I can't justify the Game Pass monthly fee. I don't play enough and I only play a few games.
This external drive thing is really jerky.

I'm not sure if I would ever get on board with gamepass as I don't play enough games. We have played almost nothing but COD and Warzone for the last 12 months. Having 100+ games in a library does me no good and I have over 300 digital titles in my ready to install that I rarely touch.

With microsoft buying up companies like bethesda, all their first party titles go into game pass for free on day one. So, even if you bought 4 games a year, if they are all microsoft titles, you would save money by doing gamepass but outside of that you do not.

The gamepass now allows streaming games to your phone which is enticing for how often I find myself sitting at pop warner practices or whatnot with nothing to do but for now I will still pass.

I did want to get it just because 1) xbox is one thing I always early adopt and 2) the graphics for the current games I play will make a giant leap ahead. But, I cant buy it, so... :shrug:

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all digital everything personally but I still want the X as it is better in most every way and also will double as a blue ray player for the once a year I need one. I have not bought a physical disc game since.....maybe the one that came with my day one xbox one? not sure.